The First EMPERIA WAR! (better version)

Started by Emperor_Quimby, December 25, 2012, 03:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

Me - *gazing into crystal ball*  "BAHaHAHAH!  Look at them old man!  Plotting and worrying as if they even have a chance!"

Old Mage - "My lord, you mustn't be so confident!  You have seen both Krawkyz and Jaysers in battle.  You have fought aside them!  They are not weak."

Me - "This is very true wise one, but this war will be all about team, and though together we were unstoppable, we are now separate, and jaysers will be there fighting kraw just as I am fighting him.  Weak they may not be, but weak they will become once the war is amongst us!"

Old Mage - "You are wise beyond your years master Juwayyid."

Me - "This fight is not for me Mage.  This is for our Emperor."
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Emperor_Quimby

Oh man i really want to take all those small dramatic chats together and make a comic on them...
Juw's wizard speak
Jaysers' assassin hiring
and pocket watch looking
+ kraw's trap talk

Krawkyz

I can see people going for Elixirbrew and Guard because they have some nice things. Elixirbrew has the combo of invisibility + poison + enderpearl.

Walking outside of the Pirate base stands Kraw. A pirate lacky comes up to him.
Pirate: Sir! The Elixirbrews have grown much stronger than we've expected.
Kraw: Aye, we ain't being fooled are we?
Pirate: While we may have bad linguistic skills, our info board is much to be reckoned with.
Kraw: I knew it would come to this!
Kraw pulls out a piece of paper majestically.
Pirate: Sir! You can't be serious! That goes against everything we stand for!
Kraw: Aye, that may be true, but yer voice also is in that agenda.
Pirate: *cough* Aye, me be sorry about that, Aye. Aye, we should, err, walk the plank!
Kraw: *laughter* Don't worry about it, me laddy. It's sometimes annoying to speak in this anyway!
Kraw - I need to bring this paper....to Dunkel.

Jaysers

Jay and the recruit arrive at a tavern, who's sign reads "The Prancing Brony"
Jay: -sigh- Not a location I'm particularly fond of.. Come, we have business to attend to. -mumbles about dumb decisions made by fellow members-
As they entered the tavern, Jay takes off his ridiculously large hood and notices two similarly fashioned members sitting in a corner-table
Jay: So tell me -as he approached them and sat down. He gestured the recruit to pull up a chair nearby- Out of every other locations we could meet, why this hellish district..?
Dunkel member 1: Why else other than to annoy you of course -she gave a witty laugh-
Jay: -smirks as he shakes his head- I worry for you Cedric, having to cope with her and her wittiness.
Dunkel member 2: -with a slight Irish accent- Aye, fate be a cruel thing to deal with. Yer lucky yur not stuck wit' someone who worrehs mor about 'er hair than 'er partner. -He laughs as the other jabs at his side while glaring- Wot? Was it som'in I said?
Jay: Hell hath no wrath like a woman's scorn, I hear -he chuckles- Let us refrain for digressing further. Do you carry an assignment for us?
Dunkel member 2: That we do. A good one at it, since ye be sittin' a newbie -he hands Jay a small piece of paper containing the contract-
Dunkel member 1: It's just a quick snatch and replace mission. No throat-slitting, no drastic escape. Once you replaced the item, you're to meet up with us at Location Four. Easy living.
Jay: Seems simple enough. -He starts to get up- Le's go 'Newbie'. You two behave yourselves now.
Dunkel member 1: No promises -as she gives him a wink-
Jay and the Recruit (Or at this point of the short, 'Newbie') leave the tavern
Recruit/Newbie:... So who are they? The two members. They seem more leisurely than I expected.
Jay: Who, Cedric and Aria? Ah, they and I used to be a trio in our youth. It was maybe a few days after our Initiation, and we were already formed as a team. Nowadays I mainly handle the dirty work while those two hand out the assignments and gather information. What they do in between all that is their business.
Recruit/Newbie: Uh huh.. And what's with the nickname "Newbie"..?
Jay: Tis only a temporary namebase. Mainly it's for Cedric who thinks he has a sense of humor. -He looks at his pocket watch- It's getting well into the night. This assignment doesn't require immediate action, but let's give the Pier a visit. I hear it and its residents are lovely this time in the night.
Recruit/Newbie: The Pier..? Isn't that where.. Isn't it dangerous?
Jay: Ahh 'Newbie'. Ye have so much to learn about the Dunkel. I'm sure the folks won't notice us. At least, I'm hoping. No need to worry. Besides, the assignment brings us there anyways, and she told you that this is an easy contract. Knowledge is best learned from first hand experience, as I like to say.
Jay puts his hood back on and they start to walk towards the Pier, chatting as they go

