Minecraft Classic No Longer Supported.

Started by Saracalia, September 18, 2012, 07:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

i stand corrected.
fucked if i know anything :V

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Butlerbandit

If classic does get to the point where it is unusable due to lack of support, we could always convert to a cracked retail server: this would allow us to keep those classic players who simply cannot purchase retail, as well as allowing us to have a place for a "newbes" to try out Insomniac and minecraft in general.
Held Together by Duct Tape

bren4q

The Creative server was cracked for a long time. Not many people from classic who didnt own the game ever used it. Perhaps that was because it wasnt SMP. But even still, there simply aren't that many classic-only players on IS any more. Running a cracked server might convert 4 or 5 regular players, but there is not a huge pool of regular classic players on these servers.
Surplus to requirements

Daymon10DD

Well... I played on the Cracked Creative Server until it was converted to just Retail... :l Funny how there wasn't a lot of admins on Classic but lots of Guests a while ago, but now there's neither Guests nor Admins... sometimes... :/
Everyone Has Two Lives. The Second Life Begins After You Realize You Only Have One.

whyitell

I still think those 5-6 members could make a difference, like I played on it and I told my freind about it and he tryed to join but it wasn't cracked anymore.

[/url]

Mudman

Yeah, classic is on a downward spiral. I can't even remember the last time I promoted someone past probuilder... Every person that comes onto classic either griefs, or builds one thing and never comes back...It depresses me :'(

If my computer could handle it, I personally would get on a cracked version and play retail. I think a cracked server is a great idea. But some people that play classic may specifically hate the full version.

If you are saying that, once classic is being visited about...once a month, that we would completely shut down classic and create a cracked server, there might be some conflict.

But if you're just saying we just add the crack server, keeping the classics, then yeah that'd be fine.
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

Kidd2000

Quote from: Kidd2000 on September 22, 2012, 09:34:59 AM
the classic servers will have about 9 months left of hearty players.

Almost 9 months....

Ejay845

I know this is pretty old but, is there still a way to go to classic? My whole childhood was on these servers believe it or not xD
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Ejay845

[spoiler][/spoiler]