Command Blocks on the Creative Server

Started by BananaSquats, August 09, 2013, 04:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaSquats

On the creative server, the current rank to use a command block is OP. Can we change that to VIP? I know it's a risk because you don't want players screwing up the server, but VIP is a trusted rank, right? Cus in order to get VIP you have to play for a while. I was just asking because I was trying to make something with redstone ._.

Krawkyz

Command blocks are vanilla set to OP. Currently, there is no stable plugin that allows for the retraction of this permission.

Juwayyid

But you may ask Darth Bandit Sifitis Skitty or myself for some help!  Anyone of us can always be contacted on teamspeak at nearly any time. 

Whatchya building?  Haven't seen yah into creative building in a few weeks!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

BananaSquats

I was building a uh... thing. But it turns out it didn't need a command block anyways :P kthxbai.

Emperor_Quimby

I would agree with you Banana because I myself really wanted that power to make command blocks now I'm working on an adventure map, but I'm doing great with the help of Juw and Sif so far. All do some persons should have that power because they know how to use it and actually knows the commands, I'm talking about you Kraw.

Krawkyz

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on August 10, 2013, 03:22:42 AMAll do some persons should have that power because they know how to use it and actually knows the commands, I'm talking about you Kraw.

trust 
/trəst/
Noun
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
Verb
Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of.
Synonyms
noun.     confidence - faith - credit - reliance - belief
verb.     believe - confide - rely - credit - hope - entrust

sifitis

We actually did try a plugin called SafeCommandBlocks for a while.  It gave people access to the block, and let you change the text. The problem was, nobody was able to add commands into it.  It would say "you don't have permission to use that command".  In the end, it was more trouble than it was worth.

Krawkyz

Quote from: sifitis on August 12, 2013, 07:25:43 PM
We actually did try a plugin called SafeCommandBlocks for a while.  It gave people access to the block, and let you change the text. The problem was, nobody was able to add commands into it.  It would say "you don't have permission to use that command".  In the end, it was more trouble than it was worth.
If you TL;DR, SafeCommandBlocks plugin was broken.

Emperor_Quimby

well i didn't say we should give it to everybody, just to them who knows how to use them... and trusted of course.

sifitis

Keep an eye out. If a plugin appears that would be both functional and safe, I'm sure we would love to have it.