-Dota 2

Worth the Full Price
-Dota 2

Games I want to play more of, but are only enjoyable multiplayer
-Dota 2
Bruh, calm down
Quote from: Glenn on February 16, 2016, 03:57:10 PM
-Payday2
Really don't like the game and it needs to be on this list to annoy Drakon.
Kraw and Glenn are plotting against me, IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Most Awaited Game of 2016
Overwatch?
Overwatch...?
Nope, fuck that jizz. While it is just a rumor floating around I would easily have to say Paper Mario Wii U... give me a sec, I gotta go get my gamer gear cleaning kit and clean off my gamer gunk, IF YA CATCH MAH COLD!

pusur44017

Games I played in 2015:

Biggest Waste of Money
Cities - Skylines: A very annoying gameplay where if you spend too much, (as I did, the first time I played this) you are going downhill. The task is to run a city, so everyone is complaining about various stuff such as no hospitals, police, fire, power, water etc, but these costs lots of money to build and run so you get a negative income and there you are stuck because if you raise taxes above I think 13% (pfft, amateurs) everybody is unhappy and will eventually leave your town.

else.heart.break(): The story is boring and uninteractive, at least the first few mins, because that's how far I got...

Most argue-able opinions
Overwatch looks like ever other game in that category ever.

Best Solo Game - It is not possible for me to make one selection.
Life is Strange - This game, wow. First, the technical. I cannot find any faults with that side of things. It's probably not the best of anything, but it's not bad in any way either. The story is [input non-exsistant positive word]. At times it leaves me stunned and unable to think about anything else. It's so compelling and thought provoking that I try to get as many people as possible to play it. If you are thinking of playing this, DO NOT read ANYTHING about this or season 2.

Rimworlds - A game in early release that is about getting a colony to run. The gameplay mechanics are well thought through and I suspect there are more to come. This is very worth it if you like games like FTL.

Also worth a mention, but not a full paragraph because I'm lazy: Pony Island, FTL, Metal Gear Solid V and more that I cannot remember.

Most Surprisingly Fun Game
I don't ever buy or try games I don't think are fun.

Best Multiplayer Game
Payday 2: Although I agree with it's decline in quality, the original content is still good and occationally the new stuff is somewhat good. I cannot ignore that I have logged 528 hours in this game.

GTA online: This is also not a bad mention, but once you hit a certain point, the grinding is real.

Worth the Full Price
Nope.

The ugly:
GTA V - I was very disapointed with story mode. I don't know why. I spend days on GTA IV's story, and I really think GTA IV was way more compelling.

Most awaited game of 2016:
Life is Strange season 2 (Yes it's that good)

-pusur

Edgar Harford

Biggest Waste of Money - Conclave DLC for Crusader Kings II

I bought the previous DLC, Horse Lords for roughly $14 and wasn't disappointed, the addition of the eastern wastes to the ever expanding map added an extra 200 hours of gameplay to a game I've played 1000 hours of. Since buying Conclave, I've had an extra 3 hours gameplay... Tells you a lot.
The new expansion adds council mechanics, which was sorely lacking in the previous games, giving you an incentive to play as a vassal giving more depth and flavor to the game. That's all I can say that would be considered good about this DLC as they've also added strangely anachronistic balancing fixes to a game that was already relatively well balanced to begin with.

Most Controversial opinion - Fallout 4 is Mediocre

Don't get me wrong, I liked playing this game but when it came to the limitless potential offered by Todd Howard in the numerous press releases about the game, I actually fell into the fucking hype trap and believed him.
I bought the game for roughly $60 about a month after release and whilst I had some fun with the game, I could not ignore the fact that this wasn't the kind of RPG experience that was given in, well... any of the fallout games, and the stuff they did better (first person shooter aspects, weapon customizability though this is arguable) made the game into some mediocre FPS.

Best Solo Game - Crusader Kings II

As I've said before, I've clocked over a thousand hours into this game and somehow still feel like I can actually get some more out of this game, as this rich historical background provides somewhat of a true sandbox experience to experiment with. From restoring the Roman Empire to establishing Zoroastrianism as the main religion of the Scandinavian Empire, this game does not disappoint when it comes to how you can change the history within the game. Not only that, but you can also convert your CK2 saves to Europa Universalis IV, and continue on your empire in a different period in time.

Most Surprisingly Fun Game - Crusader Kings II

I'm can't be bothered to say anymore about this game...

Best Multiplayer Game -

Worth the Full Price - Witcher 3

If I were to award a game for being the prettiest and most aesthetically pleasing (I like boobs), then this would be it. It's graphics, coupled with an extensive background lore spanning 2 other games and a series of 5 books, and the length of the game reaching 150 hours (if you finish everything at a leisurely pace)makes this probably one of the best deals around.

Krawkyz

Quote from: pusur44017 on February 21, 2016, 06:31:34 AM
The ugly:
GTA V - I was very disappointed with story mode. I don't know why. I spend days on GTA IV's story, and I really think GTA IV was way more compelling.
I can see why GTA IV was more compelling in some senses. One of the biggest feats of GTA IV was the pacing of choices, and gradually over time you became more and more able to choose things (cause you're new to the area). GTA V is a change of pacing where you started in control and stay in control (and things fuck up over time). Personally, I enjoyed GTA V's story for the heists, and everything in between was alright for me. Franklin and Niko were the best written characters in both bits.