Schematic availability

Started by McG, March 03, 2013, 01:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McG

Hi gang!  Long time no see.

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to grab some Retail-compatible schematics of a couple old maps (arena and gauntlet) from the classic servers.  I tried logging on to the classic servers this morning using various methods but didn't have any luck.  If there's any way I could get schematics to these, as I wanted to try some improvements with Minecraft proper (and worldedit), that would be fantabulous!

Looking forward to your replies,

McG
Howdy, I'm McG.  Musician/producer, competitive sailor, avid Minecrafter.

Check out my SC page!  If you like what you hear I might be releasing downloads soon.

Skitty

while i cannot get schematics that i know of unless bren knows a way. i can upload the the files to the server again. they where archived.

also to connect i would use the direct connect method.
http://insomniacservers.com/index.php/topic,487.0.html

that seems to be a sure fire way of getting it to work its a little extra work but it works.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Reichtmueller

direct connect method worked for me and I couldn't connect before thanks
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

bren4q

Classic maps don't come in schematics format. Closest you can get is .dat

- Log onto the classic server using WOM (you may need to use Direct Connect method or download the WOM addon LauncherX).
- Dump the map to .dat
- Use MCEdit to open the .dat version of the map and copy it to a retail world or save it as schematics from MCEdit if you can.
Surplus to requirements

McG

Just trying this now, it's hung on "Connecting.." though.  IS2.  Any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

Quick edit: IS1 works fine.
Edit 2: Said hi to skitty on is1.  Crashed, can't get back in; I'll presume he's updating.
Howdy, I'm McG.  Musician/producer, competitive sailor, avid Minecrafter.

Check out my SC page!  If you like what you hear I might be releasing downloads soon.

Skitty

try getting the salt or typing out the direcy connect cause its up still

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.