Insomniac Prop Hunt EX Event

Started by MissVixiy, December 22, 2015, 05:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissVixiy

Hello Insomniac members,
         I was wondering if you guys wanted to play a prop hunt game with insomniac members only. I was thinking about having this on Jan. 7th, 2016 at 10pm EST and I hope that works with everybody`s schedule. I hope we have a good time play this game!!! 8)

However, please tell me ASAP if you are participating so I know many people will there. We will be on our Insomniac Prop Hunt EX server made by The Proffessor and I will personal message the password to the server. I will be streaming this on my twitch and I ask someone else to record the game for the Insomniac Server YouTube channel.

One stipulation: No motel_blake maps

My twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/missvixiy

Insomniac Servers YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHTTKiufw0B85dshF07s4Aw

The Proffessor

Hello everyone.

A lot of people here might not know me, but I'm the creator of Prop Hunt EX, a special addon for the usual prop hunt that I created just for you guys. ^^

For starters, there are more taunts than I care to list. There is a special taunt mode as well that has a chance of being triggered at the start of a round, but I won't spoil the surprise, as it's relatively rare.

Some other minor things I coded in are high prop jump, scaling (and by extension, reduced) fall damage, and crossbow for hunters.

The main specialty feature for our server is items. At the start of each round, each team gets assigned an item at random. The item gets assigned to a random player on that team. A display at the top right corner of the screen shows the item that you have, if you have one. Press F4 to use an item if you have one.

The items are as follows:

ImageNameClassFunctionNotes
NothingBothSelf explanatory, you don't have anything...
UnknownBothYou don't have anything, but someone else on your team does.Also used if an enemy team has an item.
Antigrav MatrixHuntersReduces gravity and runspeed of props.Lasts for 12 seconds.
HealthkitHuntersRestores 50 health.Does not restore health past 100.
Omega ReactorHuntersSupercharges the hunter, making them invincible to all damage, enabling sprinting, enabling flight by holding jump, giving unlimited primary fire ammo, and 2 extra SMG grenades; but at the cost of the hunter overloading after the duration ends and exploding, dying instantly.Lasts for 37 seconds. Hunter emits fire effects from their head. Overload explosion can damage and kill surrounding props AND hunters. Sprinting and flight stamina is limited. Item is very rare.
RadarHuntersSends out a audible sonar pulse which will reflect off props.3 pings total.
Decoy BombPropsCreates a copy of your current prop at your current location. If a hunter damages it, they will be killed instantly, and the decoy explodes.Prop starts out nocollided with the world until you hit F4 again to lock it in place. After decoy is locked in place, you can make the decoy emit taunt sounds. Decoy props can taunt 5 times. There is a 1 in 5 chance of the taunt backfiring and causing you to taunt as well.
SmokescreenPropsGreatly reduces hunter visibility.Lasts for 7 seconds.
Subspace Party AmplifierPropsForces all hunters to start dancing uncontrollably.Lasts for 9 seconds.

Charon

Emperor_Quimby

Drakon

Just a recommendation to all, join the server before the event so you can download all the content before the event. There are a lot of taunts and they take ~5 minutes to download, so best download it beforehand.

bren4q

Some noob info would be good. Like, what game this uses (I assume G-mod) and what the server IP is.
Surplus to requirements