Tekkit Server(TBD)

Started by bb25565, July 06, 2012, 12:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb25565

In  couple days i will be hosting a tekkit server. In this server you can spawn stuff!!!!! I am still deciding on weather to use hamachi or just portfoward. To join the tekkit server u will need the tekkit launcher. Here is the link to download the tekkit launcher link(http://www.technicpack.net/).

Directions
All that is needed from you is to download the appropriate launcher o the top left Coulomb on the website, and intall the launcher. When installed run the launcher and a home screen should show up, on the top left click the arrow pointing down and select "tekkit". Then just login and click multi-player, add new server, then type the in the ip. I will post the ip in a couple days, if you wish to play on the server reply your minecraft name and i will white-list you.

Rules
1)NO NUKES, if u spawn a nuke you will be banned
2)No griefing, if you grief you will be banned
3)No nuke reactors, if you spawn a nuke reactor you will be temp banned for 3 days. Only my self(bb12341) or someone who is highly experienced(players will be named later will be named later) with them will be able to spawn/make one.
4)Respect the other players belongings, if you do not you will be questioned by an op and eather let go or banned
5)HAVE FUN, if you do not you will be killed repeatedly
Fawkes
\(^~^)/  I have voted myself fabulous.

Reichtmueller

Wait.. is this to be a insomniac server?

Has some super given you approval?
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Kidd2000

Quote from: bb25565 on July 06, 2012, 12:25:14 AM
In  couple days i will be hosting a tekkit server. In this server you can spawn stuff!!!!! I am still deciding on weather to use hamachi or just portfoward. To join the tekkit server u will need the tekkit launcher. Here is the link to download the tekkit launcher link(http://www.technicpack.net/).

Directions
All that is needed from you is to download the appropriate launcher o the top left Coulomb on the website, and intall the launcher. When installed run the launcher and a home screen should show up, on the top left click the arrow pointing down and select "tekkit". Then just login and click multi-player, add new server, then type the in the ip. I will post the ip in a couple days, if you wish to play on the server reply your minecraft name and i will white-list you.

Rules
1)NO NUKES, if u spawn a nuke you will be banned
2)No griefing, if you grief you will be banned
3)No nuke reactors, if you spawn a nuke reactor you will be temp banned for 3 days. Only my self(bb12341) or someone who is highly experienced(players will be named later will be named later) with them will be able to spawn/make one.
4)Respect the other players belongings, if you do not you will be questioned by an op and eather let go or banned
5)HAVE FUN, if you do not you will be killed repeatedly

That's cool,I was actually looking into a server that is for Tekkit. I have one question. What version of Tekkit will it be? 3.03 rec. ver.? Oh, and you should let me make a nuclear reactor. I know the difference between a Mark 1 and a Mark 5. I actually made one in creative that is mark 1 with acceptable EU. Of course you can just make an inf. supply of EU with the watermills and inf. water source. OHOHOH! and we could find villages together and raid the loot! Then use a nuke to blow it up! It really only takes 2-3 to completely wipe it out.

Skitty

i have not. nor do i know what tekkit is. next time you decide to start a server and use our name. please talk to us not just make one and think we will jump on board.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bb25565

sorry about that skitty i didnt know i was just wondering to see who wanted to play, i am not taking the name or anything its just for fun. But if you whant be to use the name thats fine too. And no this is not an insomniac server it is mine for now... no... nukes -.-, mabey i will let ou if you can prove to me that you can, and only make a markII, no mark IV, or V. And i we will make inf. sorce or EU

Kidd post your minecraft name so i can white list you if you whant to play and skitty and bren4q are atomaticly on because thay own the incomniac servers.

Tekkit is the same think as Technic, but tekkit is the multiplayer version. the mod pack has buildcraft, industrialcraft, equilent exchange, red power, railcraft, and more. You can check it out here(Minecraft - Buildcraft Mod Spotlight - (Technic Pack Part 1))
Fawkes

Saracalia

bb25565

Fawkes

Kidd2000

My username is kidd2000. Simply that! (You also will want to use that spoiler thing for you're vids.)

bb25565

there is just sooo much more stuff i dont this there was many spoilers and thoes were just the basics. You are now white listed
Fawkes

Saracalia

Vertually it is just Minecraft with mods. I don't get it though on why we need it? I am not saying it is bad, but you could just install those mods onto Minecraft and play Minecraft with those mods.

Jahona

Quote from: Noku345 on July 06, 2012, 06:16:56 AM
Vertually it is just Minecraft with mods. I don't get it though on why we need it? I am not saying it is bad, but you could just install those mods onto Minecraft and play Minecraft with those mods.

Yes you could.  This is just allowing people to use these mods together.  Tekkit is supposed to be the bukkit server side plugin pack.

A few things,  We don't allow outside advertising of servers that are not part of the Insomniac server community.  We are not against other people running servers but we ask that they do not advertise.  If you wish to host a server for Insomniac Servers then you need to either contact one or all of the SuperOps, or make a post asking if you can, and we will take the necessary actions to approve or deny your request.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bb25565

its not an advertisement or something like that is siply do you what to play tekkit. nohing more and if everyone keeps hinking its part of insomniac i might s well ask for permission from some superops. If the superops could decide and post it or PM m that would be great
Fawkes

Dwerg

I wanted to ask about hosting a Tekkit server for the community, I already have one running (not inviting any). But for reasons some of you know it's pointless to ask, although I am very competent with running servers.
But no matter who the host is I would like a Tekkit server on Insomniac. It's a huge modpack with much technical stuff, I know the redstone nerds would love this kind of thing. I have played it very much myself (on my server with a friend).
The best thing about it is that the server is very easy to set up, you download the tekkit server and you're ready to go. You can also add bukkit plugins like you would normally do with a regular bukkit server. I would not recommend restricting it much and instead have a whitelist for the people that can be trusted not to grief or do any other bad stuff. The client is also very easy to set up, you don't need to play around in the minecraft.jar or anything. You just have to download the launcher, select Tekkit then log in with the regular minecraft user and then you can play. Simple as that!

(For those who are skeptical about entering username and password in the launcher I can tell you it's open-source and if they added malicious code people would know)

http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/015R (copy to text editor for easier reading)

bb25565

I am trying to get aprovle from the superops, and i have a question. What is a good plugin that allows normal players to spawn stuff but not ban or kick.
Fawkes