OLD - Survival Update *IMPORTANT*

Started by Skittlez, January 13, 2013, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skittlez

Right, so there have been a few updates to the server. So far:

-/back has been removed.

- Locks now cost $100 each. There is a full refund if you remove the lock.

- The no-pvp zone has been shrunk. It may or may not be "stripped" to add more danger zones.

- All protection blocks have been removed. We will be handing out 2 lapis stone protection blocks to those players who bought them previously. Simply ask for your 2 stones.

- The Protection Stones do not lock doors or chests. People can still get into your house, and kill you. It only protects you against grief.

- All accounts will be cancelled out. Everyone will be starting at $250.

- A "Bank" will be set up to which you can sell basic items to, and receive money. Everything else will be free-market based.

- In order to give everyone time to  re-adjust to the changes, no griefing or raiding is allowed. This rule will last for only 2 days, so please get your stones, and get everything in place. If you happen to find a build that has not been zoned, please DO NOT grief or raid it until the zone period ends (2 days- Tuesday 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time)

- Stone will be much more expensive now.
          Coal- $750
          Lapis- $1250
          Diamond- $1750.01

*Please note, everything here is still subjected to change*

Suggestions and reactions are welcomed. Actions in response to every suggestion are not guaranteed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Some other changes I missed:

- PVP is allowed within protection stone regions

- Mobs and animals can spawn within protection stone regions but creeper explosions will not damage the builds

- Players and regions will not be shown on the live map

- The cave view is removed from the live map

- The list of items that can be sold to the server with /sell will be restricted to raw materials. The rest will have to be sold/traded to other players. This list and their prices is currently being compiled.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Kenyor

This sounds pretty good too. I'll point out as well that if anyone starts bitching about losing their money I'm currently the second (I think) richest on the server and, looking at it objectively, it's fair to reset it.
EliteBuilder
I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

bren4q

Quote from: Hobbes on January 13, 2013, 09:03:51 PM
- All protection blocks have been removed. We will be handing out 2 lapis stone protection blocks to each player to begin with. Simply ask for your 2 stones.
Question I forgot to raise last night - are we only doing this for existing players who have already started? I don't think new players from this point forward should get free stones.

Some other changes missed by Skittlez:

• PVP is allowed within protection stone regions
  • Mobs and animals can spawn within protection stone regions but creeper explosions will not damage the builds
  • Players and regions will not be shown on the live map
  • The cave view is removed from the live map
  • The list of items that can be sold to the server with /sell will be restricted to raw materials. The rest will have to be sold/traded to other players. This list and their prices is currently being compiled.
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

Kinda sucks that the world has now been zoned to for players to be within a certain area. But in a way, we don't have much that goes on in the survival server, so yeah, the zone maybe good. But only question is, if the Survival server grows, will the border line be extended?

bren4q

The area that people can build in is huge. I honestly don't think it will ever be filled.

Yes, the border can easily be extended in the future.
Surplus to requirements

Glenn

Quote from: Hobbes on January 13, 2013, 09:03:51 PM
- All protection blocks have been removed. We will be handing out 2 lapis stone protection blocks to each player to begin with. Simply ask for your 2 stones.

- Stone will be much more expensive now.
          Coal- $750
          Lapis- $1250
          Diamond- $1750.01

Well, this'll mean A huge box for me, I mean, I've built things in quite a big place, wich I'll now have to kill, to make it onto a 20x10 space  (used to be around 60x60) This is simply impossible and Means we'll have to totally start over.

Also, since I haven't been able to get on yesterday, and the passed night, I have not been able to change anything, can the time please be extended for one more day?
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

bren4q

Lapis protects 20x20x20, so two lapis will cover an area 40 wide.

If you still want an extra stone but don't have enough money for it, you could buy one at a loan if you prefer.
For example, your balance will be $250. Another lapis will cost $1250. Ask some admin and they will sell you the stone and your balance will go to -1000.

As you make money from selling stuff your negative balance will get back to $0 and then back into positive amounts.
Surplus to requirements

Saracalia

Well then, I can't wait to jump back on the survival server.

Glenn

Heh, I can't wait eather, I just did a bit of math, and here's what I get out of it:

Our area existed out of 6 diamond blocks, wich we placed squarish, we'll need 9 of these blocks, to get what we need protected: 9 diamond blocks, I say, but we already get 6 lapis ones (nicky, me and quimby), wich are 1/4 of a diamond one, so, we need 2 more lapis blocks, and 7 more diamond ones, let's get that all in numbers.

2 lapis: 1250+1250=2500
7 diamond blocks : 1750.01+1750.01+1750.01+1750.01+1750.01+1750.01+1750.01= 12250.07

In total that means: 2500 + 12250.07= 9750.07, this is the money needed for our land.

But we're with three, so 9750.07 / 3 = 3250.0233..

But, these are numbers, in reality, we have to do our starting money - the needed money for protection.

Wich is 250 - 3250.0233..  = -3000.0233..

So, Nicky, Quimby and I will have to start our journey on the server with -3000.0233.. Moneys, we'll need a lot of shops to get that back up to 0  :-\
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

bren4q

You'll be paying off that mortgage until you're 80 years old. Welcome to the Irish economy  ;)

But seriously, as regards your existing builds, we'll try and accommodate the stuff that you have made so far to make sure it has some form of protection. That might be a negative balance, or a loan of a stone, or a temporary WorldGuard region... we'll work something out.
Surplus to requirements

Krawkyz

Requesting another day of protection - the survival server was down for the majority of yesterday. Technically we've only had 1 day to do it.

Skittlez

Quote from: Krawkyz on January 14, 2013, 08:26:38 PM
Requesting another day of protection - the survival server was down for the majority of yesterday. Technically we've only had 1 day to do it.

Protection is up until Wednesday. You still have all of Tuesday, up until 11:59:59 PM- Eastern Time. That's 1 second before Wednesday.

Krawkyz

Quote from: Hobbes on January 14, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
Protection is up until Wednesday. You still have all of Tuesday, up until 11:59:59 PM- Eastern Time. That's 1 second before Wednesday.
Could you please answer my question?

Skittlez

Quote from: Krawkyz on January 14, 2013, 10:36:45 PM
Quote from: Hobbes on January 14, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
Could you please answer my question?

No, there is no visible reason to extend the current deadline. There is still plenty of time- all of tomorrow. If tomorrow evening there will be any observable urgency, then the deadline will be extended.

Krawkyz

Oh woops, I misread the text. Sorry about that.