IS Promo Reel WiP

Started by Jahona, February 21, 2013, 10:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

I'm still fiddling with timing and I'm going to have to re shoot a couple of jerky scenes.
Comments and Critique Welcome.

http://youtu.be/1roEgllIXT4
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Kenyor

*cough* more of Kenyor's work *cough*
EliteBuilder
I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Emperor_Quimby

bren4q

Awesomesauce.

It really gives the servers a high quality appearance - impressive builds, smooth promo video. Has a nice polished feel to it. It had me thinking "Is there really all that cool stuff?"

They way the MWC logo gets built up with falling blocks is cool. Is that new or has that been used in previous videos?

As for feedback, the way the music was building, I kind of expected the last shot right at the end to focus in on something just as it faded out. Like a logo build or something particularly cool. Perhaps we could construct a monument to represent all of IS? A 3D version of the IS eye perhaps? But just something strong for the last fade of the clip.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

I have an ending plate that goes there that has MWC link, Website Link, and what not.  I'm still working on it.  Also the MWC blocks falling into place is new.  I feel it's a bit long winded so I'm shortening it from 12 seconds to about 8.

I'm also debating about changing the music.  Still would be epic.

I've got non for profit licenses for
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR5APJwPaxYJb3TVwiIilySUkmv99joKP
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEB32169AC91318A2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7B16C924C1FAD7BD
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

I wasn't too sure of the music at first but it grew on me as it played. I like it. Will check out the others as well.

If sticking with that particular music, I think a cut to an epic build is needed when the music kicks in at 0:21. At the moment it hits in the middle of a slow camera pan across the spawn town of Survival and doesn't really match the video.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Oh that's what I missed.  Originally the IS logo and MWC logo were together and that kick started right at the beginning of going into the builds.  I'll readjust it to fit better.

Juwayyid

As I said on the server earlier this morning, maybe a finally shot of as many members as we can gather together in front of another awesome build, all being active, humorous, or just awesome, could be cool.  And an ending logo as well.

I like the current music choice myself.  Rather grand and epic.

Maybe some quick shots of classic builds and such?  Can't really get too pretty on classic, but we do host them after all!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

winner321

Very epic indeed. Maybe you could add in some of Nicky's stuff like one of his stations or something? Or like the massive bridges. That would be really cool.
Thirty-six pages of unread messages.
Two hundred fifty-one unread emails.
Six hundred eighty unread spam emails.
Now what would you do about this?

Saracalia

Can you also add my channel to that, since I am sponsering IS with my project too.
Endermantel Videos

Also, that is a really great promo video, a few lag spikes, but it does inspire.

Krawkyz

...and not a single redstone was given

It's nice, the beginning needs some work, but otherwise, really shows off some nice builds.

Jahona

Saracalia

Man, my internet is being really slow today. It has been 10 minutes since I started loading it and it will only run for 1 second before it needs to buffer :(

Skittlez

It's freakin' awesome! Love it! Good job, Darth!
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Jaysers

Alright people, get on your youtube accounts and share the hell outta this.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."