(Make your own) Story!

Started by Jaysers, April 24, 2013, 03:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaysers

As you may or may not be aware, a few people seem to enjoy the process of creative story-creation/character-development . Myself being one of them and the fact that I am currently a bit bored (/r/nosleep isn't fun anymore), I wanted to feel creative textually, since I am horrible at visual art. This may not attract much attention from the community. Knowing this, I am perfectly aware that, chances are, this topic could die rather quickly. The main point of this, however, is to give the people an inspiration or an idea of what they could attempt next whether it be film, creation, or simply something awesome.

So... What do you guys think? After all, this topic won't grow without others' addition to this. This is mainly for people who actually want to write stories. Who knows, if this actually works, then people might be interested and read the stories people post.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Juwayyid

Oho!  Embrace yourself!  I wont be letting this one die!  I've have many tales to tell!

(I've tried to start topics like this before, but they did indeed die.  Let's hope this one makes it a little farther!)
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

Well I'll try to do my best to keep this topic entertaining and alive. I'll start mine later today when I have some silent time.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Kidd2000

Make it fruity like wet tacos and cute as a pair of socks!

jwirth

Quote(I've tried to start topics like this before, but they did indeed die.  Let's hope this one makes it a little farther!)
Yup ^^
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Emperor_Quimby

Come along children, gather around me and I will tell you all a funny story

(aham.)

"Once upon a time in a land of sweet and crush, lived a little man in a house of delicious, pink, candy flush. Everything was oh so fun, happiness and joy, and Silius Sugartop was the name of our main character boy. Every day from his pink, candy flush house Silius went, down to the chocolate lake without paying any cent. He enjoyed the sky and the birds and the bees, but suddenly a blue letter in the candy grass he sees. Silius opened his eyes "Is that letter really for me?" after reading it he realized somebody just invited him for tea. "Dear mister Silius come as you are, there is a tea party waiting for you in a land very far." So Silius packed his stuff and his suit, he walked just ahead cause to be honest he didn't know the route. He walked and walked for days and for weeks, until he finally saw the spires of the tool forest's peaks. Everything was sharp, sticky and picky here, and everywhere there were clanks, engines and motors he could hear. "This was not a place that he belonged to" Silius thought to himself scared, "might as well get this over!" he dared. Finally he got to a village of boxes and cans, "If somebody is here then show themselves." Silius demands. Slowly but sure small, tin, rusty, robots appears, Silius couldn't not see it but there small blick eyes was full of oily tears. "The tea party has been canceled pirates we have receives, the kidnapped our robot queen those buckle old thieves!" And that was the beginning of a tale of trash and junk, when Silius Sugartop went on an adventure to save the robot queen that little spunk."

(closes the book)

Jaysers

Maznis, your queen is in trouble!

Jaysers

I have around 3-4 stories that I've started, but never had a chance to actually finish. But as long as I have fingers and the strength to type with them, this topic shall not die off. (hopefully..)

Jaysers

Let this be told to our children, so that they learn about the history of the kingdom and how it became what it is.
Let this be a warning to our enemies who have attempted many times to disrupt the system of the kingdom.
Let our enemies learn to fear us.

As we stood there in front of the castle gates, we gazed upon the enemies. We were the first line of defense for the city, and we had to hold until the remaining forces of our military can set up the final crush. As the evening sun started to set, the enemy came upon us. They crashed into us like waves on a stone wall. Their numbers never seemed to cease, and they battered us with everything. I myself felt my shield arm buckle at every strike they dealt. As I cut down my foes continuously, they retreated a few steps from me as I glared at them with determine, blood-fury eyes. My cold steel sword ran red with blood as my men and I pushed back the assault. It was then the enemy realized that their efforts were in vain, and before long the wiser turned around and ran in hopes to live another day. Those who weren't quick enough were not so fortunate, as their commanders branded them as cowards and pushed them back into the front-lines. "Fight for your country!" they yelled. The soldiers, having to choose between two deaths, once more faced us. We braced ourselves for their brutal assault, yet it was not needed. Somewhere in the north, a horn was blown. In the distance, our fine army of Arkmaal was seen in their dark, glossy armor. They charged onto the field, completely surrounding our enemy. It was not long before they were decimated by our forces. The fortunate few remaining ran into the countryside, knowing this war was fruitless for them. They ran to their villages and hid from us. But we hunted them down and hung them in their very homes as a form of punishment. Some barricaded themselves in the church, and we burned it down, with them inside. Let these people know the iron hand of Arkmaal shall crush their illusion of freedom and free will. We do this not out of cruelty, but for righteous justice and future of our glorious kingdom.

