Insomniac Build-Off Competition: Round 1!

Started by Saracalia, September 07, 2012, 07:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

Quote from: Noku345 on September 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM
Well, I can't wait to see how this round end? Also, just 2 more days left til the round ends
But theres only 2 builds so whoever wins, wins overall. I don't think you can give away a full priced Minecraft code for a two-person contest. I reckon whoever wins can have a Terraria gift code and Noku should keep the Minecraft code for a later build-off, with more participants.

Noku, I think it is important to state the theme before people sign-up, perhaps say what all 3 rounds will be before it starts. Then people know what they need to do before they sign up so there is more chance of them staying in it until the end. Also, for the contest to run you should specify that there should be at least 6 participants.
Surplus to requirements

MarcusBoay

Quote from: bren4q on September 27, 2012, 06:30:51 AM
Quote from: Noku345 on September 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM
Well, I can't wait to see how this round end? Also, just 2 more days left til the round ends
But theres only 2 builds so whoever wins, wins overall. I don't think you can give away a full priced Minecraft code for a two-person contest. I reckon whoever wins can have a Terraria gift code and Noku should keep the Minecraft code for a later build-off, with more participants.

Noku, I think it is important to state the theme before people sign-up, perhaps say what all 3 rounds will be before it starts. Then people know what they need to do before they sign up so there is more chance of them staying in it until the end. Also, for the contest to run you should specify that there should be at least 6 participants.
I don't recommend that because it could cause the builders to get an early start which may not be wanted in the competition.

Other than that, I think other than giving away Minecraft gift-codes, maybe give something different each time so there may be more people joining the build-off to get the prize. I know I would join if it was a Terraria gift-code. or gmod...

The impossible can be possible if you yearn to achieve it. -MB
[spoiler]Practice is good but I'd like to say it is not everything. Some people hit a 'plateau' and they practice for hours and hours but they just don't seem to get any better. It is mental. Escape the fate. There is no destiny because you can make your own. Talent does not exist, or if it does I do not have it. There is no such thing as gifted. If someone can do it, if it's possible, I can do it. You and I can become infinitely better. Maybe natural talent does exist, but it really doesn't matter because i'll overcome it. Fuck talent, fuck biology, and fuck a diceroll. I want to be the best and I'll rise no matter what. It's this psycho attitude which makes me 'so good'. -Wonderland (tf2 pro soldier/rocket jumper)[/spoiler]

Saracalia

The build-off will be restarted due to a lack of people joining. As for the map, I will speak to bren about the map so it doesn't get deleted.

Daymon10DD

I'll join the build off... :D lol I aaked a few days ago to see if I was elligible to enter but... idk lol
Everyone Has Two Lives. The Second Life Begins After You Realize You Only Have One.

Mister_Survival

sorry i didnt have time to join in. I will join in now because of the restart
I know i am young, but i might as well have fun with it.

kesteve

Despite the fact that this may not count towards anything.... here's my build  ;D :

"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Mister_Survival

bren4q

Quote from: kesteve on September 29, 2012, 02:26:57 PM
Despite the fact that this may not count towards anything.... here's my build  ;D :

That's pretty cool, kesteve.
With only one completed themed build, I reckon Noku should save the Minecraft gift code for a bigger contest.

As the winner of this one-horse race, and as a consolation prize, would you like a Terraria gift code? It is through Steam, so you'd need that installed and signed up.
Surplus to requirements

Krawkyz

crazy_maarten

woow nice build :D

i like the alien

good luck in the next round!

crazy_maarten
Quote from: kesteve on September 29, 2012, 02:26:57 PM

Mister_Survival

(bashes head on keyboard) He always wins building competitions

kesteve

Quote from: bren4q on October 09, 2012, 08:57:53 AM

As the winner of this one-horse race, and as a consolation prize, would you like a Terraria gift code? It is through Steam, so you'd need that installed and signed up.

I would love one!! Steam's been installed already.
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

bren4q

That's been sent now. You should get something in your inbox of the email address you have on the forum.
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

As for this competition. I am going to restart it later on through the week with a new name and everything. Details will be posted in the forums later on during the week.

Thread locked. And also, congratulations to kesteve for the only finished theme build.