Problem: minecraft retail?

Started by Juwayyid, November 27, 2011, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

Hey, it's me Juwayyid, the coolest guy on the board!

So, I post all the information about the miners who craft server movie that me and a few others are making, and I still would like some more people to come by and help out! 

Problem is is that I think the name of the section all the posts are under is misleading.
For one it is called minecraft retail, which made me think store or buying.
Next, it is under a general chat, though I am the only one who posts there.
And lastly, it's under child boards, which is quite misleading and possibly avoided.

So I'm hoping maybe something down There can be renamed.  Maybe instead of minecraft retail it cab be called server projects and instead of general chat it can be broken down into MWC and any other projects also going on. 
I feel as if a change such as this will help with organization and awareness of the help I need.

And please, write a respOnse to the 2 parts of the storyline I have posted.  Anything heLps!l
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

Quote from: Juwayyid on November 27, 2011, 03:11:25 PM
Hey, it's me Juwayyid, the coolest guy on the board!

So, I post all the information about the miners who craft server movie that me and a few others are making, and I still would like some more people to come by and help out! 

Problem is is that I think the name of the section all the posts are under is misleading.
For one it is called minecraft retail, which made me think store or buying.
Next, it is under a general chat, though I am the only one who posts there.
And lastly, it's under child boards, which is quite misleading and possibly avoided.

So I'm hoping maybe something down There can be renamed.  Maybe instead of minecraft retail it cab be called server projects and instead of general chat it can be broken down into MWC and any other projects also going on. 
I feel as if a change such as this will help with organization and awareness of the help I need.

And please, write a respOnse to the 2 parts of the storyline I have posted.  Anything heLps!l
retail means buy. you buy the beta no?
come up with a name for that section then and i change it. if it works.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Juwayyid

Like I suggested in the post, Server Projects.  and then from there a general chat and maybe a separate MWC section.  then others who may be in need of help with a project can post it there!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

Quote from: Juwayyid on November 27, 2011, 05:23:44 PM
Like I suggested in the post, Server Projects.  and then from there a general chat and maybe a separate MWC section.  then others who may be in need of help with a project can post it there!
so what your saying is a subsection for the projects.

Juwayyid

I feel as though I always need to type this out 3 or 4 times before anyone actually gets what I am saying!!!  hahaha!!!

I said in the original post that the title, "Minecraft Retail" is a misleading title.  I feel as though nobody uses it, except for me.  I had to move all my MWC postings to it, and I keep asking for a lot of community responses and activity, yet nobody seems to read the posts. 

So I am asking that the "Minecraft Retail" title be changed to something else!  Nobody uses it to sell anything, so it is not necessary to use as a retail section.  So I suggested something like community projects!

Skitty

again i requestion you.
shall i make a new section called minecraft projects and rename retail to beta. OR change from retail to projects.  its not rocket science nor is it hard to understand.

Juwayyid

As I had stated in the original post...

Rename retail to projects.  You're right, this isn't rocket science!

Skitty

since you lacked the ability to state that without a long winded speech that really was unneeded. i asked in simpler terms.
i will change the name of that board to minecraft projects, and remove the general sub-board
i will also be making a feedback board so you can place your suggestions and/or complaints about everything there.

bren4q

Uhm. Now there is nowhere to discuss Minecraft Retail/Beta/Full (whatever its officially called). We just have something called Projects?

Where do people post questions about Minecraft?
Where do people post news about upcoming updates?
Where do people post requests for plugins?
Where do people post random videos/info about Minecraft?
etc.

"Projects" is a small part of a much wider range of topics.
We need to re-think and reorganize these sections.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

i was hoping juw would realize that issue but as long as he got what he wanted i dont think it concerned him.
that board is active now