Rules Discussion

Started by Skittlez, November 07, 2011, 07:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skittlez

These are the current rules, if you believe a certain rule is unfair, or if you think we should add a rule, please post here.

Classic Rules

1) Griefing is not allowed.  Destroying or modifying someone else's build without their permission, digging a player into a hole or generally being destructive towards other users is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and will result in a ban.

2) Do not make structures that could be considered offensive or pointless. This includes: genitals, swastikas, random tunnels, pillars etc.

3) Do not flame or spam the chat.  This includes swearing at another player (mild swearing not directed at anyone is acceptable) talking in all caps, or flooding the chat with meaningless text.

4) Do not pester or harass other users.  This includes insults, arguments, being an annoyance or a nuisance, or abusing commands (such as /gun, /summon or /slap).

5) You may speak in another language if you wish, but if an OP or higher asks you a question, you must reply in plain English, or face a ban.

6) Please act respectfully towards Admins (and players in general). If you have a problem with an admin, do not spam about it in game - file an official complaint on the forums or bring it up privately with a SuperOP.

7) You may ask to be ranked up once, by using /review.  OPs always go around and visit everyone's builds, so you will be ranked up based on your work, not based on how much you ask. In the case that you have not been ranked to builder or probuilder after a number of days and several builds, talk to a SuperOP.  If no SuperOPs are available, an OP or higher will suffice. 

8) Do not advertise other websites or servers, or attempt to redirect traffic from our servers. If you would like to advertise, please ask skitty or bren4q for permission via PM on the forums or in-game chat.

9) The highest ranked user online is responsible for dealing with grief.  As an example: if there are advanced builders online and you are an epic builder, please ask them to deal with a griefers instead of warn-kicking them.

10) The only permitted place to use gun_sand, gun_stair, gun_laser or gun_explode are on maps specifically designated to destruction.  The names of these maps generally include (but are not limited to): "tntwar" and "zombies".  Always ask an OP+ if it is OK to use gun_sand, gun_stair, gun_laser or gun_explode before using the command.

For Admins

Baning Adv+ Players

1) In the event where you believe that the only suitable action towards a player of any rank higher then AdvBuilder is to ban them, you must find a SuperOP to vouch for you. If the SuperOP agrees, then you may ban the user. In the event that the ban is found to be unfair, or disproportionate towards the offence, both admins (the one who banned and the vouching SuperOp) will be held accountable.
2) All players have the right to appeal their bans. Banning from the forums should only be done in the event that they are seen as a serious threat to the community, the player is a significant nuisance, or is attempting to poaching players from the community.
3) Other players may ask about a person's ban, and you must answer honestly about the ban. But, if the player persists on asking even after you have answered twice to the player, you may implement the appropriate consequences (Warn -> Kick -> Temp-Ban)
4) A player cannot appeal a ban for somebody else. Only the banned can appeal their own ban.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

gaminguru

Rule 8 is the coolest 8)
Anyway, the regular rules seem to cover all of the bases. I hope the Admin section wasn't supposed to contain all the rules of being an admin, because if so it is missing a few things. I don't remember if there is a "How to be a good admin" post yet, but if there isn't, this probably isn't the best thread to put it in. I would say make a separate post with guidelines to being an admin and put that bottom section in it.

Skittlez

Good point, we do have a "How to be a good Admin" post, and ill transfer the bottom part there. Thank you!

bren4q

Should include "Classic" in this topic title if these rules are specific to classic.
Surplus to requirements

Skittlez

Quote from: bren4q on November 07, 2011, 08:34:43 PM
Should include "Classic" in this topic title if these rules are specific to classic.
Hm? Where? :P

Saracalia

Great rules. I shall obey them to keep my place here in the servers.

bren4q

Quote from: Skittlez on November 07, 2011, 08:43:43 PM
Quote from: bren4q on November 07, 2011, 08:34:43 PM
Hm? Where? :P
::)
In the topic title... instead of "New Rules" have "New Rules for Classic" or something along those lines.

Since you started this in the General Discussion area, a thread called "New Rules" could be new rules for posting on the forum, or new rules for Minecraft classic, or beta, or new rules for judging a bikini contest, or new rules on how to play hopscotch, etc.
Hm?
Surplus to requirements

MauritsD

Can there be a rule added onto the "No 1x1 towers or pointless tunnels"

Wich would be, no pointless roads/walking paths in the sky.

Ive seen it a few times, and its annoying since a path..flying there...not beeing used..and possibly blocking high builds, with AMAZING! potential.
Im MasterDutch1995, my irl name is Maurits. :)

CTSquirrel

deleted, misread.

evilmaniaman

cool rules. enforcement time.
ye...