A survival server revamp!?!

Started by Juwayyid, October 09, 2013, 04:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor_Quimby

Bren spoke the truth!

we have rose bushes, sunflowers, coloured glass pane, new trees, lots of new biomes and fishes!

This is what I been waiting for to the adventure map! Finally i can finish it! UPDATE THE SERVER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: darthjahona on October 25, 2013, 02:51:53 PM
For you Quimby..... Never  8)
'

Oh you! :D Best pals!

Kidd2000

Alrighty, who wants to help make the server become one? This would include making the map setting up towns, finding plug-ins we can use, programming code and such and such. Right now, the amount of people  that want to help is fuzzy.

So far I have Juwayid, Glenn, Emp, Skitty, Darth, Dupple, Jay, and I. Does anyone else want to help? This is not to be confused with people giving input. We would want everyone to put thier input on here and so far a minority of the group has. So please, put every idea you have here so we know what the majority wants.

And no, Bren won't bite.  ;)

Kidd2000

On a different note, I went ahead and categorized all of Minecrafts' 1.7.2 main biomes into 5 groups. The groups are:

Aquatic- Ocean, Deep Ocean and Swampland

Forests- Forest, Jungle, Birch Forest, Roofed Forest, Taiga and Mega Taiga

Tundra- Extreme Hills, Extreme Hills+ and Ice Plains (Tundra)

Grasslands- Plains and Savannah

Miscellaneous - Hell (Nether), Sky (The End) and Mushroom Island

Beyond these 19 main biomes are 19 other "sub" biomes that basically just add more variety. If you guys would like to know more about these biomes or are curious as to why I ordered them like this then please follow this link: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biome

Juwayyid

Here is an updated version of the quick sketch map I did earlier on.

Parts of the map are pretty empty in places.  Let's think up some more regions to fill the space.  You are all saying you want 1.7 biomes included but again, in this idea, we are not using the typical biomes.  We are making our own.  Come up with a region that will incorporate whatever biomes you would like to see and we can throw it into the map.  This map is only version 1.

I also believe that we are all shooting out ideas for very different survival servers.  We are pretty much stuck were we are at and need to do something about this.

Dupple went ahead and made a separate thread about his thoughts and ideas and perhaps its best for us to do the same, so that our individual ideas can be shared more clearly without all these other ideas interrupting.

From there, after we have a better understanding of the proposed ideas, we can work to combine as much of each as we can in order to get a real dynamic server working!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

Quote from: Kidd2000 on October 27, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

Guess you can say it's hard to form a...

BRENSHIP
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

bren4q

Quote from: Jaysers on October 28, 2013, 12:16:45 AM
Quote from: Kidd2000 on October 27, 2013, 07:43:18 PM
Guess you can say it's hard to form a...

BRENSHIP

This topic is tl;dr from page 4 onwards. There seems to be lots of ideas anyway. Best of luck with it.
Surplus to requirements

thealex447

Oh I will help. Add me to the list!

Juwayyid

POKEMONCRAFT
Well while development continues and the survival server continues to be neglected,  there has been talk of throwing together a "pixelmon" server.  (Pixelmon is a mod for minecraft that pretty much brings all the best aspects of the handheld Pokemon games to minecraft!  Catch, battle, and trade them all!)

There are some things we should decide before along this server active. 

- Will this server be a survival minecraft server with mobs and hunger?  Do we want no mobs, no dying, and keep things working th way they do in the handheld games?  PVP?  Any crafting in general?

- How will we work in gyms and deciding who gets to be the gym leaders as well as how these gyms get built.

- Will the map be a fresh world or do we want a nice spawn/spawn town?  Do we want further pre built towns across the map?  Do we want to build towns as we go?

- How much money should be paid to Juwayyid each day?  $100?  $100?  $100???

I'll post my thoughts on these points as well.  (This server could very easily go live this week/weekend if you all participate here clearly and organized!)
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jahona

Quote- Will this server be a survival minecraft server with mobs and hunger?  Do we want no mobs, no dying, and keep things working th way they do in the handheld games?  PVP?  Any crafting in general?

PVE with PVP option (Arenas)

Quote- How will we work in gyms and deciding who gets to be the gym leaders as well as how these gyms get built.

