Hullo adventurer! I heard ye liked Dungeon crawling and Dragon slaying.

Started by Jaysers, May 27, 2015, 08:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaysers

Welcome, welcome. Come in! The night is young and the ale is fine. Quite the blizzard out there, eh? Well not to worry. This inn should satisfy whatever you need.
Oh? What's that? Have I heard of any rumors lately? Well... Not many that are exciting, but I do believe this one should fancy yer ears.

Stay awhile and listen... To the Tale of the Insomniac Dungeoners and Dragonings

So if you couldn't figure it out by now, some of us have started trying out DnD. Though we are all quite literally new to the game, we got lucky and found someone willing to teach us and DM for us.

This post serves as both advertisement and be some sort of our diary of our magical journey ahead of us.

So far, we have the following spectacular characters:

ButlerBandit as a Human Ranger
Drakon as a Dragonborn Barbarian
Glenn as a Half-Elf Swashbuckler (Rogue)
Jaysers as a Half-Elf Paladin
Krawkyz as a Dragonborn Wizard
Skitty as a Human Bard
Spark as a Genasi Paladin
Vance as a High-Elf rogue
Zincman as a Woodelf Cleric
Unknown as a High-Elf Druid
Emperor Quimby as a Human Alchemist (possibly rogue?)
Skloosh as a Half-Elf Fighter (Eldritch)

Unconfirmed Players

The sign up time is now over

PLAYERS TO DO LIST

• Sign up for a roll20 account Here since apparently that's where we're going to do our DnDing. Further instructions shall be written after account creation later.
  • Fill out the questionnaire in the TeamSpeak Lobby File Browser by right clicking Lobby, file browser, and opening the DnD folder

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy our glorious journey to our probable death.

Now enough lolligagging. Onwards to... Adventure! And don't forget to always praise the sun.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

sifitis

Glenn

Oooh, I'm very much interested in this,
Too bad I've got exams coming up (8-22June), perhaps after that I'll be able to join?
As sif stated, approximately what time do you guys plan playing on, and perhaps a date when you got it?
Besides that, what version of D&D will you guys be playing? There's a fair amount of difference between the different versions, the newest version is 5th edition, although a fair amount of people are still playing 4th edition, or variations of 4th E...
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Jaysers

Quote from: sifitis on May 28, 2015, 01:12:56 AM
Time? Date? Place? Attire? Shoe size?

WE NEEDS INFOMATIONS!

Time: no idea
Date: none specified
Place: we're meeting at the Frothbrew Inn. Just a warning, it tends to get loud in here (Teamspeak)
Attire: bring your adventure spirit (imagination). We'll have RevolverMech size you up with what kind of clothes/gear you'll need
Shoe size: Just bring your socks/leggings for now. Again, RevolverMech will get you your proper adventure things.

Honestly, we'll have no idea when we'll start. Right now, we're still situating how many people are going to join and play with us, so we're not starting yet. RevolverMech is going through us one by one to make each of us our character sheet so really it's up to him when we start.

Regarding what edition, I believe we're playing the 5th edition.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

RevolverMech

Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

Jaysers

Updated main post.

Apparently zinc is NOT a dwarf, but a woodelf. Boring.

Also, update on last day to sign up for our glorious adventure of possible death. The last day to register for our roster will be:

JUNE DA FIFTH

Emperor_Quimby

Count me in :D

Fakir Fakkelbottle

Crazed Alchemist, who one's life goal is to turn mountains into gold!

Jaysers

Skloosh

count me in i should have my internet up by then

and ill play a half-elf eldritch sorceress
I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Emperor_Quimby

Do we need a rogue? cause if we do, I can quick fix my character.

Jaysers

Not necessarily. I just put down rogue since it seemed more fitting as an alchemist compared to the other classes available. I think I know what kind of character you're talking about, but not too sure what kind of class.

Glenn

Alchemy would be the Transmutation branch of wizard I suppose (One of the... perks(?) is even called Minor Alchemy) (also includes shape-changing and many forms of transmutation)

Also, Fighter has an archetype called "Eldritch knight" and there is a sorcerer class, but I'm pretty certain there's no Eldritch Sorcerer (Warlock has some Eldritch invocations as well)
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Emperor_Quimby

If it's after the Dungeons and dragon's book, it's under sage

I want posion spray, acid splash as my abilities if you count that under too.

Glenn

Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on June 01, 2015, 12:20:02 PM

We're playing 5th edition, you sure you've got the right book? Because in the standard 5th edition player's manual the only "sage" mentioned is in the backstory section, not the class section

Also, for the actual creation of the character, you'll have to talk to RevolverMech on TS
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!

Emperor_Quimby

Quote from: GlennvW2468 on June 01, 2015, 03:03:29 PM
Quote from: Emperor_Quimby on June 01, 2015, 12:20:02 PM

We're playing 5th edition, you sure you've got the right book? Because in the standard 5th edition player's manual the only "sage" mentioned is in the backstory section, not the class section

Also, for the actual creation of the character, you'll have to talk to RevolverMech on TS

Well shoot me down!

There must be alchemist somewhere