Classic Is Boss - Tornados

Started by ZEON_ARGUS, February 15, 2014, 02:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEON_ARGUS

Recently, I made a tornado center column. When I decided to test it, it worked great.
However, WOM is unstable and I cannot view it running or else it will crash WOM.

You can watch what two clips I have here of it running --> http://youtu.be/pUKvfoxNWcs
--Note that the running sides of the Tornado are  glitchy, that's WOM unable to process it.

This is exciting to me and I will be adding new particle fields to it. However it will only spin and nothing else since
these are the only commands I currently have access to. I will enjoy coming back to the server to continue
building. Later as I continue to build and hopefully rank up, I want to add suction to it and death once I have access to the commands.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, because I really suck at uploading them.

Juwayyid

Wow, I didn't know something like that was possible!  It looks pretty cool!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

ZEON_ARGUS

No it shouldn't kill the server. McForge has built in overload physics, so it should stop before it becomes too much for the map. Oh, and overloading a specific map cannot kill the server because it runs on an entirely different but parallel string - so if the string catches an exception it stops and breaks only the map its on. - Your welcome for the clarification :D

- Oh and I think a new map should be made because I'm filling up the guest map fast with a new large project as well - an earthquake!

Skitty

i stand by my statement dont kill the server.

Balthizar01

Skitty is right to be cautious. With the version of MCForge that the server is running on, that could very well crash the server. Yes, MCForge does has a system that should prevent that..... but that is in a later version of the software which is no longer available.

So as Skitty said....be careful with that.

Skitty

i know the limits of the machine and the programs they run. i know forge gets wonky when heavy physics is put into place. Regardless of the safety protocols in place i have seen it crash numerous times.

dont. kill. the. server.

Quote from: Balthizar01 on February 18, 2014, 07:00:17 PM
Skitty is right to be cautious. With the version of MCForge that the server is running on, that could very well crash the server. Yes, MCForge does has a system that should prevent that..... but that is in a later version of the software which is no longer available.

So as Skitty said....be careful with that.

thanks for the backup

Saracalia

Can I attempt to crash either classic servers?

Though I might fail as guest or builder!

ZEON_ARGUS

So wait, which version of McForge are you running on?

Skitty

i took the source they had online and ive been modifying that to remove many of the stupid features that used to check with the mcforge servers as well as upped the heartbeats sent

ZEON_ARGUS

Good job with the removal. I've been editing McForge 5.5.12 for testing purposes and have removed most things. Good to know about the server though, thx for responding.

Balthizar01

ZEON, are you using the last update that MCForge came out with before we closed? If not, I can get that last patch for you.

ZEON_ARGUS

Uh no actually. I would like the last patch very much if you can. It would help me greatly. Please reply with a link. Thank you.

Balthizar01