Insomniac Build-Off Competition: Round 1!

Started by Saracalia, September 07, 2012, 07:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saracalia

Insomniac Build-Off Competition

Welcome to Round 1. Now, it is the same as always, start building in this round to fully go for the competition. But please, do obey by the rules. All the information about this round will be in this thread.

RULES:
1. Build to the Build-Off Round Theme. This means do not build something that does not go with the theme build.
2. No cheating, coping other works or griefing. Server rules will still be implied in this competition. Anyone caught doing any of these will be auto-disqualified. If you think someone is cheating or coping someones work, please see either me or the judges. I will list all the judges down below.
3. ProBuilders+ Only. Also, to go through the next round, you must post your builds in this thread.
4. Build on the Build-Off Maps Only. We have set out maps for each round. Please do not go and build on the buildmaps if you're taking part in the competition

The Judges:
Before I announce who the judges are, please thank them for going out of there way to judge this competition.
- MarcusBoay
- Riechtmueller
- jwirth
- thrash393

Build-Off Maps:
Please speak to bren4q or jwirth about the maps for the Build-Off if one map is full. But apart from that, the map to build on for Round one is located on Insomniac Classic Server 2 and is called: ibcomp1

THEME TO BUILD:
Men in Black!
Please do take your time for this build. You can build anything related to the Men In Black movies.

When to Finish the build?
Now, due to a new conflict between timezones, I will give everyone about 3 weeks max to finish off the build. Builds must be completed by Saturday 29th of September at 9:30pm ACST. Times zone of this build will be located here.

Good luck, and may the best builds pass onto the next round!

jwirth

You can also talk to me if the map is full I can easily make a new one if needed.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Saracalia

Quote from: jwirth on September 07, 2012, 07:54:12 AM
You can also talk to me if the map is full I can easily make a new one if needed.

Added you.

Saracalia

Reichtmueller

I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

MarcusBoay

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

jwirth

lol I agree 100% with you Marcus xD

QuoteTHEME TO BUILD:
    Men in Black!

Good thing I didn't join as a builder!!
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Saracalia

Hey, I did say to build anything related to Men In Black

Juwayyid

The new men in black movie ruined the whole series for me.  It was just terrible.  I won't be entering the build off.

Should have gone with alien or space instead!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Saracalia

Quote from: Juwayyid on September 11, 2012, 01:08:31 PM
The new men in black movie ruined the whole series for me.  It was just terrible.  I won't be entering the build off.

Should have gone with alien or space instead!

You can build an alien or space.

haze_storm15

i never watched men in black soo ill google and do myy best

haze_storm15

Kidd2000

Its only on IS2 and the world is ibcomp1. just type /world ibcomp1 and bingo bango!

haze_storm15

Reichtmueller

I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.