The meme collection thread

Started by pusur44017, March 10, 2015, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pusur44017

In an attempt to liven up the forums I urge you all to post any memes/funny pictures or other stuff you belive we'd find funny. To start off here are some from my personal collection of goodies.

(If you've seen it before, live with it, it happens.)

-pusur

Emperor_Quimby

Why don't we discuss our thoughts and ideas instead?

Skloosh

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on March 11, 2015, 07:38:51 AM
because people disagree on things... and when people disagree on things they tend to argue, arguing leads to headaches and that leads to everyone having a pretty shitty day.

edit: also memes
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

pusur44017

Quote from: Skloosh on March 11, 2015, 07:57:29 AM
because people disagree on things... and when people disagree on things they tend to argue, arguing leads to headaches and that leads to everyone having a pretty shitty day.

Exactly why.

-pusur

Jahona

Step into the prehistoric era and come face to face with some of the greatest animals to ever walk the Earth!

Skloosh

Jaysers

"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: pusur44017 on March 11, 2015, 09:28:52 AM

Exactly why.

-pusur

Wasn't there a time were we weren't disagreeing on things? the 1830 before George Brandes? yeah... that was the point where we had the same opinion, but did we move as society? no, we needed disagreement or else we're just sitting on the same chair telling the same romantic fairy tales over and over again. Wasn't that what George Brandes wanted to stop?

Jaysers

In all honesty, I'd rather have discussions and risk having a heated debate occurring rather than posting some dank memes. Who says discussions can't be fun too?
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

pusur44017

Quote from: Jaysers on March 11, 2015, 09:25:17 PM
In all honesty, I'd rather have discussions and risk having a heated debate occurring rather than posting some dank memes. Who says discussions can't be fun too?

We're having a debate right now. Why did nobody care to make a discussion thread then? I'm all for that but seriously, I make an attempt to liven the forums and you shoot it down because it's not the right thing. It seriously annoys me.

-pusur

Skitty

Shoot for the moon. And if you miss....You'll die horribly in space.

Jaysers

Quote from: pusur44017 on March 12, 2015, 07:25:51 AM
We're having a debate right now. Why did nobody care to make a discussion thread then? I'm all for that but seriously, I make an attempt to liven the forums and you shoot it down because it's not the right thing. It seriously annoys me.

-pusur

bren4q

Quote from: Jaysers on March 11, 2015, 09:25:17 PM
These forums are no place for discussions! That's what TeamSpeak is for. Amiright?

Back on topic, I'm gonna go with the first ever proper internet meme that I saw. We didn't even have the term "meme" in our vocabulary yet. A name for it came a few years later.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jahmn-pYec8
Surplus to requirements

Skloosh

Quote from: bren4q on March 12, 2015, 06:20:57 PM
We didn't even have the term "meme" in our vocabulary yet. A name for it came a few years later.

the word "meme" was coined by Richard Dawkins(in his book the selfish gene) in 1976 as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catch-phrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.

idk why i brought that up just thought it was neat

pusur44017

@jaysers You are more than welcome to post your memes and funny stuff here but please do not complain about  it not being the thread you wanted. You have got a lot of humour and I absolutley welcome your addition.

-pusur