... This is fun to do :D
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Jaysers on December 25, 2012, 11:49:42 PM
The door of the tavern opens with an eerie creak as the amateur adventurer enters the tavern...
Me: Is there where you sign up for the uh.. umm...
Steve in cloak: -slowly spins dagger on the table- aye foh what? Spit it out then.
Me: The Assa-
Steve in cloak: -covers mouth with hand- SSssshhhhh. Best not to say that out heyuh in public boeh.
Me: T-then what should I call it then?
Steve in cloak: -resumes spinning dagger- There's been a few changes around here. Call us of the Dunkel Quarter.
Me: So do I talk to you to get in the Assa- I mean.. Dunkel Quarter?
Steve in cloak: -briefly inspects- Hmm.. Come wit' meh. We'll see wat yur made of. -grabs knife and exits quietly-

I sit in a tavern, drinking away my sorrows. I hate my job, being one of the donkey keepers. All we do all day is shovel dung. I can't even bear to be seen in public anymore, so I always wear a cloak when I go out drinking.
I take out my dagger and spin it on the table, considering suicide right then and there.

Suddenly, the tavern door opens with an annoying squeak, and a young adventurer walks in.

Adventurer: Is there where you sign up for the uh.. umm...

"Oh man..." I think to myself "I've seen his type before. Tried adventuring and failed, and now the only work he can find is as a donkey keeper."

Me: -I slowly spin the dagger on the table- aye foh what? Spit it out then.

Adventurer: The Assa-

I quickly cover his mouth with my hand. I hate my job, and I hate the nickname the town seems to have given it: the Ass Handlers.

Me: SSssshhhhh. Best not to say that out heyuh in public boeh.

Adventurer: T-then what should I call it then?

Me: There's been a few changes around here. Call us the Donkey Keepers.

At least, that's what I tried to say. At this point, the copious ammounts of booze I had been drinking started to kick in, and my speech slurred into something comparable to "Tha Dunkal Quartah"

Adventurer: So do I talk to you to get in the Assa- I mean.. Dunkel Quarter?

Me: Hmm.. Come wit' meh. We'll see wat yur made of.

I staggered my way out the back entrance of the tavern. Luckily, the adventurer wasn't folowing too close behind me, so I don't think he saw me vomit in the alleyway.
That's the last thing I can remember from that evening. I woke up the next morning with a massive hangover. I later learned that I had apparently signed up for some "Assassins" while I was drunk. Considering that I was a man of my word, and it couldn't have possibly been worse than my current job, I decided to pursue a career as an assassin. I have not seen that adventurer again since that night, and I think he stole my pocket-watch.

Sign me up for the Assassins!
Held Together by Duct Tape

Krawkyz

Kraw: Aria said they were comin'.
Captain Pirate: Maybe she ain't as truthworthy as you say she be?
Kraw looks at the Captain disgruntingly.
Kraw: Arr, you best be stayin' in your place. Aria has no reason to betray us (tips hat) especially in these dire times.
Pirate: Sir! They are in the quarter, and hiding, exactly where you said they would be.
Kraw: Aye, me Assassin trainin' be good in faith. Don't pursue, we be knowing where they head.
Pirate: Aye!
Pirate leaves to give out the orders.
Captain Pirate: What do ye have planned?
Kraw: You think I'm gonna destroy our only chance at winnin' this? No, we ain't gonna force anythin' down there throats. Once they see our tech, they will be thinkin' twice. (tips hat) The Elixirbrew won't even know what hit them.