Gym Leaders are awarded to those who give me the most money.  Capitalism at it's greatest.  Elite 5 members will be chosen from a tournament.

Quote- Will the map be a fresh world or do we want a nice spawn/spawn town?  Do we want further pre built towns across the map?  Do we want to build towns as we go?

I require a 1:1 recreation of the Kanto Region.  If a recreation is to hard I'll settle for a fresh map.

Quote- How much money should be paid to Juwayyid each day?  $100?  $100?  $100???

None all donations, taxes, levies, leans, and depts should be paid to your glorious Chief Warlord of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance (nominated by himself on a whim), Mistress of Magma (gained by killing the former holder of the title), King of the world (also nominated by himself on a whim) and mayor of a little village up the coast.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Skitty

Quote from: darthjahona on November 06, 2013, 03:22:26 PM
None all donations, taxes, levies, leans, and depts should be paid to your glorious Chief Warlord of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance (nominated by himself on a whim), Mistress of Magma (gained by killing the former holder of the title), King of the world (also nominated by himself on a whim) and mayor of a little village up the coast.

aka me and darth

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Juwayyid

I think Darth had a good idea here.

I can't really see us ever being able to play PVP on a Pokemon server.  (1 person defeats another in battle, so the loser charges at him with a sword...  Probably not a good idea to have PVP)

So I would say lets just keep things peaceful.

Gameplay

As for the map and gym leaders, we do need a way to assign players gym leader roles.  I was thinking we would start on a fresh map in a spawn town (similar to a town from the games, simple) and a player trains from there.
Then, every X amount of days (probably 5 to 7 days) a "new fun leader is rising in blahblah town!  Have what it takes to defeat him?" 
What I mean by that is, a new town will appear on the map, with a road or trail leading to it.  In that town will be a gym with a leader.  The gym leader will be [played] by an op of the server.  If ever an op is around and a player wishes to battle a gym leader, the op can grab his pre assigned team of pokemens and battle (as the gym leader). These battles will not be easily won and when the gym leader is beaten, the player earns a badge. 
From there on out, when a player reaches X amount of badges, he can, either, become a gym leader, or, go to the elite four where, after beating all 4, he then gets gym leader rank.

We can decide here at which point a player gets gym leader rank and what exactly he can do with that rank.  Will we give leaders permission to build their own town and gym or would we assign them to the towns already made?

Also, I think we should keep the Elite four as the top for trainers on the server at all times, so if a player beats any of the four, they take their position and the order shifts down.  (Example - elite four=skitty, Darth, Bren, Juwayyid.  Krawkyz beats Juwayyid, Bren, but not Darth.  The new elite four becomes - skitty, Darth, krawkyz, Bren.)

All these ideas are open for change and editing.  If you don't like any of these as well, voice that!  Lets get this server working in the most fun way possible!

MissVixiy

Quote from: Juwayyid on November 06, 2013, 02:12:27 PM
"Will this server be a survival minecraft server with mobs and hunger?  Do we want no mobs, no dying, and keep things working the way they do in the handheld games?  PVP?  Any crafting in general?"

I think we should have no pvp, no hunger, and no hostile mobs. We should could also include pokeloot mod and pokecycle mod with the pixelmon mod.

Quote from: Juwayyid
"How will we work in gyms and deciding who gets to be the gym leaders as well as how these gyms get built."

Gyms should have a max level of pokemon and only one type of pokemon for that gym. Gym leaders need to pass a test like a battle tournament to become a gym leader. For the building of the gyms, we should offer if the player, who wants to be gym leader, wants to build their own gym and if he/she wants their gym built by someone else.

Quote from: Juwayyid
"Will the map be a fresh world or do we want a nice spawn/spawn town?  Do we want further pre built towns across the map?  Do we want to build towns as we go?"

A fresh new world with a spawn town. Have the towns made for the map but not the gyms because we should wait until there is a gym leader for that particular town. Maybe if we cannot build all the towns that we want included in the map.

Krawkyz

In response to Juwayyid's PM to Vixiy:

This is not the place to be discussing a Pixelmon server. The proper place would be in a Pixelmon Thread.