Vietnamese Vacation

Started by zincman360, June 07, 2015, 04:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaysers

Quote from: pusur44017 on June 09, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
It might be worth knowing that the avarage person from vietnam lives on under a dollar a day.

It's also worth knowing that $1 USD is about 21800 Dongs. And Vietnamese culture. And Vietnamese living standards. It's pretty hard viewing other places in the world and NOT look at them through European/'Murican lenses.
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Krawkyz

How can Americans survive? They only make one-tenth of a cent every second on average! You can't live on one-tenth of a cent!
The Japanese on average only make $3 an hour! That's like nothing!
Also, to be fair, most Vietnamese live on $5 a day. That's average.

Obviously, sarcastic. Don't use misleading stats like this. Use Annual Income

On Average, US about $50,000; Japan about $46,000; Vietnam about $3,600.

BUT EVEN THEN -- that's not there currency. That's just income in dollars. Plus, that doesn't even compare to GDP nor the economy's state. You have to first look at what counts at poverty level in countries.

In US, about $23,283; Japan, $17,411; Vietnam, about $1,800.

Economics.

Butlerbandit

Quote from: Jaysers on June 09, 2015, 04:57:18 PM
It's also worth knowing that $1 USD is about 21800 Dongs.

I told him before he left that he should have brought about $50 to exchange so he could say he was a millionaire once.
Held Together by Duct Tape

TheAlmightyVance

Drakon

Out of concern, do you have access to your steam in Vietnam?  We are looking to buy Tabletop Simulator, and Ark: Survival Evolved, when they go on big sales.  If you don't have access I shall see if I can arrange something if it goes on sale while you are gone.  Hope your trip is going well, judging from the picture it am glad it's not what the movies depict Vietnam to be.

bren4q

This will happen if you leave the hotel...

! No longer available
Surplus to requirements

zincman360

Okay fifth try so far I think. Here is a last photo before I left Saigon and some stuff I recorded at my grandfather's farm. Also I kind of have access to Steam. I can see the sale but my wifi right now is going to disappear tomorrow when I return back to Saigon. Also, I doubt I'll be allowed to purchase a video game in Vietnam. On the bright side I'm going to an island resort, yay. It's important to note that I like building sandcastles. Mind the fact that the chicken video, I had to be really "stealthy" or it would have ran away.

Jaysers

Saigon seems like a pretty interes-

... Hold on a second...

Something doesn't belong here...

... Why does the building look sho-

WAIT. WUT. DA. FK.

SAMUS. DA FK ARE YOU DOING IN 'NAM?!
"To regret is to make an experience that of suffering. I do not regret the time spent, but rather wish it was spent on something else."

Krawkyz

TheAlmightyVance

click 2 zoom hrd 2 see

haf lyfe 3 ellumanati confyrmd

Skloosh

I fold my pants because pants is a big deal.

Butlerbandit

Ok, so zinc, I have a question for you; if a farmer in Vietnam were to host a party, and that party to to involve copious amounts of alcohol (as many good parties do), how would the farmer prevent his drunken party-goers from falling in the giant field puddles?
Held Together by Duct Tape

zincman360

Trick question, he wouldn't stop them. Those who can't swim will be eaten by the fish and farm shrimp. It seperates the weak from the strong, otherwise known as who can swim or not. Also I would've recorded it but I was the only one with a stick to keep the boat with my two cousins from floating downstream. It was about to rain and they didn't tie up the boat so they got in and it started to float away. I kept poking the boat with a stick to hold it.