Servers Updated for 1.7.2 and 1.7.4

Started by Jahona, January 06, 2014, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Is the survival server going to be completely reset - map, items, money, etc.?
I assume there will be plenty of advance warning before something like that happens. I'd like to go on a spending spree with my hard-earned money.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

There was a broadcast message that was on the server as part of the auto message system.  It was also discussed in length with the current players while in Team Speak. 
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Quote from: darthjahona on January 07, 2014, 11:29:31 AM
It was also discussed in length with the current players while in Team Speak.
Good call. As long as the clique got notified that's the important thing. Fuck everyone else who lives in time zones where using Teamspeak during the night is not practical.
Surplus to requirements

Juwayyid

Bren, if we be realistic and not anti team speak here then we would see that the clique were the only ones active, participating, and involved with survival.  It's not like we are appealing to them solely.  They were truly the only ones who had any participation in the server lately.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Fair enough. Maybe word of mouth on TS managed to inform most of the people who took an interest in survival about the wipe. If it hasn't caught too many people by surprise then that's good.

It is the increasing trend of relying on TS that's frustrating. It started months ago with small changes not being announced on the forums, then other games were being organised (e.g. Magicka, WarFrame, etc.) which were never broadcast on the forums, and has finally culminated into this - the biggest change of all - not even getting a mention.
The fact that nobody sees any problem with relying entirely on TS as the primary method of communication is worrying. It just means that this will continue and non-TS users will continue to be marginalized.
Surplus to requirements