Let those who oppose our way of life become crushed under our heels.
... Let this be told to our children, so that they learn about the history of the kingdom and how it became what it is.
Let this be a warning to our enemies who have attempted many times to disrupt the system of the kingdom.
Let our enemies learn to fear us.

Emperor_Quimby

Ohhh, sit on down and hear a tale
of a hero people called Hale
He traveled to and fro
Cutting off heads wherever he'd go
On a misty morn', he stumbled upon
A tribe of Goblins gaurd'n a treasure'on

Now these Goblins were green and mean
They were greedy as a jumping bean
to get away with the treasure clean
stab them he would, right in the spleen

He was a hero called Hale
There was no way he could fail!

Strike to the left, strike to the right
Hale cut those goblins down in a vicious fight!
The way forward opened up
Like a maiden deep within her cup

More goblins Hale did strike down
Despite cries and pleas for mercy aboun'
Tears streamed down their wicked green faces
While Hale quickly mashed it with heavy maces

With a final stroke, the last did fall
The treasure was Hale's, gold and all
But a warning passed from dying lips
Hungry will mash you all to bits

A troll appeared, Hungry by name
Eating foolish heroes, its claim to frame
The troll charged with earth shaking roars
Hale turned and nearly crapped his drawers

This time he just might fail...

And so the song ends with Hale not topped
One troll dead and a treasure chest popped
The goblins all dead, their families would starve
But Hale would live on, more evil to carve

And there was absolutely, positively no way he could fail!

---

Now what did we learn today kids?

Jaysers

Four bloody figures slowly stumbled their way out of the eerie, dark forest. It was late at night, and darkness blanketed the land, along with its bitter cold. The figures seem to be wandering without knowing where they were headed, but they trudged on. A sudden snap of a twig stopped their progress and they all twisted their heads towards the source of the sound. They soon spotted it, and became absolutely still, not even breathing. The cause of the snapped twig didn't seem to notice the noise it made, and continued heading towards south, oblivious to the fact that it was coming closer to its silent watchers. As it walked closer and closer, 4 dull, sickly yellow pairs of eyes became wider and wider. All at once, they leaped onto the target, giving it no time to react. The only sounds made were a gurgled cry of pain... ripping... and crunching...
        Finished with their meal, four bloody figures slowly stumbled their way out of the eerie, dark forest...

BRINGING THIS TOPIC BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!
I had nothing to do for a few hours and decided to actually try to create/write a story (again). I had a couple hours of planning into this, so we'll see how this goes.
As some of you may know, quite a number of us had a lot of fun playing a Minecraft game mode called "MineZ", with plenty of adventures filled with fun, hilarity, and downright fails. This is my attempt to novelize the Insomniac MineZ Squad adventures, but with some aspects changed and actual character with background stories.

I plan to keep the story/timeline as medieval with small bits of fantasy. Currently, I have seven people in my story, including me. You guys might enjoy my depiction of yourselves, you might not. As to who the remaining six people are, I don't want to reveal anything yet. However, some of you might already have high suspicions as to who they are :P. If I get to the point, I will eventually add more people/characters, and might even ask you guys how you want to be depicted.

Pax.

Juwayyid

Wow Jay!  This'll be way too cool!  Totally forgot about this topic even though I said I wouldn't... 

Looking forward to more now!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

Very unrefined. Errors will be made.

Chapter 1 - The Encounter

It was a beautifully bright day. The air was refreshing, with a slight crisp to it that signified that summer was slowly coming to an end. A lone rider clad in green slowly made his way towards town, slinging a massive longbow in his hands onto his back. The bow was positioned with signs of plenty of practice, so that he could remove it and have an arrow nocked quickly. In addition to his bow, he had heavy dagger in a scabbard that was tied behind his belt.

