The list of ranks are as follows:

banned
builder
probuilder   << *
epicbuilder  << *
advbuilder
vetbuilder
elitebuilder

*Why are these ranks below advbuilder? Laugh Out Loud! Seriously though, I want to find out the story behind this - its what makes the classic server still very interesting. Please respond If anyone knows about this.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

EvilGeniuses

No one knows

Legend has it that there's still someone out there trying to decrypt the meaning behind the placement of the ranks. It could be a secret message. It could be a tip that leads to a conspiracy plot.

MYSTERIES EVERYWHERE whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

MrFantasticalism

MYSTERIES, NIGHTMARES, ORGAN DONATION. All of these are still an Insomniac mystery
NO TEARS NOW, ONLY DREAMS!!

Skitty

Quote from: ZEON_ARGUS on April 07, 2014, 07:06:14 PM
[spoiler]The list of ranks are as follows:

banned
builder
probuilder   << *
epicbuilder  << *
advbuilder
vetbuilder
elitebuilder

*Why are these ranks below advbuilder? Laugh Out Loud! Seriously though, I want to find out the story behind this - its what makes the classic server still very interesting. Please respond If anyone knows about this.[/spoiler]

because they were newer ranks. so they where lower ranks then adv.

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bren4q

The classic server started in 2010 with Guest, Builder, AdvBuilder, Op and SuperOp.

AdvBuilder was a big leap up from Builder with lots of commands. New players were still quite nooby so an extra rank was needed to fill the gap between Builder and AdvBuilder. The owner of the server at the time chose to call it "EpicBuilder" even though "Epic" sounds like it is higher than "Advanced". The owner at the time wasn't into the whole consultation process so that's what he called it and we just had to deal with it.

As Minecraft Classic became more popular and more people played, the emphasis gradually changed from "I build for fun" to "I build for rank". More ranks were needed to offer a bigger challenge and to differentiate the skill level of the hundreds of players that passed through the servers. I added a low level builder rank and an ultra high level builder rank. The builder rank had to sound better than Builder but not as good as Epic or Advanced, so I went with ProBuilder. EliteBuilder was an obvious choice for the high builder rank. The rest is history.
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

pusur44017

Maybe constructiveness would've gotten you longer...?

-pusur

jwirth

It can also be a point of view that you have that makes you think that those ranks deserve to be lower, all my time on this server I have never had any problems with people questioning the rank system.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Saracalia

Ah, good times of the classic...

Besides, that is how the classic servers has been with the ranks. Back in PK times, and still to this day.

Is1

Ahh PK days. I remember those days. I was commonly called PK3.
But Bren4q is correct about the rankings and the history behind them. I doubt the ranking system will ever change.