I may have broken the Creative Server.

Started by sifitis, June 11, 2013, 11:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

Hi everyone!  Turns out that bukkit doesn't like the player exclusion parameter of /scoreboard commands!

I typed in the command /scoreboard teams join GLENNathens @p[r=5,name=!sifitis]

This should have added the nearest player who was not me within a 5 block radius of me to the team GLENNathens.  It didn't.

Immediately, we were all kicked with the error:
Internal exception: java.io.IOExpection: Received string length longer than maximum allowed (21 > 16)

I booted up my personal bukkit server to test ways to fix it- Managed to crash that too.  neither restarting or deleting player files seems to work, so I'm about to test some more drastic methods.

If anyone has any info, please give that to someone who actually knows what they're doing, like Skitty.

Sorry bout that, guys!

I'd like to end on this note: I blame java.

Things I've learned.
-Nobody in the history of forever has made this mistake before, for google has nothing about it.
-Its a problem with the map, not the server. (I switched out maps, it worked fine)

sifitis

Found the solution!
Skitty/Darth, you just have to go into the server map folder, under data, and delete the scoreboard.dat file.  It won't do really any damage with the exception of making me push a few buttons on a few control panels around the world.  Easy fix.

PS: kraw/thrash, since you two are the only ones besides me who know ANYTHING about the scoreboard system: NEVER. USE. PLAYER. EXCLUSION!!!!!!!!!

Juwayyid

Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Krawkyz

pusur44017

I remember you giving me the hard time for a chrash <.<

-pusur

Jahona

He actually didn't crash the server just messed up his player profiles.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!