Staff Application Question (Part 2)

Started by AustinAyers105, June 08, 2015, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinAyers105

Hey it's me :P Not trying to be pushy on the staff subject (really sorry if it sounds like I am) but I'm not saying you don't have enough staff members for the amount of people that come to the server or continually go on the server. I just thought it may be nice to have an active staff member on the server. I am on quite a bit as I have to repair an entire stronghold from a grief that was made to it before I found it. But I also come on just for a quick checkup on things in the server. I'd like to be helpful in any way, but I could deal with any possible problems myself if I was staff (this is not application, remember that) I know I sound a bit greedy/pushy, but I'm not :P so, sorry if I sound like it. I just like to be really helpful and I can't do anything if I'm a normal player xD (Please no rude comments and don't say anything mean in a "polite" manner, AKA: Nothing rude in any form, ty)

pusur44017

You play on the survival server mostly, Right? So, is this castle on that server? In that case it's allowed to grief as you know. We are not for the time being accepting new staff members as we have told you before. We will tell you if a position should arise so that you may apply if the time comes. Unless you have any more direct questions, I will lock this topic in a few hours.

-pusur

AustinAyers105

I never said to punish anyone that griefed the stronghold, I simply stated that I am in the midst of repairing the grief :P You made it sound like i wanted someone to get punished :P And ty (for saying you'll give a heads-up)

Butlerbandit

It's like Darth said on your last application; we can't really consider you for staff at the moment because we don't really know you. Hop on teamspeak once in a while and hang out with us, we're a great bunch and I swear we don't bite! (well, some of us don't).

(If you do feel like joining the teamspeak server and need any help installing teamspeak on your end, shoot me a pm and I'll help however I can.)

(Also, I would like to mention that because survival is supposed to be somewhat "lawless", the only real functions of most staff members on survival is to ban people with hacked clients, which is extremely rare because of the server's anti-cheat plugins.)
Held Together by Duct Tape

AustinAyers105

What about rudeness? And there are griefings too, I have been griefed once before by a wither someone spawned. I haven't tested out whether Darth has disabled that or not, but I'd rather not find out, last time I tried I accidentally blew the crap out of someone place because they had livestock, and you know , withers love livestock xD

pusur44017

Quote from: AustinAyers105 on June 08, 2015, 01:56:43 PM
I never said to punish anyone that griefed the stronghold, I simply stated that I am in the midst of repairing the grief :P You made it sound like i wanted someone to get punished :P And ty (for saying you'll give a heads-up)

Since this is an element that is supposed to be like this, it's not meant that anyone with staff ranks are to fix grief. It's really cheating if you are not in survival mode which is why it's fine if you'd like to do this with your materials.

Now, unless you have any direct questions because something about this is unclear, please do not raise the matter on the forums again unless there actually is a position. In which case we will get back to you.

-pusur