Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by Ejay845, November 28, 2013, 01:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejay845

Welp I have finished doing long hours of community service, sung people to sleep and visited almost all friends and some family. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

P.S. I've always known Juwwayid and Skitty were secretly Indian! :P

Joking, but I'm pretty sure Juwwayid admitted to it before xD *Indian Fist Of Brotherhood Thing Action*

Songs:D ~
Cave Story Dubstep Remix By B4SSfreq
Cave Story (B4SSfreq Remix) [Free Download]

Polaris Cave Story Remix
Polaris [The Cave Story Remix]

Cave Story Remix- Vemix
Cave Story Theme Remixed: Vemix - Quote from the Surface

Cave Story Orchestral
Cave Story - Theme Orchestra

Sorry I've just decided to go check back at some cave story stuffs :P
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

A Thousand Miles
Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles

-----------
P.P.S. Check this out and let me know your thoughts :D I haven't posted anything lately because its still the internet xD Forgive me I'm in "those years we all remember most." :) I'm going to try to be apart of the Christmas Buildoff For a chance to win Minecraft beta and play more :D

The Link To Check Out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xxDetectiveJxx
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Emperor_Quimby

You americans and your Thanksgiving...

gtracebike1

Don't think Australia celebrates Thanksgiving :P

But have to say out of those songs, A thousand Miles was the best.
it's called IRONC

sifitis

Awww, are we a little bit jealous, Emperor??

I understand. Thanksgiving IS pretty epic...

Butlerbandit

@Emperor

You guys don't have any form of Harvest Festival or anything over there?
All thanksgiving really is is American harvest festival.
Held Together by Duct Tape

Kidd2000

It's basically like any other american day except this time you don't hate yourself from eating an entire turkey leg coated in butter and wrapped in bacon. Thank you Ron...

Juwayyid

The Danish have Mikkelsday, which is their harvest festival in September.

However they have a more similar holiday called Morten's Evening, in a week. 

Morten was a man who did not want to be Bishop, so he hid among some geese in a barn.  The geese, being geese, were loud and have away his location so on that day he declared a special day for the slaughtering and eating of geese.

Damn geese.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Ejay845

Quote from: Juwayyid on November 28, 2013, 06:47:47 PM

Morten was a man who did not want to be Bishop, so he hid among some geese in a barn.  The geese, being geese, were loud and have away his location so on that day he declared a special day for the slaughtering and eating of geese.

Damn geese.
*slowly nods* I love you Juwayyid xD
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jaysers

My Thanksgiving meal is delicious. I help myself with a healthy serving of words, grammar-error free! Each serving is full of nutritious information, from personal life experience seasonings to cultural difference protein. I top it all off with a thick coat of BS that's chock full of personal hardship sodium.
I drink some refreshing hopelessness ginger ale to help me choke this all down.

Ahh tis a wonderful Thanksgiving indeed...

I'm spending my Thanksgiving typing up my college essay. On a positive note, Thanksgiving dinner is cooking as I type :D
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: Ejay845 on November 28, 2013, 06:57:20 PM
Quote from: Juwayyid on November 28, 2013, 06:47:47 PM

Damn geese.
*slowly nods* I love you Juwayyid xD

True story

Yes we have Mortens aften

Also! funny enough you know about Mikkel's day juw, we don't talk much about it because it's basic the judgement over man that get judged that day.

If it's windy that day, the farmers are going to have a good harvest year... if it's silent... we're all doomed.

But it was the 29 september from 2 months now (Mikkel's day) and It was windy, so Mikkel haven't got nothing on us Danes (Mikkel: the angel who say if you're going to heaven or hell.)

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on November 29, 2013, 06:50:23 AM
If it's windy that day, the farmers are going to have a good harvest year... if it's silent... we're all doomed.

I see your strange Danish holiday, and raise you one stranger American Holiday:

Groundhog Day (February 2nd), the day on which Americans ask a groundhog in the town of Punxsutawny Pennsylvania if winter will end then or last six more weeks. If the groundhog casts a shadow, then winter continues for six more weeks. If no shadow is seen, it's spring.
Held Together by Duct Tape