The end of the creative server? (Need title)

Started by Juwayyid, March 22, 2013, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

Well, thanks to Emperor and Wills over at "Chestplounders," we now have what we think is a very good idea for the creative server adventure film.  Lets get right to it.

So out story begins with our creative server.  Players fly around, building and playing.  We see Bren building a castle when suddenly the message "game mode changed to 0" appears and Bren falls from the sky.  Every player drops from the sky.  Some die on impact, others survive.  Bren survives too and gets up and examines the world.  He calls for all players to come to his castle.

So there is some machine somewhere keeping the world in survival mode.  Nobody knows where it is or who did it.  Until the machine is shut down, everyone will be stuck on survival.

So # years go by.  People still in survival.  Most live under Bren's reign, houses and such around his castle now.  There are 2 causal events that are possible now. 

1. A stranger, weak and hurting, shows up at Bren's castle with a clue to start the adventure of finding the machine...

Or

2. Some tragic begins to happen, like the void starts to eat the world or chunks stop loading or something that forces everyone to start the adventure to find the machine.

Whichever happens, the members begin the clue hunt and must fight through old, forgotten creative builds that may be filled with traps and such to make their was to the machine. 

Now, that's the basic idea.  A few things to mention here would be;

• our members will be in a medieval theme, all with certain "roles" within the kingdom.

• who ever is the bad guy to make the machine has not been decided.  Perhaps the machine was just built by mistake by some unknowing member.

•players will become obstacles along the way, being tempted by things found in old creative builds.

• if your character is decided to be killed, do not whine or complain.  We need full cooperation.  You will still be able to act, but in the story you will be dead.

So, lets make this a story guys.  As always, full community participation requested and appreciated!  Lets make this something epic!

(This is just the planning phase, we have other things to shoot first!)
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

whyitell

This seems really cool, Its ashame the creative server isn't cracked anymore.  :'(

[/url]

sifitis

Ive built several machines on the creative server that do exactly what juw is describing (albeit I nerfed them to a range of 50 blocks), so I would make a perfect bad guy! (that way its based on a true story!).  I reccomend that Im the antagonist, but play along with the good guys- sorta a betrayal thing later on. Would make a great plot twist.

As for the start of the adventure, I think that a total meltdown of server physics would be cool, but its less realistic.  Be that as it may, I like it, and think it could make for some fun, suspenseful scenes.

--I love the idea, I wanna be a secret bad guy, and we should totally go with a void-eats-world quest intiation.

whyitell

[/url]

Juwayyid

Yeah sif, now that I'm thinking about it, as the players are on their quest, bandit can start to notice things about the bad guy, like how similar his redstone technique is identical to sif's.  then, when the time comes when sif is exposed, bandit may or may not stand by sif's side as they are friends.  But who knows!

So sif, if you are the bad guy, why have you done it?  Why terrorize the server?!?!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Glenn

'Aight, here's a little list we've worked on, I think it has all (retail) players on it, and gave most of them a fitting role, sorry to ppl who are villagers, or who don't like their role, changes can be made!

So, whatcha all think?
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

whyitell

I think he should have been demoted but acted as if he didn't care. But he really wants to reek havok to the server and all the players. Like my idea?

[/url]

Juwayyid

Hey hey, that can work!  We will need to introduce that in the beginning though, and maybe set up other suspicious characters with motives as well!!

Glenn

Well, after a lot of thinking and fiddling around with roles, we came up with this!

Explenation;
Red: Bad guys, obstacles, could've added sif but he isn't evil yet!
Blue: Ye Pirates
Gray: Bren's Kingdom/Emperia
Green: Resistance.
Brown: People who live on their own, who don't have a lot of contact with the outside world.

Some character explenation+ideas then!

Darthjahona; Once a great admin, but when he had to survive without his powers, he went mad, and left, to go and live in his mansion.

Maznis; A robot, built to protect the machine when there was danger.

Quimby; Had his Emperia already, where he lived for a very long time, without contact to bren's kingdom, A lost emperium , you could say.

Bren: As described by juw, starts to run the kingdom

Skittlez; Bren's advisor, a not-so-trustworthy advisor, who gives important information to sifitis

The resistance: , a group of people who want to live by their own rules, they are mostly hunters, but they do rob people bypassing in their forest, they've heard of this machine, and also heard of the core it has inside, a block, so precious, that nobody has ever pu a price on it.

Skitty; Inn keeper of "The Insomniac", he lives in the forest, and knows the resistance very well, the resistance comes together in his inn every now and then, and a while back, a mysterious man talked to them, skitty wonders what he was saying.

Butler and sif; Wizards first class, using the best rank of redpowerage, unlike the other citizens of the woods, they live totaly out of the way of everything, consentrating on the magic, but butler rematks that sif leaves on a regular basis, to talk to someone, known in his agende as "Sap"(Skittlezandpron), and not only that, but his redstoneing seems to be similar to the redstoneing of the villain, will butler ask sif for the truth? Sif say the truth? Will butler choose sif's side, will they betray eachother, or will they duel to the death?!

Sidenot; Citizens plugin: When we're gona shoot this, we'll need way more ppl then only the insomniacs, the only possible way to do this, will be using the citizens plugin, altough I was not really a fan of it, I've looked into it, and it really seems to be the best way of going about this.

I hope you guys like this, all feedback is welcome!

*noe, I'm very sore for the spelling faults, but I'm too tired to get them all out =.=
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Juwayyid

Well, sif is going to be one of the bad guys, so that needs to be added.

As it is, I'm not a big fan of the resistance story line.  For one, if destroying the machine means getting creative mode back, shouldn't they turn off the machine anyway and the stone would lose its value?  I think they need some work in their story, and I don't think the term resistance is good.  They shouldn't be resisting as they are simply living on their own.  Nothing to resist.

I like the idea of a forgotten emperor too.  Maybe they find him and his town is falling apart and he has gone mad with power?  Becomes a force to fight against!

And maybe, because you hinted at it, skittlez will at one point in the journey try to sabatage the group as he feels he is stronger and more powerful in survival than creative.

Good start fellas, this is going to be fun.

Krawkyz

Also, the pirates should be a plot hole/twist. Kraw should be the mastermind, obviously.  ;)

Glenn

@juw: "the resistance" was freely translated from dutch, just like the whole serie/movie, it's in need of a name, as for it's story, also, maybe the machine was able to create a certain item instead, for wich they don't want it to be destroyed?
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!

Juwayyid

Alright, lets see...

Pirates don't believe the server can be helped, so they will try and loot the heroes for whatever they can and they strive to get what they want.  We can wind up on the boats and find...  TAVERNI?!?!

Skloosh

a title i thought up not that great but whatever

The Mortal Treachery

I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

sifitis

so, what have we decided for a start to the quest?

Maybe the prolongued survival has somehow corrupted the server, and the blocks are slowly vanishing?  Or in an attempt to "wipe the slate clean", our villain build a second machine to destroy the world?