He looked at the sign he was approaching, reading "Portsmouth". The town was a small one, both in community and business. Nonetheless, the locals found that living here was a bliss. The town's seaport brought in many foreign goods and trade thrived, as well as the diversity. As the rider made his way into town, he was greeted by a town guard who was busying himself with posting a Wanted poster on a pole. The rider dismounted his horse and walked it towards a post in front of the local tavern and tied it.

As he entered inside, he quickly sidestepped as a waitress nearly knocked him over, apologizing rapidly as she made her way numerous tables. The tavern was busy as usual, but it seemed as if half the people were hungover even though it was late into midday. In a corner, a rather burly man was in what seemed like a drinking competition since the table was covered with empty tankards. His contestant, barely drinking half the tankard, slumped onto the table and passed out. The burly man laughed heartily as he slapped the back of his contestant and draining his own tankard, then, after attempting to check if anyone was looking, finished the other man's drink. The rider simply chuckled as he waited for the bartender. Currently, the bartender was speaking to someone who was dressed as if he was fond of the seas. It wasn't surprising to see a seafarer here, seeing how the town's seaport was good for business and pirating, but people try to ignore the latter; they valued their lives and property, after all.

When the bartender finally greeted the rider, he rented a room to rest for the night. He left the tavern after paying for his room and untied his horse, only to lead it to the nearby stable and retie his mount inside. The horse had a look of annoyance until the rider dug out an apple from his pack and held it in front of the horse. Seeing it, the horse greedily ate it and was content. Smiling and shaking his head, the rider was about to remove his bow slung across his back but decided against it, thinking one can never be too careful, even in a thriving town like this. He left the stables and headed towards the market area to buy supplies, soon passing the town church. The large double doors were open, so he could see clearly what was happening.

Inside the church, there was a priest who was chanting in a strange language while dipping his hands in water. He cupped his hands and poured the water over a man's head, who was kneeled over and looked like he was sick and was moaning in pain. In fact, the rider realized, the church was actually filled with people who looked like they had the same sickness. Men, women, and children were lying on the long bench-seats while several people were doing their best to tend to them. The rider was wondering if there was an illness spreading around when a heavy hand landed on his shoulders, causing him to turn.

The hand belonged to a fully armored man, with the logo of a cross on the white cover he had over the heavy chainmail he wore, a kite shield strapped on his back with a similar cross logo, a long, double edged sword sheathed in the scabbard tied to his belt, and a helmet covering his entire head. The helmet covered his entire face with only two slight openings as visors. But through the visors, the rider could see heavy eyes, and then noticed the slumped shoulders, signifying the man was tired and sleep deprived.

"Do you seek healing for your ailments, friend?" The armored man asked in a slightly muffled, weary voice. The rider shook his head, saying he was simply looking around.

"No, I'm quite fine. Was just seeing the sights of the town. But I do have a question." He replied. The armored man gestured for him to continue. "Is there an illness spreading? The tavern was filled with people in a similar state." The armored man nodded in confirmation.

"Apparently so. It started occurring a few days ago, but back then we didn't think much of it since it's soon becoming Autumn time, and sickness is common around this time. Then, after a few people were found dead in their beds and rooms, murdered seemed like, and more people becoming ill, the church decided to try to take action. They buried the dead gathered some of the sick folks and tried to fix them" He looked around and sighed. "though it doesn't seem like it's doing much good." The rider saw the amount of people sprawled around and agreed. He noticed that the man that was in front of the priest was still with his head down, no longer moaning from pain.

"Seems like the sooner I get supplies, the faster I can leave, I suppose. Is this sickness contagious?" He asked.

The armored man tilted his head in thought for a little bit, then answered, "Not that we know of. All of the sick seem to have some form of injury; bite marks were most common. Strange thing is.. The bite marks didn't seem like they were from animals." The rider looked confused, then shrugged but understood.

"All the more reason for me to hurry, I suppose."

"Fare well and travel safely, friend." The armored man responded. The rider nodded once and was about to leave, when someone screamed, followed by voices of shouting. The rider and armored man both looked towards the source of the sound and were shocked by what they witnessed.