Jaysers

Jay and Newbie look down from their hiding spot
Jay: -after perusing the room- No guards and no patrols nearby.. Ahh, there it is. -he jumped down from their hiding spot-
Newbie: Umm.. Are you sure you shouldn't advance in caution?
Jay: -He gives out a ridiculing laugh- Cautious? With these pirates? Heh, they can't tell their left from their right without assistance. I'm sure there's not much to worry about. -He swaps the items as he's talking- See? Easy does it. These pirates here enjoy spending most of their time drinking. I highly doubt that they'll be confronting us at any time soon.
-As Jay swapped the items, he took some time observing what the item was and its potential usages-
Jay: Newbie, come look at this and tell me what you think it is.
Newbie: -He jumps down and takes the item from his hand- It's quite heavy for its size. Maybe some old treasure or stolen mechanism?
Jay: Mayhaps.. I don't think it's made from the Industry Quarter nor the Elixibrew, and the pirates most likely aren't smart enough to make this on their own, so it might be foreign. Traded or stolen, this is something new in these areas.
Newbie: I don't get it.. Why would someone want us to steal something that could have already be stolen? It certainly doesn't look useful and I doubt anyone in Emperia would know how to use that.
Jay: Or someone just wanted our attention. I don't recall a contract as simple as this handed to a veteran to complete, especially someone with my skills. Most of these tasks are given to our younger members who recently earned their ranks..
Newbie: Someone with your skills? Aren't most assassins taught the same procedures of how to do things?
Jay: No, the Dunkels are much more than mindless paid killers. You'll learn that soon enough. As for me, I'm mainly given assignments that require more diplomatic and orator skills rather than killing.
-As they were still pondering what the item was, they completely forgot that they were in an unfriendly territory and heard some shouting in a close distance-
Jay: Well whatever its purpose or goal, I'd say it's done it quite well..
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Krawkyz

Two Pirates are shouting outside.
Pirate #1: Aye! Me boots be shinier than ye!
Pirate #2: You be crazy! I is so much smarter than ye!
*bickering?*
Kraw: Arr, close the doors as the argument spans. They should have realized by now its a trap, considering the lack of guarding there is here.
Captain Pirate: Aye, sir!
Captain flicks a switch, and some doors close that block off all entrances. There is some glass to be able to face the "prisoners."
L. Captain Pirate: Sir, they are closed off!
Kraw: Aye, they will think of a way out, and then find one. Or so they believe. I'll be in my quarters, make sure you divert them there, or I'll have ye heads!

Jaysers

Didn't say this eariler, but I applaud ye Butler. Wonderful parody you made there which gave me a good ache from laughter. A naive adventurer and a donkey keeper. No force in the world can stop them!

Jaysers

The doors close all at once, making all entrances become walls
Jay: -After blinking several times- Well then. That should've been expected.
Newbie: -Taps the doors- Hm. No use trying to break them. What is this building..?
Jay: It looked like some storage compartment. Something like a warehouse. -He inspects the room and notices several crates in the corner. He walks over and reads the label "CAHSHION"- Newbie, give me a hand with this.
He and Newbie removes the crate cover and sees small piles of a form of powder and next to them, some flint. Jay quickly realized what this was and took a piece of flint and took out his knife
Jay: Newbie, get some of the powder and put them into a compact container.
As Newbie was doing that, Jay ripped a part of his clothes and formed a fuse. Newbie returned with the bomb, and Jay put the fuse into it and placed it in front of the window
Jay: One thing you can count on the pirates, they never really plan things out. -He lights the fuse with his knife and flint and puts the flint in his pack, but keeps the knife out- We may want to back up a bit.
Jay: Ok Newbie, I need you to listen very carefully. If that bomb explodes, we need to run out quickly before they realize what happens. Follow me every step of the way and don't lag behind, understand? -Newbie nods rapidly, the adrenaline starting to kick in- Good. Cover your ears.
A rather small explosion created a small hole where the window was, and the duo ran out of the building, only to be partially surrounded by a few surprised pirates. They dash away from the building and pirates and head towards the inner part of the city, but are cut off by several pirates. They hid in a dark alleyway, and can hear shouting everywhere. Newbie spots a pathway that seems relatively clear of pirates and points it out to Jay. Uncertain where the pirates could be, they decide to follow that path, only to discover that it leads straight to a building with pirates swarming to their location. They quickly become surrounded with no way to escape...

