Hullo adventurer! I heard ye liked Dungeon crawling and Dragon slaying.

Started by Jaysers, May 27, 2015, 08:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaysers

Day Three

Well... That didn't exactly work as planned... Brom thought as he quickly observed the situation they landed themselves in. Thurgrom and Xenith stood, bloodied and battered, more than a few feet in front of the large aggressive Hei-xiong as it roared at its next potential meals. Xenith did what he could and threw his glaive every now and then, earning him some good hits.

"Die beast!" Xenith yelled as he threw his glaive and dodging the towering Hei-xiong.

Some scores of feet behind them stood Dax who was trying to protect their flank from the other two smaller Hei-xiongs.

If he's any good, he might buy us an extra minute. Brom guessed as he looked behind him to see Algorous conjuring spells. They were both standing on top of a rock that gave them some range, though the fact that the large Hei-xiong was as tall as said rock didn't exactly encourage them. The traps they set earlier did little to aid them and perhaps made the beast even more enraged, making the situation slightly worrisome. Nearly everyone was focused on taking the large Hei-xiong down, leaving Dax alone with the other two beasts.

A sudden roar from the large Hei-xiong brought Brom's attention back to it right before it stomped towards Thurgrom and swiped its paw at him. Thurgrom barely had time to shout from surprise before he was launched off his feet and thrown back away from his companions. His sudden shout caused Dax's head to turn for but a moment, but enough for the two beasts to maul him. He blocked and dodged several bites and swipes before the second bear charged at him from his side, knocking him unconscious as his head collided with the tree. Before the bears could feast upon him, Algorous stopped his lightning cast and summoned balls of light nearby Dax's unconscious body, distracting the bears and leading them away.

Brom launched arrows after arrows towards the large beast, but with its attention on his two wounded companions, he had to distract it but had no clear shot and he had no time. Suddenly, he was struck with the most insane idea. Taking a few steps back, he made a running jump towards the beast, landing on its back. Standing with wobbling legs, he drew his hand-axes and drove them into the beast, but it only served to anger the beast even more, causing it to stand on its hind legs in trying to throw Brom off. Seeing that his foolish plan worked, Brom jumped off its back, but not before it landed a lucky hit with its paw while he was still airborne. Though painful, Brom used the momentum from the hit and rolled away further back before nocking an arrow and letting loose a shot. He shouted to Thurgrom, who was trying to get back on his feet.

"Get the other two! Lure them into the trap!"

The beast now had its full attention at Brom, giving Thurgrom precious time to recover from its near fatal attack and turning his attention towards the other two beasts stalking towards him. One had a bloody gash across its snout but the other seemed healthily angered. Thankfully, Algorous' distracting lights served to draw most of the beasts' attentions which allowed him to attack the wounded beast. With a mighty swing, his scimitar was able to fatally wound the beast further and cutting open a large gash through its thick hide. The beast roared in pain as it rapidly turned and swiped its paw at its offender. The sheer and unexpected speed of its attack caught Thurgrom off guard, barely raising his shield in time to deflect the forceful blow. Again, he was knocked off his feet, but not as much as before. A spell from Algorous managed to finish off the fatally wounded beast before it could rampantly attack Thurgrom while he was on his back. Turning his head, Thurgrom nodded his thanks before facing the other beast.

All the while, as Brom got the large beast's attention, Xenith stood tall and breathed deep. When he exhaled, a jet spray of acid erupted from his mouth, covering the large beast and causing a burning stench. The large Hei-xiong wailed in pain before it succumbed to the burn and collapsed dead, with its skull partly showing. Brom rushed to the other side of the field, using the tress as cover. With him behind the last beast, Thurgrom and Xenith in its face, and Algorous launching spells from afar, they made quick work of the last beast.

With a moan, the beast fell with a thud. The fight finally over, Xenith and Thurgrom promptly sat down from exertion while Algorous got off the rock and walked towards them. Brom rushed over to Dax and made sure he was stabilized before tending to his own less serious wounds.

Thurgrom groaned as his wounds made themselves known with a vengeance. He leaned back on the large rock as he sat on the cool grass.

"Ah –cough- shitestinz that hurt. Feels like my arm and ribs are –gasp- puddined." Thurgrom rasped in ragged breath as his back hit the rock.

"Bah quit whining. Ya still live, no? Only whine when yu no breathe." Xenith remarked as he sat on a stump and sharpened his blades, ignoring his own bleeding arms. He looked at Brom when he sat down nearby and started maintaining his own weapons.

"How shiny? He will live?"

Brom took a deep breath to calm his adrenalined heart and exhaled sharply.

"ye I believe so. He's not conscious, but he's breathing awright."

Brom looked about and, after testing his legs to see nothing wrong, set out further into the woods.

Xenith saw him stalking away. "Oi!" he called out.  Brom glanced at his direction. "Why leave? Dangerous there."

Brom simply waved his concern. "I'll be fine. Just checking the area to make sure we're safe for now. Won't be long."

As he stalked his way through the woods, he searched around for anything worth noting. The quest did detail about not only hunting the Hei-xiongs, but also search for a lost hunter...

-----------------------

So here we are. I skipped forward quite a bit mainly because this is the most action packed part so far, and I didn't even cover the most exciting part! I'll get to it at some point. Hopefully soon. At least this time, this is a lot easier to write.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

RevolverMech

Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

RevolverMech

Sometime before midnight. 2378 PN (Post Narok), somewhere in The Enyc Blocks

Reinforcements are hours away. My squad cannot hold this like for another ten minutes if we wanted to. We will die here if I don't do something. By the almighty, I will not be remembered as the Darkoak who lost the citadel grip of the Hudson.

"Gladstone!" I bellowed, cleaving through a grayskin's armor.

"Yes, sir?" He responded in kind, forcing a redskin off of the bridge.

"Bring the men back to our side, then wait for me to run over there. Let me cover the retreat"  I said through clenched teeth.

"But sir, we're surrounded!" He said, forcing another two into the water.

"Good, then I can attack in all directions. Now go!" And with that I threw a grenade behind us.

The enemy went flying, and the red sea parted.

"NOW GO!" I yelled.

And they went. And then they were back on our side,  then I made my last battlecry. With singing steel, screaming orcs, and hell-bent hobgoblins, echoing it all across the block.

Then, I pulled the pins on the rest of my grenade belt. Fortunately our rigged explosives carried the destruction along.

Alas, that was the end of Alexander Darkoak, at least I thought so, restless spirits are quite the thing.

Who would of fucking thought huh?

RevolverMech

Cheese Scrubs who've barely played, we're going friday at 8pm CST. GG

Emperor_Quimby

RevolverMech