The man that was getting "cleansed" now had his teeth sank deep into the priest's forearm, using its hands to pull the arm away from its mouth in attempt to tear a part of the arm off. The rider reacted quickly, nocking an arrow on his bow that seemingly appeared into his hands. He ran close to the biting man and raised his bow.

"Let him go!" He yelled. The biting man paid no attention to the rider and instead, focused on trying to claw and bite the priest's neck. The priest tried to push the man off of him with both his arms, to no avail. Since one arm was useless, he tried to kick the man to push him away. But the gnawing man had a near death grip on the priest and cared only to try to rip the priest to pieces. The rider didn't give him a second warning and instead, shot the man's left leg that was in kneeling position. The leg buckled, and the man fell from not having both his legs to support him. However, that didn't deter him from continuing to try to kill the priest, much to the rider's surprise. When he fell, he pulled the priest down with him which made it easier for him to reach the priest's neck. He bit deep and red streams shot out. The rider, recovering from his initial surprise, already had a second arrow ready and loosed at the man's heart. Again, this did nothing to stop the man as he ripped off a piece of the priest's throat. and swallowed. He lunged for the throat again and solid bone contact could be heard. As the rider prepared to shoot a third arrow, the armored man rushed up to the biting man, bloody sword in hand, and cut the head off in one sweep. His white cover was ripped and had blood splayed all over.

While the rider was trying to subdue the biting man, similar cases were happening everywhere in the church. The armored man, seeing that the rider nocked an arrow and was heading towards the priest and biting man, drew his sword and attempted to prevent the men and women from turning on each other elsewhere in the church. Like the rider, he quickly discovered that a normal killing blow would not suffice. He tried slamming the pommel of his sword on the offender's heads at first, then stabbing through the heart. The offender didn't react to his actions, but responded by attacking him. The woman raked her bloodstained hand across his armor, ripping the white cover and smearing blood. With nothing happening, he resorted to cutting off the head and found that it seemed to work. He then rushed to the biting man who was on top of the priest now and proceeded to do the same. After he killed the man, the armored man was about to do the same all around the church when more screams could be heard outside. Both the rider and armored man ran out and saw that the chaos wasn't only happening in the church. Crowds of people were running, not knowing where to run to or where was safe. People were attacking one another, and the local town guards could barely do anything to control the chaos...

-meanwhile, at the tavern-

The burly man was currently locked in an arm wrestle with the seafarer, surprisingly neither showing any sign of fatigue or giving an inch. A man suddenly slumped onto the table on which the burly man and the seafarer were currently conducting business, and the seafarer jumped in surprise. Taking the opportunity, the burly man slammed his locked hand onto the table, much to the seafarer's dismay. He let loose a hearty laugh.

"HA! Gotcha, sea dweller. Pay up, ya owe the winner a drink." The burly man said with a toothy smile. The seafarer scowled.

"tis not much of a win. This jackhole here-" He kicked the slumped man off the table "-disrupted our business. Not a fair rule of engagement, I say." The burly man simply laughed harder and slammed a hand on the seafarer's back.

"Ya just sore cuz ya lost to meh. Don't worry about it, though. Ya didn't stand a chance against me anyways." The pirate was about to respond when the man he kicked over grabbed his leg. Looking down in annoyance, he tried kicking the man off again.

"git yer filthy hands off a' me, ya prick, else I remove em for you" he yelled at the man as he pulled out his sword he placed next to his seat. With a final, solid kick, he was able to get the man's grip off of him. "ain't givin' ya nothing, so git lost, beggar." The burly man was about to laugh again when nearby, a scuffle broke out. The bartender leaned over his counter.

"EY! NO FIGHTING IN HERE. GET THAT OUT OF HERE!" he yelled. When the fighters didn't heed or respond, he told the nearby waitress to go get the town guard. The girl ran outside while the bartender attempted to break up the fight. Out of nowhere, one of the man fighting bit the other man in the neck, the latter screaming from this. Blood started to pour from the bite, and the bitten man was able to push the other off of him. Bleeding profusely, he tried putting pressure on his wound when the man grabbed him again. The bleeding man tried to keep him at arm's length until the man bit his hand, succeeding to bite off the smallest finger. The bleeding man screamed even louder and frantically tried to keep away from the biting man, while the bartender kept the biting man back with a shovel. The biting man swallowed the finger whole, and lunged for the bartender this time. Luckily, the bartender was able to use the shovel to keep the man back. The door burst open and a trio of town guard showed up.

