Insomniac Classic 1

Started by Ejay845, September 07, 2012, 03:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

Welp this server is very desolate... It's so fun and what not and then when people on Is2 say they're bored
I try to get them to go to Insomniac 1 but they don't know how (derp?). Anywho, I believe if we all
play more on Is1 then it will be filled, along with Is2! Thus, just like the old Pk1 and Pk3 :)

I don't know if a IS3 is coming, but if it is- I suggest we get Insomniac 1 filled first for a few months.

So everyone, let's play at least some time on Is1 :D Then watch the players flood in.
There is a lot of epic fun stuff to do on Is1 anyhow!!! More have come too!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

bren4q

The problem with IS1 is that it doesn't get hardly any guests. Its always down lower on minecraft.net because it crashes from time to time. IS2 is reliable and can get up high and gets more new players, so that's where admins are needed.

I mean sure, us regulars can go to IS1 and hang out sometimes, but if we only have small amounts of free time then we go where we are needed to check for grief, and that's mostly IS2. Its just how things work out. But IS1 is still our spiritual home and always will be.

Long live PK3/PK1/IS1.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

i also noticed is1 has not been crashing alot and my net has not been dropping since i fixed things here.

the reason that it doesnt get as high as is2 is because it actually starts lower on the list then is2.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Krawkyz

I've been noticing, for me at least, that 800craft is more preferable. I think we should take down IS1, mainly because it gets little attention.
While we get a new map on IS2 every few days or so, IS1 hasn't had a new map in months.

Reichtmueller

Quote from: Ejay845 on September 07, 2012, 03:29:33 PM
I don't know if a IS3 is coming, but if it is- I suggest we get Insomniac 1 filled first for a few months.

it isn't
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

Saracalia

Quote from: Krawkyz on September 07, 2012, 03:54:21 PM
I think we should take down IS1, mainly because it gets little attention.

If we take down IS1... All those projects. All those builds... I am pretty sure there is a pretty good reason why the SuperOP's won't take down IS1. Besides, IS1 is also the only place where all those PK members can go to the past and remember those good times!

Krawkyz

Community project of removing /doors, /mb and shit.

bren4q

It may be quiet but unless IS1 was a strain on resources, either on skitty's hardware or in our admins' time, I don't see the harm in keeping it up. I'd only vote to take it down if it became a chore to keep running, and so far, with so few guests there is not much cleaning/ranking to do.

It is nice to visit for nostalgia reasons, and if you ever had friends that you wanted to show our best builds to, IS1 is the place to go. There is just so much stuff there from 18 months of building from hundreds if not thousands of players.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

and is1 is not a strain on the system. infact i think the system runs nicely with is1 and is2, a private server that i run for me and a few friends, and a web interface for something i use as well as a test system for mcforge 6 every month.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Ejay845

-Reich
You never know!

-Krawkyz
It's never being taken down. People still go there to finish projects and build.
Heck people are still making projects and finishing them! Including me...

Also: Is1 Still is used and gets grief. It's just very not noticed because all the attention is on Is2.
Like a new born baby, and a older sibling.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

jwirth

I just think we need to advertise more even if it costs some money I can pitch in with it anything that can help us out get this the old pk3 and pk1 feeling back, I miss having about 1000 guests on at once it kept me busy.

QuoteLong live PK3/PK1/IS1
8)
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Ejay845

Quote from: jwirth on September 07, 2012, 08:46:08 PM
I just think we need to advertise more even if it costs some money I can pitch in with it anything that can help us out get this the old pk3 and pk1 feeling back, I miss having about 1000 guests on at once it kept me busy.

QuoteLong live PK3/PK1/IS1
8)

*cough cough* school? Hasn't that started for you? Having 1000 guest on all the time with some people
not being on (thats op)  might not be good xD
[spoiler][/spoiler]

jwirth

school doesnt take much time work is what made me busy most of the time due to the times I had to work.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Cameryn11CC

:( Don't take IS1 down...please!It's like home and on some map my first build! Also ur guys first builds!It's like a home base to all the Insomniac servers!Who cares if not a lot of people go on?IS2 is still some what new! But i think it will settle down and then it will be just a mix of being on IS1 and IS2. :-\ just leave it alone...just giving my opinion...NO H8!
I'm more ready for a zombie attack thAn getting lost at walmart.

pusur44017

If we should do something we should change the guest limits to 64 on IS2 and whatever IS2 is on now to IS1

-pusur