The end of the creative server? (Need title)

Started by Juwayyid, March 22, 2013, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

I like it Emperor!  And I like the material you sent me Krawk!  I will begin compiling everything as soon as I get the chance!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

sifitis

hmm, how to incorporate kraws work...

How bout this:

My stuff followed by kraw's stuff with a potential character change (since I dont belong on a boat) and instead of there being nothing, the nearby cliffside is rippling in and out of existance (I can probably do it with a little texturepack magic, and the new animation support will help a ton in 1.5).

sifitis

well, juw, I made a few phasey texture types that you might be interested in.  Yay 1.5 animations!

Juwayyid

Sweet, you can send the file over to me whenever you can, I can't wait to check them out!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

sifitis

so I was thinking.  The server corruption should start out small.  I figure it would be a nice, smooth, easy transition into complete oblivion for our beloved world. So:

Stage 1:  This is when our heros first notice a problem.  Small things are going wrong, such as flowers flickering colors, or wheat changing height. Enough to be alarming, but not dangerous...yet.

Stage 2:  This will occur after their adventure has begun.  This is when small things are no longer harmless.  Our characters may be in a duel when all their weapons turn into eggs and redstone, or water turns into lava!

Stage 3:  This is nearing the end of our adventure.  The world is beginning to unravel completely (represented by a static-type transparency in the land) and mobs are no longer stable (for example, a pig may suddenly grow a creeper head that will melt into a skeleton and back, but only if I can get that to work :)).

Stage 4:  At the very climax, there is no longer any sky, and light is generated only by artifical means.  The ground itself is barely existant, and our heros are now forced to run across a sliver of land barely wide enough for them to get  to the machine.

This is just an idea of what Im shooting for with the texture pack.  If anyone has any ideas for what should go "wrong", please post them!

So far:

Stage 1:
Pumpkins have faces on all four sides that rotate around the outside of the pumpkin.
Flowers flicker colors.
A fun scene where a diamond block turns into coal
Full grown wheat flickers in age

Stage 2:
N/a

Stage 3:
Ground becomes static-y and phasey (at best)

Stage 4:
N/a

(I need to work on it still)

Krawkyz

I've been PMing Juw scripts that may be possible, and maybe this could be used as a concept idea for a great many flashbacks, sif.

Emperor_Quimby

Don't forget that animals can talk or act like humans, you know, doom signs.
And trees growing downwards, villagers stealing from you, iron golems agressiv, water going vertical, doors turned around, silverfish eating himself, food is running, hungry animal hordes running over the country without caring on what they hit.

and the classic one: raining with frogs

sifitis

Juwayyid

Timeline of points – fill in the space between

Flying around, having fun

Everyone drops

Bren called everyone to kingdom

Some don't go, form other kingdoms(skitty sanctuary of peace, Quimby lonely kingdom)

In kingdom, Bren self-declared king, not many argue

Years go by, nobody knows why we are living like this, but now times are tough.  Bren rich, Skittlez as his advisor.

People leave kingdom from time to time.  Live on own

Blocks begin to get glitch, fuzzy.  World falling apart. World not meant to handle long term stability.  Needs recreation or something

Someone reports it, ignites the players on their mission to save the world, stop whatever is causing us to stay in survival.

Meet people along the way, get sidetracked, (bren kingdom falls to void eventually?  Who knows!)

Players split up, for other groups, becomes epic long term clue hunt/adventure.
So, we need to fill in this bit.  Ill get to writing the actual opening, but lets decide now on final roles so we can get writing.

Also, DO NOT WHINE OR FRET OVER THE CHARACTER WE MAKE YOU INTO.  IF WE DO SOMETHING YOU DO NOT LIKE, WE ARE OPEN TO CHANGE IT UNLESS IT DIRECTLY REFLECTS A PLAYER IN EVERYONE ELS'S EYES OR JUST MAKES FOR GOOD WRITING!
The characters are supposed to somewhat carry over who we are in game, so we will make it as accurate as possible.  But again, if the writing calls for your death or raping at a particular moment, we will all have to learn to DEAL WITH IT.  (Trust me, I'll kill myself off if I need to!)

