New Name!

Started by Skittlez, November 06, 2011, 11:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skittlez

Welcome former PK-ers! We are not down, we have only just begun! We, as of this moment, remain nameless, and require your help to pick a new name. Above is a set of ten (10) suggested names, and we ask you to pick three (3). This should thin out the options, and in the next vote we should determine our final name. But if none of the names are to your satisfaction, suggestions for other names are welcome! If there is an overwhelming amount of suggestions, we will start a new vote. Thank you for your participation! ;D
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

gaminguru

What does ASAP stand for?

McG

Nothing really, it mainly started as a joke.  I was mentioning that we need to have our name changed ASAP, to which someone said "ASAP?  Sounds like a great name"  :-P

Could really mean anything we want it to.  The first thing I came up with was "A simple, amicable place" but it could really be anything.

McG.
Howdy, I'm McG.  Musician/producer, competitive sailor, avid Minecrafter.

Check out my SC page!  If you like what you hear I might be releasing downloads soon.

gaminguru

Ok well tbh none of these names really catch my eye, so I'll see if I can come up with anything else.

McG

Sounds good.  Please reply with any good ideas you have as a reply to this post.

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that power does not want us using PK/P/K/PKS/Power/Krew/etc. so please leave the PK acronym out of this.  Also, since we are a gaming group, not just minecraft, try your best to not have something ending with -craft or -build or similar.

One last thing - skittlez, there should be one vote for ASAP servers - I guess I didn't click it or something.

McG.

Check out my SC page!  If you like what you hear I might be releasing downloads soon.

findena

I personally think that we are so used to Pk in the name, that we should keep the Pk in it.
Just so, that people that have not been on in forever and a day, shall find the server easily.

Maybe make the PK stand for something else.

What do you guys think?

Skitty

ufortunatly power has requested that we do not use pk at all

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

McG

See my previous post, findena.  We can't use anything with PK in the name or derivatives.

McG.

bren4q

We should scrap this poll until we have at least got some good names suggested. Then we can whittle down the list to the best 10 or so. Then we can run a poll.

The term "PowerKrew" is what PowerHouse asked to be removed. If we decide to use a group name like "Ponies & Kittehs" then naturally we would keep using the PK acronym. It would just be coincidence that its the same as before.
Surplus to requirements

findena

Quote from: bren4q on November 06, 2011, 11:46:54 AM
We should scrap this poll until we have at least got some good names suggested. Then we can whittle down the list to the best 10 or so. Then we can run a poll.

The term "PowerKrew" is what PowerHouse asked to be removed. If we decide to use a group name like "Ponies & Kittehs" then naturally we would keep using the PK acronym. It would just be coincidence that its the same as before.

Bren, You and I are on the same page here. Are you now a physic? :o

Saracalia

Well, can't wait to see what the votes come in as?

Skittlez

Yea, I have been informed that the choices here aren't that great, so the pole is locked for now, and we are coming up with new possible names. Please, suggestions are highly encouraged!
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

fyi Skittlez:
A "poll" is what voters use
A "pole" is what strippers use
Good day to you.
Surplus to requirements

gaminguru

Are you claiming voters cannot use poles and strippers cannot use polls bren?

bren4q

Of course not. I regularly see strippers working their thang down at the polling stations around election time. They bring you into those little booths for a "private vote".
Surplus to requirements