Having Login trouble

Started by Kepano24, April 06, 2013, 09:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skittlez

Quote from: Juwayyid on April 06, 2013, 11:32:36 PM
Being on the verge of a punishment is really enough to wake someone up to the dangers of what they have done and stop them from doing it again.

While I see your point, that stops being true when admins don't ever actually punish anybody. After that, it's expected, and it loses its effect. We've faaaar passed that point.

QuoteHe is ... someone you can trust.
|
                    V
QuoteHe claimed to not know what he did was wrong, which is hard to believe.

Erm...
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

bren4q

Yet again you guys fail to see the bigger picture. Nor do you take into account all parties involved, including those who willfully handled stolen property.

Unfortunately there is no solution to untraceable items that could cause a catastrophic imbalance in the economy.  Complete server rest is 1 option.
Another less severe measure would be to ensure that the same perpetrator never causes the same problem again (aka perma-ban) and to reset any players suspected of receiving illegal items to 0.

But I doubt either of these will be favoured,.
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

Quote from: bren4q on April 06, 2013, 11:49:43 PM
But I doubt either of these will be favoured,.

Ya gotta admit, that is a bit... harsh. Perhaps there is a mid point?
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

BananaSquats

You could try an get any players that received them to cough up the goods. That could be an option.

Krawkyz

Quote from: BananaSquats on April 07, 2013, 12:00:05 AM
You could try an get any players that received them to cough up the goods. That could be an option.
I doubt the admins will trust the community.

Butlerbandit

Quote from: bren4q on April 06, 2013, 11:05:31 PM
There are 2 people on IS that I trust with creative mode - Sifitis and Butlerbandit.
I'm flattered  :)
Held Together by Duct Tape

Jahona

Quote from: BananaSquats on April 07, 2013, 12:00:05 AM

It's been to long since then.  Players probably already used the items or won't give them up.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

BananaSquats

Well, I am willing to give mine up, since Kepano** only gave us two. I'll have to wait for pusur to come back on to give them back, though. We are currently using them, but in this case, they are illegal items and we do not own them (technically). But an entire server reset is kind of out there. As for perma-ban? Sounds like a better choice rather than the latter.

Juwayyid

There is not an easy way to come from this.  A map reset will only upset players further.  Damage was done.  Today we may have had 7 or 8 new players log into the server.  For us long standing members, we have screwed up.  So let us be the screw ups.  These new players are starting out on a fresh map (in their eyes) and have no opportunity to cheat in the ways the long standing members have. 

Things will balance out again.  And there is this to consider.  Those playing and being active on the server are not complaining.  They don't feel cheated nor at a loss.  What was done is bad, but the players who would be affected are not feeling affected.  Maybe in the long line of things they are, but unless the community playing and using the game are complaining over something, there isn't too much of a problem.  Those who matter, who are the ones in game will continue to lie and cheat, as is the nature of a server like this.  It is competitive and you need to be at the top to survive and we can't help but do what we can to be there.

Avoid all this?  Loose PVP, loose griefing.  Then we have no real need for protection stones and then players can use their money for blocks and such.  With more money available and more focus on building rather than being on top, we wont have many problems.

The root of all the drama we have had is the server.  It's competitive and it gets to player's heads.  If we really want to change this, change the way the server drama keeps popping up, we need to change the way the server works.  We have discussed this before and turned it away.  But obviously things are not working.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

pusur44017

Quote from: Kepano24 on April 06, 2013, 09:01:33 PM
If i go thru mc patcher to start MC i get bad login when trying to join the survival server....if i got thru the regular game interface i get banned : hacked items.....    which i know isnt right seeing as ive nvr hacked anygame ever  so i dunno wats goin on

This does not sound like Kepano at all. he does not use: nvr, wats and goin, aswell as he would have correct grammar and punctation.

As for the diamond haced ores, we got them long ago, so as bren said, all the stuff was stashed in the last 24h. but if they are hacked I will give sure give them back.

-pusur

bren4q

Quote from: Juwayyid on April 07, 2013, 01:20:01 AM
Those playing and being active on the server are not complaining.  They don't feel cheated nor at a loss.  What was done is bad, but the players who would be affected are not feeling affected. 
I play on the server. I feel cheated. I'm guessing I'm one of the few people that didn't get a free handout then. I'm sure the others who didn't get free stuff will also feel affected once they find out.
Surplus to requirements

BananaSquats

Pusur does have a point here. Wouldn't Kepano be typing differently? Last time I remember he uses correct grammar and spelling like most of us do...

Jahona

It's really Kepano24 not someone else. He messaged me about this on battle log.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: bren4q on April 07, 2013, 10:46:32 AM
I play on the server. I feel cheated. I'm guessing I'm one of the few people that didn't get a free handout then. I'm sure the others who didn't get free stuff will also feel affected once they find out.

Now I'm maybe just the one who dosn't give a fuck whats happening on survival,
But I look on it like this: If someboy have stolen/hidden loot on them, you can get your fingers on it too. As long as grief and raiding is allowed, the hidden loot is so much as yours as it is to the owners of it. Sure there may be blocks and such which is already placed, but that's not something a minecraft cannon can't fix.

Just saying the loot still exsist in the system. When glenn and I started we got some good stuff from kid and haze, like 2 stacks of TNT and diamonds.