The end of the creative server? (Need title)

Started by Juwayyid, March 22, 2013, 02:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

It'll be like, expect f-bomb every sentence dark and grimy.  The opening shot is Maznis taking an arrow between the eyes.  Bren orders everyone in his kingdom, who are suffering slaves, to go out and kill anyone outside the walls.

Nearly all insomnia dies, then the remaining slaves outside the wall kill each other, dreading returning to the kingdom.

Many starve to death and many are killed for materials.  When a player dies their dropped items are fought over and ripped apart.

The wold is a black and savage place.  No signs of hope, no signs of light.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Glenn

Quote from: Juwayyid on April 23, 2013, 08:30:23 AM
It'll be like, expect f-bomb every sentence dark and grimy.  The opening shot is Maznis taking an arrow between the eyes.  Bren orders everyone in his kingdom, who are suffering slaves, to go out and kill anyone outside the walls.

Nearly all insomnia dies, then the remaining slaves outside the wall kill each other, dreading returning to the kingdom.

Many starve to death and many are killed for materials.  When a player dies their dropped items are fought over and ripped apart.

The wold is a black and savage place.  No signs of hope, no signs of light.
Lolz good one :D
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Juwayyid

Hah, yea.  For some reason a few players seem to think this film is going to be down in the dirt dark and cynical.

Just to clear things up again, we are working on an epic tale here.  There will be elements of dark and horror, as well as comedy and light.  The film overall will be a drama. 

Look at Pirates of the Caribbean.  Its a dark tale and a drama.  But it is funny and a good adventure.  Same with something like Lord of the Rings.  It's dark, but amazing to watch.  Sure, you don't really care for any of the characters, but its a fun ride.  That's pretty much what we are going for.

Only, any one character can die at any moment, kinda like walking dead.  But this doesn't mean we can't have fun.  It's minecraft after all.  Plus, these characters are ourselves, and not one of us is dark and serious like. 

Do not fret all you doubters of the dark film.  This film will probably be similar to BOL in style, yet, obviously, more enhanced.  We have come along way since the BOL days.

And here is a quick segment of the initial opening to the film.

Fade In:

A strange, shadowy structure.  Night time.  Two torch lights heading towards it. 

Ejay and Jwirth approach it, sneakily.  A strange sound emits from within the structure.

Ejay and Jwirth move in for a closer look.  They stop dead in their tracks as they see what is going on.  (The camera wont see it)

Ejay gets upset at what he sees and gets out into the open, aggressively approaching whoever is inside.

Ejay- "Hey!  What the hell do you think you are doing!?!?  This is greif!"

Suddenly a blasy of light emits from the structure.  Ejay falls back and is slightly glowing.  He turns and looks back at Jwirth, terrified.

Slowly, Ejay crumbles into dust, eyes focused on Jwirth.  Jwirth freaks out and turns from the cave.

Jwirth jumps into the air and begins to fly away when he suddenly drops from the sky, hitting the ground hard.

He attempts another jump or two, but with no success.  He runs behind a hill outside the structure as it emits a terrible sound.

Jwirth - "What's going on!?!? I can't fly!  And...  Ejay..."

Camera pans up into the sky, comes back down on a new location.

Bren is in view, building a kingdom.  The castle is half built, along with a half built city.  Many players fly around helping out.

A scream echoes over some hills and all turn to see players dropping like flies, as if a shockwave is making them drop in a row.

Players hit the ground.  Some die.  Some just take damage.  Bren himself falls.

As players grab a hold of themselves and the situation, Bren scans the area, then climbs up into a finished tower.

He comes to the edge of the tower and calls to the people.

Bren (In whatever voice Bren has) - People!  People!  Calm down.  Who has done this to our server?

Nobody responds, players begin to gather below him.

Bren - Who has changed our gamemode to survival?  Something is stopping me from changing it back.  Tell me, who is responsible?

Nobody responds.

Bren - Very well then.  Until someone steps forward none of you are allowed to leave this area.  In fact, you now get to build this castle in survival mode.  Until one of you steps forward, this is your punishment.

The group is a bit taken aback.

Butlerbandit in the crowd steps forward

Bandit - Bren.  Whose to say it was any of us who did it?  I mean, the server is a big place.  Not everyone is here right now.

Bren considers his point.

