[Survival Server Story!]

Started by Juwayyid, October 28, 2013, 01:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

The following is a proposed story for the world we are creating in Survival.  Afterwords I'll post a bit as to how I see the server working and unfolding.  As always, add your comments and ideas.

We, the players, spawn into a world that has previously been inhabited by another race of player.  We are Generation 2 and the first race of player was Generation 1.

Generation 1 is majorly a mystery.  We know that they had a civilization going in the world and we know that something wiped them all out.  They suffered some form of an apocalypse and it's still unknown what exactly happened.

But for some reason, Generation 1 is not completely gone from the world.  Pieces of them still linger, as spirits of sorts, ghosts.  These spirits are not harmful.  They rarely speak a word and they appear through flame.  These spirits are our only connection to the past. 

Spirits often appear with good intentions and rewards for those who follow their wanderings.  All they seem to do is wander.  Following one may lead you on an exciting quest.

But there are those who seek the answer of the past.  What wiped them out?  Can it happen again?  Is there a way to bring them back?

One individual seeks to find answers and doesn't seem to care what happens to those in his way.  He creates mischief and brings evil into the land in his constant search for the past.

(I'm holding back on some details so those who wish to play on the server don't get any spoilers!)

So pretty much from there on out there will be a primary antagonist who causes problems here and there.  The quests will revolve around fighting this villain, delving further into the ancient histories of the world, gaining new strengths and saving areas of the world that are being disrupted by the antagonists work and the spirits! 

On top of that we can easily develop connecting stories and such to add more depth to the tale.  Right now the story isn't so immediate and is mostly discovery based.  We can throw in any "save the world" situations where we need.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skloosh

Ok I have an idea for a save sort of scenario
Ok you meet the antagonist in the woods lets it the where am I woods and lets call him bone-head child, and he has this mask umm... Let's call it anjoras mask, so you have to get other masks to save the world, because bone-head child is trying to crash the sun into the world... Oh and you have 3 days...
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Juwayyid

I don't get it.  I love majoras mask, but are you trying to say this idea comes from something else?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

TEASER TRAILER TIME

Not much information is known about this dark individual. Those who suffered because of him deeply wanted to know the answer to their cause of pain: What DID he want with Generation 1?

Though no one knows his true intentions, many o' rumors were speculated. Perhaps he wanted the Generation 1's ingenuity and intellect. Some say he was driven insane by their voices. Others guess he doesn't want anything. He simply wants to watch the world suffer, and the Generation 1 somehow gives him a way to do so.

Despite all this, there is one thing for certain: He will stop at nothing in achieving his goals, and will do everything in his power to remove those in his ways.

He's not alone in his endeavors though, as you, the player, will soon discover. Many will answer his call for their own reasons. These allies of his are sometimes described to be invincible, other times called Death itself.
But fear not, player. If you so wish to brave this chain of burden, you will not suffer alone. Just as those who answer HIS calls, so will others answer yours. However, do not forget that this burden is chained to you. You will risk the lives of those who help you shall you fall and stumble. Have faith though, for there will be those who are willing to risk it for you, just as you would for them.

Arise, player. The next generation await you, as well as the ever lurking shadow.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Skloosh

Quote from: Juwayyid on October 28, 2013, 02:53:13 AM
I don't get it.  I love majoras mask, but are you trying to say this idea comes from something else?
It's a joke about trying to rip off majoras mask... It seemed obvious to me...
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Kidd2000

You'll want to change this to [Adventure Server Story], since this whole server will revolve around a year long quest rather than the core aspects of survival.

Juwayyid

Well we are trying to create a server that skews from those core aspects from survival, so we are adding a story to it.  It's still a survival server.

Kidd2000

To be honest. I feel that most of us are watching you make this idea server as an adventure map that has survival as a sort of "bonus". Just please remember that this is for survival with a story. NOT a story that includes survival.

Juwayyid

Quote from: Kidd2000 on October 28, 2013, 07:16:21 PM
Just please remember that this is for survival with a story. NOT a story that includes survival.

Quotewe are adding a story to it.  It's still a survival server.

I had just said that in the post before yours...

Kidd2000

I want to make sure that the idea is hammered into your mind so you don't flip-flop.    :)