Tekkit Server: Tekkit 1.2.9e

Started by Jahona, April 24, 2014, 03:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnbarn122

Quote from: Krawkyz on May 03, 2014, 10:12:47 AM
Quote from: barnbarn122 on May 02, 2014, 02:49:17 PM
Could we get more /sethome 's?
2 would be nice, in case you would want to have a secondary base in another dimension or something..

And also, I believe we have solved a problem we ran into

Do not attempt to plant rubber saplings or else it crashes the server and it needs to be manually restarted. And the person who planted them has to be on the server by themselves and destroy the saplings themselves.

Is there another stable release that the server can be upgraded to?
Please do some research beforehand. It makes everything nicer.
First off, darth changed the home limit.
Secondly, that "rubber saplings" issue was disguised merely as a harvester issue. The harvester did not have "Jungle Wood" enabled (default) yet tried to break Jungle Wood. This crashed the server. It's been fixed, and rubber saplings have no issue. The only reason I ever suggested rubber saplings crashed the server was because of the last server we were on "claiming" it crashed them. There is no evidence to say that rubber saplings crash servers.
As well, the latest Recommended build is 1.2.8e. The latest Beta Build is broken and crashes servers with ease.

1: Sethome limit still isn't fixed, I still cannot set more homes.
and 2: I'm not able to play all weekend and I dont pay attention in TS or to in game chat. So if something was said I either wasn't online or wasn't paying attention.

Jaysers

Quote from: barnbarn122 on May 05, 2014, 08:09:45 PM
... and I dont pay attention in TS or to in game chat. So if something was said I either wasn't online or wasn't paying attention.

"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

TheAlmightyVance

Jaysers

"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

haze_storm15

\
2 would be nice, in case you would want to have a secondary base in another dimension or something..

Do not attempt to plant rubber saplings or else it crashes the server and it needs to be manually restarted. And the person who planted them has to be on the server by themselves and destroy the saplings themselves.

Secondly, that "rubber saplings" issue was disguised merely as a harvester issue. The harvester did not have "Jungle Wood" enabled (default) yet tried to break Jungle Wood. This crashed the server. It's been fixed, and rubber saplings have no issue. The only reason I ever suggested rubber saplings crashed the server was because of the last server we were on "claiming" it crashed them. There is no evidence to say that rubber saplings crash servers.
As well, the latest Recommended build is 1.2.8e. The latest Beta Build is broken and crashes servers with ease.

and 2: I'm not able to play all weekend and I dont pay attention in TS or to in game chat. So if something was said I either wasn't online or wasn't paying attention.
See the problem is barnbarn that you have to be patient because darth and skitty are very busy people and they do there best to get stuff done while living there lives. So could you try and wait and not complain about it because there working on it. Just hold up and wait it takes time.

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

bren4q

Someone takes the time to report a small problem and gets told that it is not a problem, so he simply re-states that he is still having an issue and everyone then jumps in to post pointless crap. Very helpful guys. Well done.

1. @Tekkit admins: Should the server allow more than 1 home, or is it intentionally set to only allow 1 home?

2. @barnbarn: Exactly what are you typing when trying to set multiple homes and what happens when you do?

I have no experience with Tekkit server config so I'm not sure where to look. But in the absence of anyone else trying to help I figured I'd give it a try.

In the essentials config it showed that the default number of homes was 6, so I assume the server admins intended to allow that many homes. I couldn't see PermissionsEx or any other plugin for managing ranks and permissions. I have no idea if Tekkit has its own system, but if it doesn't have its own perms then the server will probably use the basic permissions systems that Essentials provides. And in that basic system there was no permission included for sethome.multiple, which is required when you want to allow people to set more than 1 home. I have added this to the essentials config and reloaded it. See if it works now barnbarn.
Surplus to requirements

pusur44017

There are two ranks on tekkit, deafault and opped. This is because tekkit is very resource deamanding as it is, and more plugins will only make it more unstable. The server is MCPC+, which means it has bukkit fuctionability. Tekkit should not work in on plugins and vice versa unless they are specific bukkit tekkit plugins.

-pusur

P.S I think more than 1 home is fair. 6 is an allright limit.

Jahona

Pusur is correct.  I've attempted to just change the default home limit in the plugin's config file but for some reason it will not work.  I'm going to have to write a permissions system in order to get multiple homes and then test it's compatibility with Forge mods.  The day I thought I would have to work on this problem got filled up with more pressing matters.  I'm going to attempt to figure it out soon but no promises.
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Quote from: pusur44017 on May 09, 2014, 08:20:28 AM
The server is MCPC+, which means it has bukkit fuctionability. Tekkit should not work in on plugins and vice versa unless they are specific bukkit tekkit plugins.
See my post above.
If Essentials is currently installed and working then it *may* be using it's own basic permissions system which is in the Essentials config.yml. I have made an addition there which might add the ability for extra homes. Can someone please test it and report back?
Surplus to requirements

Jahona

Square Cupcake tested it and was able to set multiple homes.

Did you just add sethome.multiple in the player-command section?
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

barnbarn122

Well I shot at the moon, as Skitty says, and I somehow crashed on the surface.
It was instant death as soon as the moon world loaded, and I was smart enough to take screenshots of my inventory right before launch. Everything was black and nothing showed up before I crashed

1 & 2:
The space ship carried everything and when it crashed I lost everything in it. I only had my powersuit and oxygen gear on. These are the things I want back the most: Oxygen Decompressor, Oxygen bubble distributor, Coal Generator,  Refinery (galacticraft), Fuel Loader, 2 large oxygen tanks, 1 small oxygen tank, Coal Generator, Flux Sword, and Power Fist ( 10 Solenoids, and 2 HV Capacitors )

3: What it looked like when I died and did /back. I found my power suit, as that was the only thing I was wearing (along with oxygen mask and tanks.) May I remind you I was looking at the minimap the whole time blindly jumping around in the crater) After I quickly googled 'why is the moon was pitch black', and it turns out night vision potion effect on Power Helmet completely makes you blind on the moon. I took that off and did /back again

4: What it looked like after everything was said and done

//too frustrated and lazy to proofread