Insomniac Pokémon Battle Contest

Started by Glenn, July 11, 2014, 06:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Insomniac Pokémon Battle Contest

Aight, lemme explain what I mean by this, every now and then (maybe weekly, semi-weekly, monthly,...)
, we can have a pokémon contest, more precisely, a battling contest, I thought this was a good idea,
seeing how a large portion of our community is into pokémon, and it might be fun to battle it out against
each other, and see who's the best of us all!

Let's get this out there before I say anymore, all of what I type here is up for discussion, if you don't
like something, just go ahead and contact me, or just write a reply down ↓there↓ !

Let's get into the specifics of the idea I have in my head, let's start with how the contest will work,
we have quite a few options here, so let's start with the easy ones.

1.How will we do this? I mean, we don't all have the newest generation games and all that..
My Thoughts: We use "Pokémon Online", which is a great battle simulator that will fit all our needs perfectly
and can be downloaded here: http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/
(As for a server, if possible it'd be great if we could have one for the contest, if not, we can just use someone else's.

1.Single Battles (1v1) / Double Battles (2v2) / Triple Battles (3v3)

-My thoughts: I'd go with Single battles, and see how many people show up, if we have enough people, maybe
we can decide to de another format, or randomly select it or something, but I'd start with 1v1.

2.What level are the pokémon?

-My thoughts: Make every pokémon to lvl 50, no more, no less, just like Pokémon's official contests.

3.What tiers are allowed, and how many of the higher up tiers, do we go for completely banning Uber Pokémon
, or do we for example say everyone can have one Uber.

-Explenation: Tiers are a ranking system for pokémon, their placement in the tiers defines their potential
, usage and  overall potential, for more info and to see which pokémon is in which tier, check this link:
http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Tier_listings

-My Thoughts: I suggest Having Max. 1 Uber pokémon, and two overused pokémon, to keep it intresting that is,
if you don't agree, go ahead and tell me!

4.Themes, special rules, and so on.
-Explenation: for example, like pokémon is officially doing right now, a competition
with only eeveelutions (evelutions of eevee for those of you that don't know), maybe we can say only starters
, no Uber Pokémon, only Uber pokémon,  Only Underused pokémon, only pokémon who have a certain type, and so on
, this might be fun to make variation between the different contests.

-My Thoughts: We should gather as many ideas as we can for this, and decide together wich'd be the most fun,
maybe vote for the best one, but I'd start out with any pokémon obeying the other points :).

5.The actual contest, ranking, and so on.
-Explenation: How are we going to do this? Well, I made a chart so you (hopefully) understand!

as for rankings and things like that, seeing as it'd take another post this size, I'll just keep it the most
logic as possible, Win Win Win => N°1, Win Win Lose => N°2, Win Lose Win => N°3, and so on, I'll make sure myself
that this works out, and make informative graphics when needed :).

I think that's all, thanks for your time, can't wait for the feedback on this idea, and for this to hopefully become
reality!
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.