Wreck It Ralph

Started by bren4q, September 24, 2012, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

jwirth

Yea I want to go see it I love the trailer part when one of the halo looking guys screams "I love my momma" I just couldn't help but laugh at that and the little girl is such a troller at the beginning.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Juwayyid

It also looks like it could be like the movie bolt, which I am not a fan of.

I want it to be good, and people will say it is just because of the concept/bad guys in it.  But people said despicable me was good as well, and they lied.

There better be a damn hidden herobrine in there somewhere!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Mudman

I think it'll be an okay movie, never seen this kind of plot before, interesting, I'll watch it when it is available on On Demand :P
Why is it called "common" sense. If it would be up to me, I'd call it rare sense...

Butlerbandit

Anyone else consider the irony of the fact that like all movies today, this will inevitably spawn a cheesy video-game?
Held Together by Duct Tape

Mister_Survival

Quote from: jwirth on September 24, 2012, 07:42:05 PM
Yea I want to go see it I love the trailer part when one of the halo looking guys screams "I love my momma" I just couldn't help but laugh at that and the little girl is such a troller at the beginning.
I think you mean teh troopers from teh classic "Hero's Duty" which is a First Person Shooter Adventure along with Time Crisis and many more entries!
I know i am young, but i might as well have fun with it.

greenyoshi119

Quote from: Butlerbandit on September 24, 2012, 10:14:35 PM
Anyone else consider the irony of the fact that like all movies today, this will inevitably spawn a cheesy video-game?
lol i think they actually did make it into a game (which, as you said, is pretty ironic xD)
If i had a nickel, for every time I found a nickel, I'd have a dime every time i found a nickel.

Mister_Survival

All movies are made into stupid cheesy games today, especially teh animated ones.
I know i am young, but i might as well have fun with it.

Juwayyid

So?  Who saw it and who liked it?

I saw it this Sunday and I have to say it was a pretty darn good film.  Although the first hour an a half appears to be completely for children, the story does pick up and then becomes quite exciting. 

The plot is not really shown in the trailers.  The whole "Ralph leaving his game" thing is not what the whole movie is about, but is what leads Ralph to discover the bigger problem in his universe.

I really enjoyed all of the characters except for Ralph himself.  He is the only one who didn't stand out to me, nor was he very likeable.  We were with him for his whole adventure, yet while watching it it seems that I was rooting for everyone else in the film except for Ralph!  I guess he was just a bit of a flat character, I mean, He comes from a 2D game after all...  (LAME)

Overall however, the film was just all around fun.  The "Sugar Rush" game we get to live in looks ridiculously delicious.  You'll definitely want to bring some candy for that part.  There are also really sad times, and I mean REALLY SAD.  I don't cry, EVER, but this film actually got me on the verge of tears which is somewhat pathetic as it probably really isn't that sad.  Toy Story 3 had me teary eyed, but come on, that's Toy Story 3!  It's that damn little girl in this film...  I really liked her character a lot.

Final Rating:  7/10, B+  It was really a good film and I recommend seeing it in theaters.

(On a side note, I saw Hotel Transylvania 2 weeks before seeing Wreck it Ralph and I was comparing the 2 afterward.  Both are pretty different films but I do believe I can't decide which I liked better.  Where Wreck it Ralph dragged for too long in the beginning of the film, Hotel Transylvania had a less than exciting story.  However, Hotel Transylvania was really funny and all the characters were very likeable.  The animation had a cool style to it and the madness Dracula goes through is quite entertaining.  Ralph had a much better story and a really great twist in the plot.)

And yes, I love animated movies...  when they are good of course.  I do not like Despicable Me.  Nor Up.  But I did like Wreck it Ralph!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

kesteve

Lol Juwayyid, nice movie review. I agree, it was a pretty fun movie. The creators seemed to throw in a large amount of old games and old references. (Apparently the little Oreos singing "Oreo" was a reference to the wizard of Oz.)

I also agree with the tasty looking Sugar Rush part. I seemed to salivate just from the awesome details in the movie (down to the small little thread on a jacket). Not sure what I'd rate it. Your 7/10 sounds about right.
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.