Creative Ranks - Help create them!

Started by Juwayyid, January 16, 2014, 12:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sifitis

Currently, we actually have 3 staff ranks; Moderator (I believe there are four of us), Admin (of which Juwayyid is currently the only one), and Owner. Do we then consolidate moderator and admin to make it just 2 staff ranks?

Also, while we're on the subject of change, can we please get the Button at the top of the screen on the main forums page changed from "Minecraft Beta" to "Minecraft Official Release" or something more...not 2 years out of date?

kesteve

I have a few questions about the ranking builds required.

For 'NightOwl' (Elite)
    Normally Classic allowed previous builds to be used in the application. Would builds created for events/occasions such as buildoffs, spawns etc, be able to be used in the application?

For 'Insomniac' (Ultra)
    Will this rank require using only builds not used in the previous rank applications or can you use previous builds similar to the elite application?
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Juwayyid

I would say you cannot reuse builds to apply from rank to rank, however special event builds would deffinately be allowed to use.

At this, where or how will we set up the ranks for all current members?  Give them night owl so that keep their world edit and voxel, yet give them room to rank up?
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

MeatFeastMan

Why don't VIP's be assessed from their builds for a rank, but still get World Edit and Voxel, regardless? Just a thought. Cause then, their ability will be on par with the requirements of that rank.

Krawkyz

What would be the criteria for such an assessment Meat?

MeatFeastMan

Idk...Just think, are their builds good enough for this rank? Anyways, me and juw are doing build examples, so that should help give an estimate of where people should be placed. Of course though, this is just a thought.

Krawkyz

I was just trying to point out the idea that we need more a criteria rather than a "build time" assessment.

Jaysers

Just spectacular builds shouldn't be the only criteria for the top high ranks, in my opinion. You could be extremely skilled in building but be a complete jackass towards other players. The higher rank you are, the more you represent the servers. Not to mention people might ask you for advice on how to use a certain style or help with some other things.
To sum it up: a high/"vip" rank shows that a player has responsibility and a decent attitude when it comes to other players and assisting them. (and good builds, I suppose..)
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Juwayyid

Very true Jay.  Players should be all around DESERVING the rank.  Good builds, good additudes, good participation. 

Certain players at the moment are at the VIP rank whe really they don't need to be there not deserve to be there.  Some have never even built anything! Maybe when we do release these ranks we should open a poll and have players decide themselves where they should stand.  If their opinion is valid, there would be no problems.  Just be honest with yourself and us.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

bren4q

Build quality is hard to measure. It is very subjective. What is "good", or "excellent", or "epic" or "spectacular"? It is hard to get a consistent idea of what is good.

So I just added build time as a very rough guideline to estimate the amount of effort that went into building. It is not intended that people actually record the time spent, or say "Hey, I spent 10 hours making this, rank me up please." If you look at something and think - "Wow. That must have taken at least 10 solid hours of building to make" then that's a good indication that it is indeed very good. If someone makes a box and it took them 5 hours, you know that it should only have taken 5 minutes, therefore it is not good.

Having some build examples of "good", "great", "epic", etc. would possibly be a better criteria but that takes some extra preparation.
Surplus to requirements