Christmas Season Build Off

Started by Jahona, November 19, 2013, 10:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

Thank you everyone who particpated in this build of.  There were several awsome builds but only one can win.  And without further adieu; the winners are?

[spoiler]
1) Kesteve
Please get in touch with me on how to claim your prize.

Runner Ups

Tied for Second:  Trixton and Juwayyid.

3) Emperor Quimby  - With also one of the most Egotistical builds.

Honorable Mention:

Butlerbandit for using players into the theme.  I really enjoyed your build on a nostalgia level.
MissVixiy your build was simple but the lights in the tree were a nice touch.
Krawkyz seek therapy.
[/spoiler]

Theme
The Twelve Days of Christmas

What do I win?
A gift of your choice from Steam or Mojang to the value of $60

When is it due?
Builds must be completed by December 20th

Where do I make it?
Your choice - either in Classic or Retail

Who can join?
Any registered member!

Yes, it is yet another building contest, Like the Halloween one but colder!
Christmas is coming and we just celebrated our 2nd anniversary of Insomniac Servers. So I thought it would be good to have a Christmas themed contest because there are lots of things that can be made for it.

Providing there are enough people who enter the contest and complete a themed build, there will be a prize to the value of $60. This can be a Minecraft gift code, a Steam gift code.

Builds must be completed in time for Christmas. A winner will be picked on the evening of Friday December 20th. I will be the only judge so that means that everyone can enter, no matter how high a rank you are. (For now, the classic server maps are restricted to EpicBuilder to stop the noobs going there and building completely random stuff like hotels!)

People can build in either Classic or Retail.

-On Classic please build on your own map and screen shot your entry.
-On Creative (retail) there will be a special map and warp.  Use warp Christmas. The map is a flat map so pick a free spot somewhere and build there.  Please leave room between other players builds.  When your done with your build put a screenshot of it and the coordinates in this post to show you entered.

Conditions
- You must build alone.
- If there are less than 4 decent builds made for the contest I reserve the right to give a prize of lesser value.
- Builds must be created new. Previous builds cannot be used as entries.
- Builds should not be copied from things that other people made, like this post was copied from Bren4q.
- Any messing around or modifying other people's builds is grounds for disqualification and a dutch rub.

Any questions, just ask.
Best of luck!
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

sifitis

Just have to ask. Is the house shown in the build-off banner the one from Mount Evercraft?

Krawkyz

"- Any messing around or modifying other people's builds is grounds for disqualification and a dutch rub."

Eviction Notice.
Please remove this message within 30 days.

Jahona

Ask Juwayyid he made the banner.  As for the dutch rub.  I copied Bren's old Halloween build off post and made changes. I suppose he is still offering the dutch rub?
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

kesteve

So there is only one round for this buildoff then? Or do we have to create 12 builds, one for each day? ^_^
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Juwayyid

I don't think the rules say anywhere how many builds there must be.  It's probably your choice how many you wish to submit.

As for rounds, there is only one round.  All builds have to be done by the 20th.  Make one great one or several great ones!

And yes, that is momma Evercraft's house!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Butlerbandit

One quick question about the buildoff; what texture pack should we be using? Can we make our builds with a certain texture pack in mind, or do we have to use the default texture pack?
Held Together by Duct Tape

Jahona

One submission. Your build can be multiple things but you can only submit it as one.  If you build 12 things that's still 1 build submission.

Jahona

You may use any texture pack. Shaders do not count

Juwayyid

Will it be judged in that pack and would we just leave a sign at the build saying which pack it is?  Or are creative builders also submitting through pictures?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jahona

Yes if your submitting a build in a special texture pack then I need to know what it is or I'll judge it in the default one.  When your done with your build put a screenshot of it and the coordinates in this post to show you entered.

bren4q

I will be mightily surprised if there are any entries made on Classic. Maybe Daymon will enter. I don't know of anyone else who still builds on classic and keeps up with the forums.

Unfortunately I will not be available to administer the aforementioned Dutch rubs.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Ah man now I have to figure out a new punishment for messing with other players builds.  Do we still have that moat with electric eels?

Juwayyid

We do, but but with all the budget cuts we had this past year we didn't have enough to feed the eels, so it's just a most of floating, non-lethal, but still creepy, dead eels.

Ejay845

Hai :D
Question, "-On Classic please build on your own map and screen shot your entry."
Eeeee, what if you don't have your own map still? Could I build on my rank's map (e.g. Adv1)
[spoiler][/spoiler]