Tekkit Server(TBD)

Started by bb25565, July 06, 2012, 12:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidd2000

*Raise his hand in discomfort*

Whats Hammachi? And is this tekkit 3.03?

bb25565

well hamachi is a program that connects everyone together i a sence. So you can goon my server and not get hacked so to speek or viruses... not that you will but just for safty and here is the link to download(https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx) make sure to download the UNMANAGED version ok.
Fawkes
\(^~^)/  I have voted myself fabulous.

Kidd2000

Alrighty awsome, But I can't connect to the server. I typed in the IP and I won't connect. Its not my Firewall or anything like that. I'm using the Recommended version of Tekkit so I can't firue otu the problem here. So im logged in the Hamachi Insomniac group with Glenn and 2 other people. But can't connect through Miencraft.

Glenn

Quote from: KiddKreeper on July 09, 2012, 02:28:26 AM
Alrighty awsome, But I can't connect to the server. I typed in the IP and I won't connect. Its not my Firewall or anything like that. I'm using the Recommended version of Tekkit so I can't firue otu the problem here. So im logged in the Hamachi Insomniac group with Glenn and 2 other people. But can't connect through Miencraft.
I neither can connect on this moment, and when I can connect, I'm sorta falling in the vault...(with other words, the map doesn't load for me =S )
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

bb25565

Fawkes

Kidd2000

It's working for me. I was using my IP rather than yours. <DERP> Well, time to mine >:D

bb25565

Fawkes

Kidd2000

He-he, but I'm in creative. Unless, you want any help making anything or a spawn, you should change my gamemode.

bren4q

Still waiting on answers to these:

- a detailed description of what it will run and what features it will have
- its speedtest.net connection results
- whether it will be 24/7, and if not, what days/times it will be running
- how long you plan to run it (days/weeks/months)
- will it be a dedicated computer (i.e. is it a 2nd PC or will you be using it for normal everyday use)
Surplus to requirements

bb25565

Sorry bren, i spaced didn't know this was here i was absent those days but that doesn't relay matter.

This server will be running a tekkit launcher which is unlike any server you may know. It holds about 13 mods on it, and for one thing everyone will love it. Weather you like computers there is a mod called computercraft that you can make programs for mining turtles that mine for you. I dont want to spoil that mod so i will leave that up to who every interested. Another mod is red powere. People who like redstone will LOVE this mod. Another is EE, short for equivalent exchange, which lets you transmute items into other items with the same value... If you want me to explain the rest it will take a while but that is the jist of those mods, there are a TON more.

I'm on my phone not at my house yet but i will give you the connection is a bit

24/7 I'm not sure yet i travel a lot so maby not but i usually keep it running all the time

I plan on running it until 8/0/2012. After that i will see what happens

Yes the tekkit server will have its own computer, but its a laptop and wireless. I keep it next to my router and its the only thing running on my computer

the reason I'm posting this is that the server will be down for a bit and my hamachi engine broke so...
Fawkes

bb25565

<Details removed - Bren>
Fawkes

bb25565

Fawkes

bb25565

Here is a link to Sphax's PureBDcraft texture pack that has new texturs to tekkit, here is the link:http://bdcraft.net/node/65
Fawkes

Dwerg

Are you seriously going to allow this guy to run a server? I'm amazed he's not banned yet for advertising the server. Running it on a laptop with wireless and hamachi, seriously hamachi!!??

I know what would happen if I tried to advertise a server around here, I would be epicly banned again. To be honest, this thread actually pisses me off.

I would very much like a Tekkit Minecraft server though, but without hamachi because it's an unnecessary 3rd party program just for the connection. It will make us look really un-pro...

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/015R (copy to text editor for easier reading)

Kidd2000

That post was "un-pro". I see you're reasons but keep harsh emotions out of this. Flame wars could erupt if that ever happens. Also, Bren allowed permission for this so he is okay to run it. I don't like using hamachi but I think its nice. Reminds me of skype.