Thanksgiving Buildoff 2014

Started by Jahona, November 10, 2014, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jahona

Theme
Thanksgiving (American) Must include an environment.

What do I win?
Humble Indie Bundle 13

When is it due?
Builds must be completed by 11:59PM EST December 10th

Where do I make it?
Your choice - either in Classic or Retail

Who can join?
Any registered member! (Builder+)

Yes, it is yet another building contest!
After having an extra prize left over from the Halloween build off we are having another one to give out this awesome prize.

Builds must be completed by the due date. A winner will be picked shortly after the end time. Darthjahona will be the only judge so that means that everyone can enter, no matter how high a rank you are. (For now, the classic server maps are restricted to EpicBuilder to stop the noobs going there and building completely random stuff like hotels!)

People can build in either Classic or Retail.

-On Classic please build on your own map and screen shot your entry.

-On Creative (retail) there will be a special map and warp.  Use warp thanksgiving_2014 or use the Thanksgiving Board at /spawn. The map is a flat map so pick a free spot somewhere and build there.  Please leave room between other players builds.

When your done with your build put a screenshot of it and the coordinates in this post to show you entered.

Conditions
- You must build alone.

- Builds must be created new. Previous builds cannot be used as entries.

- Builds should not be copied from things that other people made, like this post was copied from sifitis who copied from darthjahona who copied it from Bren4q.

- Any messing around or modifying other people's builds is grounds for disqualification and- as is tradition- a dutch rub.

- Command blocks ARE allowed in builds on the creative server.  Ask any moderator to make it for you, but you must supply the command.  (The moderator will make the block, but you have to tell the moderator what to put in it!) If no moderators are availiable, PM us on the forums.

Any questions, just ask.
Best of luck!
Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Jahona

Here is an example submission:

Creator: sifitis

Description: A Halloween Thanksgiving pyramid.  I think it really summarizes how Halloween Thanksgiving is something we all build upon, to make each year better than the one before it and  blah blah blah...

Coordinates:
12345x 12345z

Pictures:

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

sifitis

Alright darth! Challenge accepted! Oh, I made a few changes to the example post and whipped up a quick banner for ya.

bren4q

Surplus to requirements

kesteve

Whenever possible, could someone change the mode on this map (thanksgiving2014) so that mobs don't spawn and trees can grow? It would be much appreciated.  :)
"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~ Socrates

Sow a thought, reap an act;
Sow an act, reap a habit;
Sow a habit, reap a character;
Sow a character, reap a destiny.

Jahona

I don't know about tree's but mob spawning should be fixed.

kesteve

Thanks for the mob fix. Somehow I hadn't realized dark oaks need four saplings to grow.

Jahona

Guys Guys Guys.  You have less than 24 hours to finish.  <3 Jahona

kesteve

Reflections of a Thanksgiving Long Ago

This build is a rendition of what Plymouth may have looked like for the 1st thanksgiving. To add a bit difference, the build is constructed using only glass type blocks. You can find this build at (480,46) or follow the yellow glass road from the warp (/warp thanksgiving2014). Don't forget to use the prescribed texture pack.

-----> http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/wip-chroma-hills-rpg-with-a-cartoon-twist/ <-----

Jahona