Bren - Right.  I'll send out a server message.  All will report here.  Until we get any remaining players here, you will build this kingdom. 

Bren turns back and out of sight up in the tower.  The group stands staring at one another for a moment, and then wanders off in their own directions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bren walks to the entrance of the kingdom and begins to give a server wide broadcast.  However, when the broadcast is given, Bren feels a surge of pain.  His head spins and he blacks out.  The message is sent, but Bren goes unconscious.  The command was too much for him.

Years pass, yadda yadda yadda, then the end.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Kidd2000

If bren is in survival himself, the community could just mutiny and kill him. Why do they need to follow his rules? What does he have that the others don't? What about tab? Then make a list of peeps and track the ones who are not there. No one will follow brens message if they did it.

Juwayyid

One, we all respect Bren and see him as a leader as it is now, so what would cause that to change?

Two, its a bizzare occurrence and people are confused.  Looking to the server hoster for safe guard is expected.

Those who don't return to the kingdom remain unknown in the larger world.

Emperor_Quimby

Excellent! Love the mix and the script soo far!

Skloosh

lol this should be a continuation of "the insomiac server 1 year anniversary" Video on the insomniac channel
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

sifitis

Hmm, I donno, I like the original intro bit with Ejay and jwirth, but bren seems a bit too mean in that second part.  Maybe tone down or remove the whole "punishment" part.

Juwayyid

Yea, that does sound too mean.

Maybe something like, "we can build this castle to occupy our time until we get this settled."  Simpler, less demanding.

Skloosh

I thought I should post this back when I thought this was a more dark themed story wrote down some ideas I however stopped working on it when I found out that it was lighter than expected so yeah here's a rough copy of what I wrote down

Using Hunger as a plot device? ( such as one player attacking another for steak or even rotten flesh )

Perhaps more Female Characters? ( just cuz we have nanerz and thats like it... also sexy teimz )

5 BlackHand Members? ( elderscrolls reference, also it makes more sense, you know 4 fingers and a thumb )

Bren being like King Logan from Fable 3? ( Doing bad things for good reasons and the best intrest of his people )

Who's our loyalist character? ( a character who will remain loyal to a person/kingdom no matter what, but is then betrayed by said person/kingdom and goes on a spiritual journey to set his/her mind straight )

Insane character whos utterly unpredictable? ( or having the insanity spread out over the characters to make up for a single insane character like each character has a irrational problem )

Heir to the throne Brens son/daughter? ( who overthrows him? )

the Shadow help character? ( a character who is unknown to the main cast but is secretly helping them, perhaps while this character is tending the wounds of one of the main cast someone walks in on him/her and they end up discovering him/her who explains him/her self, perhaps this character is from an ancient order of assassins or spys or maybe a rouge member of a cult that's seeking the end of the creative server )

Jaysers as our Leader type character?

Maznis as the Heir?

Jaysers

.. What? Me.? Leader..? Uhh... Jaysers + leader does not bode well in the same sentence. You might as well give an 8 year old a button that ends worlds.

I'd rather be the extreme loyalist character who has to go on a spiritual journey to find oneself's part in the world. Reminds me a lot of Riven and her lore in League of Legends (who is also one of my favorite champions :D).
Her lore can be read here if anyone's curious. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Riven/Background

In fact, after reading all of the champions' lore in League of Legends, I can't help but to connect some of the parts you wrote down to some of the lore.
For example, Bren and his action of "doing bad things for the best of the people" can be altered into Bren being extremely strict in his ruling. He becomes a tyrant who sacrifices people's individuality and freedom for the sake of a false sense of safety and order.

I have about 20 other things going through my mind right now but I can't exactly pinpoint what is what.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

bren4q

Next chapter.
Bren disconnects and is never seen again.
Surplus to requirements

Skloosh

Quote from: bren4q on April 29, 2013, 04:42:32 AM
Next chapter.

with the absence of the only one who he fears krawkyz conquers creative, trolling everything in his path...

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Skloosh on April 29, 2013, 05:04:17 AM
Quote from: bren4q on April 29, 2013, 04:42:32 AM
Next chapter.

with the absence of the only one who he fears krawkyz conquers creative, trolling everything in his path...

JAMES! release the hounds, we ar going for a troll hunt this afternoon.