New Forum

Started by Skitty, November 24, 2011, 07:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

Tell me what you think.
tell me any slow downs. issues. etc etc etc.
~skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bearsfan11

Looks great... as of right now I'm not experiencing anything slower than before.

gaminguru

Looks really cool. I like the insomniac eye logo.

Ejay845

Its so epic! Its really really cool!!!! >.<
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Skittlez

It's damn good. But I really would like to have that News Stream thing back, it makes life finding new topics a bit easier. Also, minor detail, when one replies to a topic, the "Recent Topics" bar is above, is there anyway to move it to hte bottom?
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

I'm liking the color and theme. Be sure to pass on our thanks to Rii for helping make it happen.

My own preference would be to have less onscreen at any one time. "Less is more", that's my motto! As well as looking cleaner, it could speed up page load times.

As Skittlez mentioned, Recent Topics needs to be moved. We should have it just on the Home page or the main Forum page instead of being on top of every thread.

My other preferences would be to...
- Remove the full thread previews on the Home page. Prefer not to see contents of threads before opening them, e.g. giant pic of sklooshes face  :P
- Remove the Top Topics box from the side panel. Its not really valuable info since threads with most posts are often out of date. Recent Topics will usually be more beneficial.

The Inferno theme is good but could you also install some extra ones so that people can customize the forum appearance if they want. I found these 3 to be quite good:
Night Sky - http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2468
Blue Moonlight - http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2011
OpTic v2 - http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2370
Surplus to requirements

morin

i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol

Rii

Quote from: bren4q on November 24, 2011, 03:05:39 PM

• As Skittlez mentioned, Recent Topics needs to be moved. We should have it just on the Home page or the main Forum page instead of being on top of every thread.
  • Remove the full thread previews on the Home page. Prefer not to see contents of threads before opening them, e.g. giant pic of sklooshes face  :P
  • Remove the Top Topics box from the side panel. Its not really valuable info since threads with most posts are often out of date. Recent Topics will usually be more beneficial.
  • The Inferno theme is good but could you also install some extra ones so that people can customize the forum appearance if they want.

• Done
  • Done
  • Done
  • If you want to utilize the features of Simple Portal that gives all the extras like the shoutbox etc then this is a Can't be done. This is because Simple portal will only allow one theme to be assoiciated with Simple Portal.

This is why i ditched the custom MineCraft theme i made and just made a seperate banner for MineCraft using this theme...

Sublimity

This looks really good! Seriously, I like it.

Just one thing: I keep getting logged out after a while. I'd like to have the option to select how long I want to stay logged in.

Skitty

Quote from: Sublimity on November 25, 2011, 09:16:47 AM
This looks really good! Seriously, I like it.

Just one thing: I keep getting logged out after a while. I'd like to have the option to select how long I want to stay logged in.
there is one already.
try clicking the login link.

jwirth

I think the forum is set up almost like pks forum was its comferting but thats just me.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Skitty

we tried our best to bring it to a more updated system.

Skittlez

Quote from: Skitty on November 25, 2011, 10:30:27 AM
we tried our best to bring it to a more updated system.
-> Quote test.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

gvc1529

This is a pretty good new forum.  :D well... i like it at least. The logo is pretty cool
Wolves are wise, and have killer instincts.

McG

Is there any possibility to have a "all unread topics" page?
Also, it doesn't appear that we have prettyurl installed yet.  A fix maybe?

McG.
Howdy, I'm McG.  Musician/producer, competitive sailor, avid Minecrafter.

Check out my SC page!  If you like what you hear I might be releasing downloads soon.