The one in the middle shouted, "The hell is going on here?!" He looked around quickly and saw a man trying to stanch the bleeding from his neck with a hand that was missing a finger, the bartender fighting to keep what seemed like a crazed bloody man at bay, and a burly man with a seafarer in the corner. He and the two other town guard quickly ran forward and helped the bartender subdue the crazed man. They finally got the man off and quickly locked his hands behind his back. But the man didn't stop moving or fighting. He constantly tried to bite the guards, and blows to the head did nothing to calm him.

"Take him to a cell." The lead town guard told the other two. They struggled to get the gnawing man out of the bar while the remaining town guard questioned the bartender. The seafarer, watching the whole incident, shook his head and drained his tankard.

"This is a crazy town..." He remarked. The burly man agreed. Both were new to the town and, not knowing the local area, quickly settled themselves at the tavern. The burly man was about to finish his own drink when the repeatedly kicked man grabbed his leg. Annoyed, he was tired of this strange man's antics and grabbed his huge double sided axe. With one casual swing, he cut the arms of the grabbing man up to the forearm. Strangely, there was no cry or shout of pain. Rather, the man stared at the burly man for some time, then tried to bite his leg. The burly man just put his foot down on his head, forcing it to stay on the floor, and finished his drink.

"Oy, guardsman!" The town guard turned around and noticed the armless man who was currently stuck on the ground with a foot on his head. He looked confused at first, then quickly walked over to the burly man.

"Were you the one to do this to him?" The burly man shrugged, then nodded.

"He was bickering at me an' my friend here" pointing his thumb towards the seafarer, who was counting some coins and simply waved, "while we were conducting business." The town guard just was about to respond when the man under the burly man's foot suddenly forced his way up with his arm stumps. He was about to lunge at the burly man when a flash of steel was seen and the seafarer's sword was impaled in the man's head. Both the burly man and town guard looked in surprise at the seafarer, who was casually counting some coins he had in hand. He finally noticed the two men staring at him.

"... wut? The fellow was right. He was bugging us." The town guard, again, was about to respond when they heard screams outside. All three men rushed outside to see what was happening, and witnessed chaos. Crowds of people were running, from what they didn't know. The local town guards were barely able to do anything to organize the swarm. People were fighting one another, biting, and chasing.

The burly man simply sighed. "Yup. This is a crazy town..."

COMING SOON...
Chapter 1.5: The gathering
Chapter 2: An Unlikely Squad

-------------------------------

Boom! First like, half of chapter 1 posted. I know, lots of plot-holes and stuffs, but I can't really think of much else how to introduce events up to what MineZ is now. I want to get the whole introduction over as fast as possible, while also actually creating a storyline/plotline.
        5 characters introduced so far! Again, like I said in the previous post, you may or may not enjoy how you are depicted in the story. However, please understand that I'm basing each person I have off of their roles ingame, as well as what they are typically known for. Other times, I'm trying to create unique characters with different personalities and specialties. Soon, I'll reveal the names of each respective character. Before you start wondering, yes I plan to use your Minecraft names for character names. I might tweak it a bit so it doesn't sound as awkward, but for the most part it's going to stay the same.
        So, how do you guys like it so far? This is only the intro to the intro chapter, so it may seem a bit dull, and the rest of chapter 1 will introduce the remaining characters I have planned at that point. Chapter 2 is where the real adventure begins. Every character will have dull moments and leading moments, so don't feel like your character is getting neglected. Unless your character isn't in the story. Which would explain why your character is neglected. Cuz he/she's not in it.

Let me know what you guys think, and throw in some ideas if you like!

wills20202

A long time ago... In a world not much different from our own.

Wills20202 sat in school. He saw a post saying to write your own story.

So he wrote this because he has no story to tell.

THE END

Juwayyid

I figured out the Butlerbandit and Jaysers(Celesdian) characters, but who are the other 3?  New or existing?