Deep Internet

Started by bb25565, November 12, 2013, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb25565

It has come to my attention that the "Deep Internet" is becoming more wildly known and explored. Some of you may have no clue what I am talking about, some of you may. The "Deep Internet" is 75% of the online data, that is currently un-accessible via Google chrome, fire fox, safari, etc., etc., etc., that is usually about things that don't need to be expressed on the non-"Deep Internet": Hacking forums, black marked, so on and so forth. Maybe where you live you have never heard the phrase or it isn't being brought up at all, in which case this post does not apply to you. The reason i am telling you this is to warn you!!!! Being a fellow programmer(among other things) i can tell you that there are extremely harmful viruses, rats, trojans, etc.  out there that could steel all your information, or in some cases, i shit you not, literally make your HDD's start smoking. So if you know nothing about it and what to wander on down the silk road, don't!

If you've no idea what i am talking about, don't bother commenting; if you do I would express you to do so.

Ty, pl0x, hugs, kisses, much love, yata yata, bye!
Fawkes
\(^~^)/  I have voted myself fabulous.

Juwayyid

Thanks for looking out for us BB!  Glad to have you back!

BTW, I may be mistaken, but would I be if I asked you how the wedding went?  I believe it was you who said you were getting married a while back, no?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bb25565

Indeed! The wedding went spectacular, thank your for asking. I will post pictures if requested, but not yet. I am quite the security freak so to speak, and I am working on a proxy browser I can use(for purposes outside of this particular forum). Regardless the wadding was fantastic!  ;D 
Fawkes

Juwayyid

Hey!  Pictures would be pretty sweet!  Glad things went well, you sound real positive about it, so in guessing things in the marriage life have been good.  Glad to see you doing good BB!

So, I'm not familiar with the term Deep Internet, but I agree with everything you've said.  There really needs to be some Internet common sense taught in schools these days to avoid such things happening.  Too many people just click whatever looks appealing and screw themselves over.

What kind if programming do you do?  Ever do anything for minecraft?  (It'd be great to have some programmers able to create some custom styles of gameplay!)
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

shhh thats where i get my good stuff from sHhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

and wb hope the honeymon was awwweeesome. aww yeahhhhh

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bb25565

@Juwayyid I am proficient and fluent in Java, Java Script and i am learning C+. I have not done anything for minecraft although it does sound fun and i am willing to try!

@Skitty Ahhhh uhhh *cough cough* are you uhhh Legion or uhhh do you ever Forgive, uhhhh OH do you ever Forget?  ;)

P.S. Expect us... or just me... that's fine.
Fawkes

Skitty

i have no legion. i do forgive and i totally forget. dont expect me ever.... to be on time.

-edit- awesome avatar. :D

Herobrine

very interesting to know. and those viruses out there are menaces and are very malicious. i do not approve of them. i wonder why people even made viruses

but overall, i agree

bren4q

Quote from: bb25565 on November 12, 2013, 08:55:01 PM
The "Deep Internet" is 75% of the online data, that is currently un-accessible via Google chrome, fire fox, safari, etc., etc., etc., that is usually about things that don't need to be expressed on the non-"Deep Internet": Hacking forums, black marked, so on and so forth.
Are you suggesting that this 75% of online data is mostly about hacking and illicit activities? Because you may be getting two terms mixed up.

Deep Web is a term used for this huge volume of non-indexed data. This is often information or pages stored in databases which the likes of Google cannot search. It has no direct link to hacking/viri/trojans. Most of it is just random data - probably pictures or videos of cats.

Darknet is a term used to describe a less accessible network, usually peer-to-peer, that would often carry illegal or harmful material. But they are tiny in comparison to the rest of the online data.

Yes, there is tons of data out there which we might never be able to find, but only a tiny portion of it is bad stuff.
Surplus to requirements

bb25565

What I have come to know is that the darknet is a deeper part of the deep internet. Why would someone would someone put it on the deep internet if isn't illegal or harmful in some way. I'm not that good at explaining it but I going to ad some out sours info later on, right now i have... work -.-
Fawkes

bren4q

Quote from: bb25565 on November 13, 2013, 07:19:17 AM
Why would someone would someone put it on the deep internet if isn't illegal or harmful in some way.
For privacy, or security, or for most cases - it's just the way the data is stored.
Search engines are good at crawling through web pages of static data. They are not good at crawling through databases.

If you tried to do a Google search for a list of flights arriving at a particular airport tomorrow you probably wouldn't get any flight information. But if you go to that airport's website and look up flight times you can see all of the information presented there on a web page. This is dynamically created which makes it difficult for search engines to index it. The data isn't harmful in any way, it is just that it requires a specific method to access it. There is bound to be huge amounts of this type of data out there.

That's not to say that all of it is benign. Just that of the 75% that you mentioned, only a tiny fraction of it would be harmful.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

just like mabimods.net or ciceromari. both sites i run are set to be searchable within the site but not outside the sites. epvp a game hacking website is also the same way. while the main site is index-able much of the underside is un-index-able. Insomniac servers could be like that but its a gaming group so i want it to be open to the general public minus posting and viewing profiles.

what you are referring to is commonly known as the darknet. tor. etc etc etc (bren pointed this out). places i learned some of the skills i utilize to keep you and other players safe from morons who think they can try and fuck with us.

i learned much of my googlefu there. the darknet while a scary place can also be very educational and helpful if you know where to look.

bb25565

That is if you know how and lmao Googlefu, how clever.
Fawkes

Skitty

one more thing jackie
Magic must defeat magic