Server Status Updates

Started by Skitty, June 28, 2013, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitty

As of right now creative seems to have stabled out.
if you haven't joined teamspeak in a while i will give you a brief summery of whats been going on in Server-Darwin (aka IS1)  (Creative/Classic machine) both discussed not discussed.
Over the past few weeks darth and myself have been troubleshooting and debugging the system.

1. being the mod issue. All-you-want that mod seems to through errors causing the system to crash. i will talk to darth to see if we want to submit a error log of the issue to the creator. maybe he can debug it since i know many players like to use it. for now its resolved DO NOT USE IT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

2. Your testing and crashing the server limits. Server-Darwin (aka IS1)  is a pretty beefy machine it takes alot for it to start lagging. remember hexcore o.c'ed to 4.1 ghz with 16 gigs of ram o.c'ed to 2400 mhz. pretty fast and beefy. Creative  however is not. Creative is a java based application that can become unstable. lets avoid crashing the server. Large paste and inputs do not crash it for as a safety protocol bukkit kicks players so it can load whatever you are doing. if it does that just send me a message on teamspeak and/or the forums and ill check it out. i am connected to the server all day until i go home.

3. when you crash creative. you can bring IS1 and is2 down. Those servers need to be active and online because the list rankings are set on uptime. so the longer its on and connected the higher it goes on the rankings. i will be calling my isp to have them check out the random connectivity issues ive been getting. i have a log of it. i know.

4. Is3 aka the cardboard server. i am in the works of building the next machine i am code-naming the cardboard server. i have parts lying around from the upgrades to Darwin/Darwin-server (IS1)/Darwin-Public that i should have enough to build a new machine. This machine will be the step into new servers. NOT MINECRAFT. steam/valve based games and maybe a few other things. i am currently pricing all i need to build this machine to get it up.

5. Performance issues of Server-Darwin (aka IS1)  have been resolved to the knowledge of darth and myself. we believe it was the dynmap plugin. we deleted the old folder configs and rebuilt the server with new ones and the system has not had any leaking in the performance. if are wondering what that is CLICK HERE TO LEARN. i will be observing it all day.

6. Server-Darwin (aka IS1) hardware. as i said before Server-Darwin (aka IS1)  is beefy its harddrive is not. its old and getting up in age. since i took pk3 under my wing 3 years ago. Server-Darwin (aka IS1)  has been by my side hosting it and although we have changed names to IS1 and much of the hardware has changed the system hd has not and eventually it will fail. to prevent a full loss of data i will be pulling that drive and creating a duel drive OS. basically an ssd and a hdd much like my main pc. This is to allow the server to run task as lightning speeds while still having the storage. expect that change to happen in the upcoming month.

7. the Disney server. KNOCK IT OFF. darth and myself have explain our feelings on this. As server owners we both know how they feel. it is very disrespectful to the servers and its owners what you are doing. it will stop and if darth or myself catch you we will ban you without discretion from everything permanently and you will join the list that people who piss me off join. so it ends it is not up for discussion.

8. Sacheil. Yes its still in the works. I had a test with him and he works from my machine. im gonna be hooking him into SI Radio until i can get it 100% accurate. so expect to see him in the radio section of the teamspeak server

9. lastly Summer. Summer time yes its nice. no school, not to much work. lots of free time. BUT WAIT WHATS THAT?! A GREIFER? where the hell is my staff? RIGHT there isnt any. i will be looking for players who can dedicate a few hours to classic/creative(and possibly survival i dont know how that runs) to make sure its clean and managed. i had to make thor_chipmunk a special rank because im short staffed. i was not to festive about that. This being said. if you cannot or will not put the time into the server do not apply for it. i have a few members in the past who thought being staff was special perk and they abused it and lost it. it is not a perk. it is a privilege that i give to those who i can trust the well being and safety of the server to. i will be discussing the time and date of this further with the current staff.

that being said have a great summer and hopefully we can kick it off with a bang.  i have some changes in order for next month on the forums. I am also content-plating about holding events for the servers and i might recruit some players into assisting me into building something. Don't forget to join our teamspeak server if you haven't already.

<3~skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.