Tekkit Feedback

Started by Butlerbandit, May 03, 2014, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butlerbandit

Ok, so we need some feedback from our tekkit players;

As it stands, the tekkit server currently has little in the way of rules or protection plugins.

We don't know if it should be kept that way.

If we keep the server in it's current semi-anarchical state, it will keep the server easy to maintain (as well as reduce the chances of the server crashing, more plugins = less stability). It should also be noted that players can still protect themselves with in-game mechanics. Strongboxes are fairly cheap to craft and can be used to safely store your items. Force fields can even be used to protect builds.

If we add grief and pvp protections as well as general rules, it will require quite a bit of work from Darth adding the plugins and configuring them. It should also be noted that because tekkit is considerably more complex than normal minecraft, there are a number of techniques and items that can bypass protections.

We need some feedback from our players who use the tekkit server; should we add rules or keep it free for all?
Held Together by Duct Tape

TheAlmightyVance

I believe that the Tekkit server should have a free for all, maybe have groups or factions if you could. It would be nice and fun to fight other groups since Tekkit has about 7+ stable players.

Butlerbandit

On Notice: until such time as we have decided if this will be a free-for-all server or a governed server, there will be no allowance for raiding, griefing or killing.
Held Together by Duct Tape

Juwayyid

Would it be easier to set up a Core Inspect or Hawkeye?  We can just say that Grief, PVP, Raiding and Killing will lead to a ban.  This way, if someone does grief we can simply look it up, see the proof, and take care of business.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

Krawkyz

Yes, CoreProtect should be installed. How well it will work in tekkit is beyond me, but I know it's compatible.

Jahona

Core Inspect, World Guard,  Anything else you guys are wanting on the bukkit side of things?
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Krawkyz

I don't think anything else would be necessary until we determined what kind of server it will be.

pusur44017

Someone has been stealing barnbarns things. Untill the server type is clarified, this is to stop at once. If we find out who has been doing this, measures will be taken. Core inspect should be installed as soon as possible.

-pusur