Custom Weapons/potions for 1.4!

Started by sifitis, October 30, 2012, 10:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

In 1.4, it is possible to change the NBT files of weapons, potions, and player heads to give exceptional enchantments, effects, and faces to them.  I myself was bored, so I tried it out.  I decided to post a download link to the map I made for my experimenting so you can get a taste of what can be done with this handy tool. Sorry about the briefness of this description, this is my 4th time trying to write this...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jfoz7f0tff7v76b

WARNING!!!
THE TOOTH OF FORTUNE IS A FAILED EXPERIMENT!!!
USING IT TO KILL A MOB WILL CAUSE IT TO DROP 350+ STACKS OF ITS MATERIALS!!!
USE WITH GREATEST CAUTION, IF AT ALL!!!!!

Tools for creating custom stuff:
NBTedit: http://copy.mcft.net/mc/NBTedit/NBTedit.zip
Tutorial on Potions: Minecraft custom potion effects tutorial (12w39b)
Tutorial on Weapons/tools: Minecraft - How To Edit/Hack Enchantments With NBTEdit [Tutorial][HD]
Tutorial on Heads: Minecraft Custom Heads NBTedit tutorial

jwirth

lol you can troll hard with changing your items name xD this is a good update but I'm still waiting for the Aether!
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Kidd2000

Quote from: jwirth on October 30, 2012, 03:30:42 PM
lol you can troll hard with changing your items name xD this is a good update but I'm still waiting for the Aether!

The dream world was scrapped and used to make The End.

Juwayyid

Is the head thing something that Bren would have to set up for the creative server or is it a client thing?

Can't wait for 1.4!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

thealex447

Or we just use Tim the enchanter plugin. Any enchantment, any item, up to level 120.

sifitis

@Juwayyid-
At the moment, the heads are only accessible through the server file itself, and heads cant be created by any non-host players.  The issue is that the server file itself is editted, and that may be for SP only.

@thealex447-
ya, I realise that there are other ways, but as you said, it only goes up to 120...I was able to go above 18,000...

either way, I'm just throwing out the idea. Up to you if its useful.

sifitis

I took the liberty of adding a few of the Insomniac Retail players' heads to my map =P

Juwayyid

That's too cool sif, and it's funny how the "hat" layer of a skin doesn't show up.  Krawk's skin is without the facemask! 
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Krawkyz

<---Avatar

thealex447

lol i think i see my head, but like krawkyz's, it has no mask.

3rd from the left on top i believe.

jwirth

Lol the heads remind me of S3E3 of The Walking Dead xD, it was a really weird and awkward part.

haze_storm15

What about me??Where my head sifi??

jwirth

I bet you guys can't figure out which head is mine in that, not counting the people that used the command or w/e and have seen me today.

Saracalia

Nobody likes an Enderman, so they all cancel out my head :L

Juwayyid

Haze, your head is there!  It's in Halloween mode, like mine.

And jwirth, that is so true!  Ep 3 was the most disturbing episode yet!  That head part was so weird and upsetting, but I hope they explain it!

(time to start a walking dead topic?)