Jaysers

I think with more time and (a lot) more revision, we could actually make something with these stories we're creating. Would be quite fun to do so I believe :P

Glenn

Me:  *while invisible in the tavern, listening to jay*
*thinks: hmm ,Dunkel, four members over here, and some people over  there talking about it, dunkel  is growing, we won't be able to handle this much assassins,  Our master needs to know about this!*
*I leave, and head back to our headquarters*
Me: Master, dunkel  has been recruiting lots of people, we need more help, we can't handle this anymore!
Wizard master: Yes, you are right, we will have to consult our crystal ball...
*Wizard master looks in his crystal ball, while saying a strange spell I've never heard before*
Wizard master: The crystal ball showed me a war, a big war, which will change life, for all people of Emperia, some sort of, Emperia war!
Me: And.. will we win?..
Wizard master: We will not know until it has happened, but I saw, that the assassins have destroyed a warehouse of the pirates...
Me: Master, this is great news! We should try and attack them now!
Wizard master: Attack the pirates, on their own land? Not very wise, not even with all our potions together! And by the way, the assassins might also want to attack us, no, we need to defend!
*Another wizard comes in*
Random wizard: Master, the guards stole most of our potions, and almost killed 3 of our own men!
Wizard master:  What?! We're defenseless without the potions, and we absolutely need everyone we have!
Me:  What  a disaster! We need to make new potions, but that'll take a long time, how long until the war?
Wizard master: 40, maybe 45 days to  go, I'll put a defensive spell over our quarters, so no one will be able to get in!
Me: But then we can't get out either!
Wizard master: That's true, but it's a risk we have to take...

I thought I'd have a go on the writing as well, so yeah, there ya have it! :P

Also, it might be a good idea, to put the server rule "Keepinventoryondeath" to true, this'd make it a lot easier, and maybe ya could make a redstone things which, when a player dies, clears their inventory( command blocks) This way other players won't get the stuff from killed players, and the killed player won't have a double set!

-Glenn
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Krawkyz

Captain: Status?
L. Captain Pirate: Aye, they be close.
Captain: I want you to navigate them into the building, as planned. Put some pirate guards there so they don't become wary, they'll knock 'em out (Aye, don't tell the guards that).
L. Captain Pirate: Aye, aye.
The Captain Pirate walks over to the back window to see the warehouse.
He looks down to see the two Assassins in a dark alley, moving ever so closer to the HQ.
Captain (to himself): Aye, they will be thinkin' the HQ is some decked-out place. Luckily, Kraw is usin' a rusty old shack for the HQ. Intelligent? Maybe.
An explosion is heard in the distance.
Pirate: Aye, they be explodin' things!
Captain looks at his communication device for a second.
Captain Pirate: Considering that they only exploded something once, I believe this be an accident. I certainly hope that won't hinder the plan further. Just to make sure, put some deckhands on guard on the secondary path. I be hopin' we don't have to resort to Plan C.

Kraw in a "rusty old shack."
Kraw (to himself): This isn't as rusty as I remembered it was. Good, they will know then there is a back entrance. Good thing it's blocked off. They'll have no choice but to go to my top floor and lock the door to the stairs.
Explosion is heard
Kraw (after a moment): One explosion? It's odd. I sure do hope that that won't hinder my plans.
Kraw (using a communication device): Aye, Captain, set Plan B into action, just in case. Hopefully that explosion was just an accident because of that newbie with the Assassin.
Captain: Aye.

Juwayyid

Me - "This is too early for war, much too early."

Old Mage - " You are correct.  You must put off this war as long as you can."

Me - "Me?  Old man, you are foolish!  I cannot waste my time with such actions!  These men, though noble and strong, are far below me!  I will give them but one warning to bring their altercations and deceptions to a hault!  If they fail to head to this warning, I will have to use the big one on them."

Old Mage - "Big one sir?"

I lead him to a spell book opened to an ancient curse."

Old Mage - "My...  That is a big one!"

Me - "that's what she said."

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

Juw: "Quite literally too. the archmage -rest her soul- she DID name it The Big One. Why she did so, I never knew why. However, there were some speculations that she was with our order founder the same night she named it.."