Creative Ranks - Help create them!

Started by Juwayyid, January 16, 2014, 12:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

My ideas for rank permissions and requirements. Rank names not relevant at this time.

All ranks
[spoiler]Permissions
- Can use /gm
- Can visit other worlds
- Can use /tp[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Permissions
- 1 plot
- Cannot spawn any mob types
- Can build on plot world only, cannot build on other worlds

Requirements for the rank
- Owns Minecraft[/spoiler]

Builder Rank 1
[spoiler]Permissions
- 3 plots
- Can use mob eggs
- Can build on plot world only, cannot build on other worlds

- Basic application on forum
OR
- Makes 1 decent build (e.g. looks like it would take 30 mins to build)[/spoiler]

Builder Rank 2
[spoiler]Permissions
- Can build on any world
- WorldEdit (400 block limit, permission -worldedit.limit.400)

- Noticeably active in game
- Makes 3 good builds or equivalent (e.g. approx 5 hours build time)[/spoiler]

Builder Rank 3
[spoiler]Permissions
- WorldEdit (16000 block limit, permission -worldedit.limit.16000)
- VoxelSniper

- Very active in game
- Makes something impressive (e.g. approx 10 hours build time)
- Applies on forum with screenshots
[/spoiler]

Builder Rank 4
[spoiler]Permissions
- WorldEdit (32000 block limit, permission -worldedit.limit.32000)
- Access to Command blocks (Op?)

- Very active with regular play time for at least 3 months
- Consistently makes great things (e.g. approx 30 hours build time)
- Applies on forum with screenshots[/spoiler]

Donor perk
[spoiler]Permissions
- Keeps existing rank
- /nick access
- Access to upload/download shematic files via Dropbox (or similar)
- Usual SMP benefiets

- $10 donation
[/spoiler]

Staff Rank 1
[spoiler]Permissions
- mute, kick, tempban, ban
- /nick access
- Can promote people up to Builder Rank 2

- Mature, calm, active
- Good technical knowledge - good with commands, understands the basics of ranks/permission
- Active on forums
- Supports the community with ways to improve things
- Alerts other staff when there are problems (grief, glitches, crashes, etc.)
- Promotes the community on external forums and advertisements
[/spoiler]

Staff Rank 2
[spoiler]Permissions
- All

- Owns the server
[/spoiler]
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

Triple post madness!!
My ideas for rank names to suit the rank system above:

Guest - Guest
Sleeper - Builder Rank 1
Drifter - Builder Rank 2
NightOwl - Builder Rank 3
Insomniac - Builder Rank 4
Nightwatch - Staff Rank 1
Owner - Staff Rank 2

Notes:
- I don't think "Guest" needs an alternative name. It is better to keep things simple for teh noobs.
- "Insomniac" may be seen as the best/highest rank, but it is a waste to use that for the Owner rank seeing as owner is unachievable. It is better to have the highest builder rank as "Insomniac" since it makes it more desirable, and it is still appropriate because it will take many late nights to accomplish builds and skills for that level.
- "Nightwatch" has both a night theme and authority/security theme.
- "Owner" is just owner because it helps when this is clear for people with server queries. Also, I can't think of another word that would suit :P  Open to suggestions.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

BRILLIANT. Love it. Print it. Make it happen.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Juwayyid

I like it.  Nice an organized.  I agree that keeping guest rank as guest will help to clear confusion.  I think the permissions and how to rank up work well.  We originally said 6 ranks and this is only 5, yet it all flows smoothly and I believe will satisfy.

I'm for what Bren has suggested here, however it would be neat to give "owner" a neat name too, like Kidd suggested "Sandman."

Anyone else agree or disagree?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Quote from: Juwayyid on January 17, 2014, 12:53:54 PM
I'm for what Bren has suggested here, however it would be neat to give "owner" a neat name too, like Kidd suggested "Sandman."
Yep. +1 on Sandman for Owner.
Surplus to requirements

Skitty

personally i think it should all be levels of sexslaves. but thats just me.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

pusur44017

sifitis

hmm, if we keep guest and owner the same, I'm cool with it. The problem I had before was the confusion regarding noob-authority communication.

another +1 for Bren's idea.

Saracalia

Bren, with you ranks, have them named after the same as the classic servers or something similar

Guest > Builder Rank 1
Builder > Builder Rank 2
ProBuilder > Builder Rank 3
AdvBuilder > Builder Rank 4
EliteBuilder > Builder Rank 5 (Donator)
Operator > Staff Rank 1 (Server Moderator)
SuperOP > Staff Rank 2 (Server Administrators) or Sandman as this rank is usually for the server owners

It is only a suggestion with names, and I would completely go with bren4q's idea.

Jaysers

With the donor rank, should there be anything noticeable that comes along with the rank (other than /nick command) like a color change or should donors be somewhat like anonymous information, with no one knowing who donated and who didn't? Those who donated get a different rank on survival. How would it be set for creative?

For Staff, would it be possible for someone who currently has, in Bren's rank set, Builder rank 2 or 3 to suddenly jump to staff? Or is it gradual as in you go up each rank at a time? Staff is a rank that requires a lot of responsibility and trust more than skills in building/creating, in my opinion.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Juwayyid

That's true Jay.  I'd say being around long enough to rank all the way to the top would that player has followed rules, played respectfully, and is dedicated to the server. 

I would say its more of a matter of trust as well though.  It would be up to current staff to decide if a player will be good for the job depending on many factors, like responsibility, maturity, dedication, etc. 

I don't know that donors need there own rank as buying your way to the top is corrupt, so maybe we should find some more benefits.  Statues at spawn or some special donor village to build in?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Jaysers

No no I didn't mean a donor gets a higher rank than anyone. Like Bren listed, the only benefits a donor would get on Creative would be the /nick command. I was asking if a donor should have any recognition or not.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Juwayyid

Anyone know of titles like we had on classic are possible on creative?  (Not rank titles, but custom, nickname titles that don't change your username but allow you to be called something like [Drifter]KingofCastles-Thrash393)

Krawkyz

Quote from: Juwayyid on January 17, 2014, 05:38:26 PM
Anyone know of titles like we had on classic are possible on creative?  (Not rank titles, but custom, nickname titles that don't change your username but allow you to be called something like [Drifter]KingofCastles-Thrash393)
Yes those are possible, but takes a bit of work.

TheAlmightyVance

I think a veteran rank would be nice, a cool name for it could be Insomnia (which means cant sleep). These people would get all the ranks/perms after Builder Rank 4.