Private/Third Server Proposal

Started by Drakon, April 29, 2016, 09:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon

I feel like this discussion should be a post of it's own, and not with the survival server proposal. So I would like to discuss ideas of a third server here.

I think we have all enjoyed the experience or idea of an adventure map at some point, so why don't we have a third server of 'Insomniac Adventures!', where we schedule adventure map sessions.

Darth also prodded at the idea of a hardcore server, which was ignored pretty brutally.

Keep this in mind this is just supposed to start thought processes, but let's finish the 'cleaning' of the survival server, but if you do post here everything that you post here should be short and sweet, because everybody is focusing on those huge posts on the survival server proposal, when that is over we can go into more detail.

Glenn

Scheduled adventure map sessions sound great, but I don't know too many you can actually play with a bunch of players... (then again, I haven't been looking for them either...)

Any way we could make some kind of hub from where we can load an adventure map, play with a few players, and then when it is finished or the players decide to stop, return them to the hub?

As for a hardcore server, perhaps there are some people who like this idea, but I'm not a fan. Seeing as we have a fairly small community, this server would probably die out pretty quick, and might cause drama in the way someone died as well!
NULLUS LIMES LEONI
No limits for the lion!
Currently studying Digital Arts & Entertainment at Howest, specifically Game Development.

Krawkyz

The third server idea was initially thrash's and mine that was proposed to darth rather poorly. The idea was survival could be all lovey dovey public shit and the third would be a whitelisted vanilla server similar to something along the lines of ZipKrowd (extreme technical server, completely vanilla).

sifitis

Quote from: Krawkyz on April 29, 2016, 01:31:09 PM
lovey dovey public shit

Elegant.

I like the idea of an adventure map server, though I'm not sure how plausible that would be.