Anyway, get the ideas flowing and absolutely anything you come up with post about it here.  This is where we can save any and all ideas, so use it!

Juwayyid

Krawkyz wrote a very well done drama for this film that I believe has elements we must incorporate into the film when the time comes.

In summary, Bandit and Sifitis sail upon an island, get shipwrecked, then captured by a crew of Juwayyid Thrash and Krawkyz.  Meanwhile all these characters are being looked for by the high and mighty Bren back at his kingdom.  Bren's royal knights are Jaysers and Thealex.  Jay is in contact with Krawk, going behind the kingdom's back. 

There are some very strong elements of a separation that definitely needs carrying over into the final draft of the story.  I am not so sure that what Krawk wrote can fit in as we don't have anything written just yet, but nonetheless it can be used.  Just rearranged probably.

The Zombie Film should be completed this weekend, so lets be sure to have the next project ready for shooting.  It's time we really got into this thing guys.  Let's get writing!

Jaysers

So either I'm a corrupt knight or this was a planned capture? Sounds interesting in either scenario
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Juwayyid

Hmph.

What I think we should do here is define the groups of players where they stand and who they are as the story begins (after years of survival mode)

We need motives and histories as how each group came to be and their relationships to other groups and individuals.  Lets keep these as believable as we can.  In other words, keep in mind that these characters are ourselves, so these groups and such would be formed by similar opinions and values.  The events of  late may help with a few.

Emperor_Quimby

Let's me get this straight, a story how I meet Insomiac or how I got here?

Kidd2000

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on April 20, 2013, 09:20:26 AM
Let's me get this straight, a story how I meet Insomniac or how I got here?

He means character meat. Like the characters in the movie, who are they, how do they stand against problems, blah blah blah. Not you nor I. But the characters.

Anyways, I was thinking of ideas on how this thingy could start (plot wise). I'm pictureing this event sorta like a post-apocalyptic scenario. Why? Well you were in a civil greif free zome that can make anything and could make wonder machines. In survival, groups can fight over these machines and buildings.

Plot line?
Back story of Creative->Something happens->People fight/destroy/survive->Something happens again->The fighting clans join together to stop the impending doom of no server serving->stop it->Everyone is happy

Now what seems like a great idea would be the fact that their savage world is being lost to a glitch...or 0. Why zero? Well, I'm watching a group called numberphile explaining the number zero. A great question came up "What does the calculator do when you divide by zero?" Now, everytime the word calculator comes to mind, kraws and thrash giant ass calculator.

So after the introduction of characters/clans/backstory of creative and post creative. You can start with a few looters traveling the borders of the server. They found a glowing hole containing vast amounts of redstone technology. It would be thrashes and kraws secret redstone area. They had it on the border for fear they'd be griefed or messed with. (since these machines would take days tto make (with thier kind of work ethic (speaking for thrash(kinda kraw(mostly thrash)))))

Its A Giant Ass Calculator. That's the name: The A Giant Ass Calculator

with some buttons missing-and signs too, one of the looters messed with it dividing by 0. The area shakes and begins to collapse in on itself. The frightened looters try to run but activate traps. Gravel falls and lava enters the area. (thrash doesn't like anyone stealing their plans.) You can decide whether or not to keep one alive but 2 are defiantly gone.

Now that's my idea of a scene and reason. Now this wont be a spoiler, since we're after a movie with anything but mystery. The characters dont know what happened so its all cool. (This technique is called something that has irony in it. Me forgets it.)

Emperor_Quimby

Well my character have always been this lonely, crazy, tax mad Emperor. I guss once or twice I took my blimp to the spawnpoint to see how everyone was going, and being social and all that. Then when things goes crazy Quimby goes crazy too, in fear to lose his kingdom again. Backstory: I have lost my buildings in more servers couse the map got deleted or grief. This makes quimby lock himself inside emperia and make iron golems to gaurd.