MWC - upcoming plans and videos!

Started by Juwayyid, February 26, 2014, 08:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juwayyid

Hey all!

So MWC hasn't uploaded anything since before Christmas.  I've been far too busy the past 2 months at the place I work to do any minecrafting really.  So sorry about that!

But the good news is, I think we are taking Miners Who Craft in a new direction!  Focussing on quality rather than just getting a videos out, as we always should have been doing.  So with that said, here are the plans set in place so far.

An epic, dramatic series
This will be our primary goal in the coming months.  I have been hard at work writing a very dynamic story that I feel will really bring us a larger number of followers.  The story will be somewhat of a rip off of Kingdom Hearts, but will also be at a level of epic story telling that I have yet to be seen in a minecraft series.  Producing this will be different as previous projects as well.  I hope to set up schedules and timings so that we can be certain we have the number of people needed for the correct scenes on whatever days we decide to shoot.  For actors, this means setting aside time in your day to dedicate to filming with us.  A problem we've had too many times in the past was not enough actors, and this always damages the final product.  More info on this idea soon as the script is finalized!

Beloved video game series
Here I thought we ought to do a series of short episodes each week as filler while the epic is being produced.  I have two ideas here- a Pixelmon comical series or a Majoras Mask series.  The Pixelmon series will be very fun to produce and is a very relevant topic.  If successful we can event open a series themed server and bring in some new members.  As for the majoras mask series, it would be a recreation of the game in minecraft, telling the story will cool effects and details.  Would be harder to do, still fun, and could also generate some interest.

On top of these ideas I'd still like to continue silly holiday shorts and another fake diamond generator.

So any thought?  Any ideas to add or build on?  (Please try and participate here Insomniac!  Our servers have been far too dead lately!  Ask questions, post ideas, work together!)
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

gtracebike1

That sounds great Juw :D

Both a gaming series and a dramatic series will attract two different types of crowds.
it's called IRONC

Juwayyid

That's my hope!

I think doing the Pixelmon series is a far easier bet in current circumstances, so sll you guys who know a lot about Pokemon, get ready to help a lot cause I don't know much about Pokemon!
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

gtracebike1

Not only do I love Pokemon, but pixelmon is one of my favorite minecraft mods. I think a pixelmon series will be great and don't worry Juw, we can teach you, I think :P
it's called IRONC

Emperor_Quimby

I have 6 actors/players who are willing to atleast go for one project, in the deal if they get a commercial for a RPG map.

players know as:
JumJum
Soul
Lizze
minimark33
Tori
Tristian
and
Wraith Thein

Two of these knows teamspeak, but I don't know them good enough to know if the rest do too. I only build with them, also with a guy named johnny, maybe he's willing too.

sifitis

hmm...if we're going to borrow ideas from Kingdom Hearts, then it might not be a bad idea to hide references or possibly a logo here or there.  Shows that we recognize the similarity and are giving credit where credit is due and whatnot. Just an idea.

Juwayyid

Haha, that would be good

Anyone have problems with freeing up their schedules for dedotated film time?

Juwayyid

So to test a scheduling system, I'm going to post a date and time and of you could leave a reply letting me know if you can be there, that would be terrific!

Date: Saturday March 22 and Sunday March 23

Time: 10am - 2pm CST both days

Place:  Creative server and Teamspeak

These dates are sudden, so I understand if you have plans, just let me hear from you all soon!

sifitis

ooh, Ill be there, I...oh...

(missed it by THAT much)

Juwayyid

Alright, so here is Episode one to our Pixelmon Pokemon series.  Hope you all enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjAM5IcHoTA&list=UU6k0kxht_vDjKXMGDdN5CRg