My computer and other thingies~

Started by BananaSquats, October 18, 2013, 12:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaSquats

Okay, I've told most of you that my computer keyboard is broken right now. I'm debating whether I should just purchase a new laptop or just send this one to the shop to see if they can fix it for me. Unfortunately I don't have the funds for either of those at the moment. Due to these circumstances I will not be on minecraft as much, which I figured most of you already know. I'll attach pictures so you guys can get a better feel of what it looks like. Some of the keys work, but most of them have rice underneath them.
(They have rice in them because I spilled tea on the laptop and poured rice on it without thinking.)

As for a small chat I just had with Juwayyid, yes, I work in an art studio. Juwayyid was interested in seeing some of my art, so I made a separate blog for that on tumblr. I used to have one for that purpose, but I decided to just make it into my personal blog. The studio I work for is called MyArts, and it's kind of like Hallmark but only for teenagers (16-19 I think.) I'm just one of the content creators for the visual arts studio, but I was thinking about going into the ceramics studio.

And yeah.

Art blog: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/watercolorseas

There's nothin' there yet, but I'll update it as much as possible.

Kbai. Miss u guise.

L o l

bren4q

Its a pity, because keyboards are cheap. The expensive part if probably the time required to do the job.

Do you know anyone tech-savvy who would be willing and able to replace the keyboard for you? If so, then $10 would probably get you the replacement part you need.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Keyboard-for-Acer-Aspire-5410-5536-5542-5738-5739-5740-7540-7735-7741-5810T-5820-/321013638764?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item4abde7666c
Surplus to requirements

Skloosh

Just buy a desktop keyboard and tape it on
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

bren4q

Quote from: Skloosh on October 18, 2013, 05:31:43 AM
Just buy a desktop keyboard and tape it on
Actually, yes, good idea. Maybe not the taping on bit. But using a desktop keyboard. Just plug in a USB keyboard and it will work just fine.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Actually the desktop keyboard idea was what I was thinking as well.  You can get a cheap barebones no frills keyboard for like 10 dollars at times.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

pusur44017

I can just feel the pain of typing that post on an on screen keyboard, and being gramatically correct (as far as I can see) <--disclaimer

-pusur

BananaSquats

Yeah, it takes a while to type things, but at least I can type. Unfortunately I don't know any tech-savvy people except for some of you guy really. I thought about buying a usb keyboard, but I don't have a very large desk so it would take up too much room. I guess I could try to find someone on my Facebook willing to fix it, but I don't know who would.

Butlerbandit

If you can't get it fixed, and you're strapped for desk-space, you could probably do (almost) what pusur said and just stick a USB keyboard onto your laptop. You could probably jury-rig a little keyboard stand to slide over your broken laptop keyboard and hold the USB keyboard just above it.

It wouldn't be a pretty fix, but it would probably work, and it would get you back on the servers... we miss you nanners!  :'(
Held Together by Duct Tape

pusur44017

under 10$ and doesn't take much space? http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Foldable-Portable-Roll-Up-Keyboard/dp/B001GC9C9Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1382266378&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+keyboard

-pusur

EDIT: I have tried something simmilar before, and I think it's quite waterproof :P