Custom commands added to Classic

Started by bren4q, December 13, 2011, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren4q

I made a few custom commands and added them to the server. At the moment they are mainly just convenience/shortcut type commands that are probably more useful for admin tasks and map cleaning.

/zaShortcut for "/z air"
/zwShortcut for "/z water"
/ggShortcut for "/z grass"
/ccShortcut for "/copy cut"
/wShortcut for "/whois"
/xfixgrass (/xfg)Turns dirt only on the map surface to grass, instead of turning all exposed dirt to grass like /fixgrass does
/zagDoes a "/z air" and then turns the dirt left behind on the ground back into grass. Ideal for removing junk blocks and automatically fixing the grass under them
/deathquitCan't take it any more? Leave the game with a bang. If physics is 3 or 4 you will explode like TNT  ;D
/scale <factor> <direction>Increase the size of a copied object by factors of 2 to 20. Scale it in all directions, or along a specified axis (x, y or z)

/xfixgrass and /zag work perfectly on my test server but didn't work on IS when I tested them. They may need some tweaks or a different physics setting.
Surplus to requirements

Reichtmueller

these sound pretty cool nice job bren! i don't wanna be pushy but maybe you could make some kind of a deaf command? with the merged server it can get sometimes rediculous!
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

bren4q

The ignore command is built into McForge.

"/ignore playername" so you don't see chat from a particular person.
"/ignore all" so that no chat appears from anyone on your screen.

"/ignore all" is far better for using when taking screenshots than /moderate or the global clear chat command, since it will not interfere with other players while letting you take screenshots free of chatter.
Surplus to requirements

bren4q

If anyone has other ideas for commands or shortcuts/tweaks for other commonly used commands, post them here.
I'm still getting to grips with the process. At the moment its easier if I can use elements from other existing commands as a basis for new ones.
For example, my /xfixgrass command borrows elements of "/replace dirt grass" and applies to the 2 opposite corners of the map, which it works out based on the map's size.

Completely new commands that have no similarities to existing ones may be a bit beyond what I can make at the moment, but its no harm getting some ideas together here.

Some I'd like to add:

/scale - scale up the size of a build or object by a specified factor. E.g. "/scale 2" would double all blocks in an area making it twice as big. Extra options would be to scale it only in certain directions, e.g. "/scale 3 y" would triple the size of a build along the Y axis (i.e. triple its height)

/smg - like /gun but continuous rapid fire. i.e. hit the glass once to start firing, and it continues on full auto until you hit the glass again to stop.

/dig - like /drill, but works vertically. e.g. "/dig 20" and then hit a block below you will dig down exactly 20 deep.

/juggle - like using /slap over and over - a Streetfighter/Tekken style air juggle combo that repeatedly slaps someone and keep them up in the air for a specified period of time. Intended for having fun with griefers prior to kicking them off.
Surplus to requirements

skloosh

brilliant just wonderful i want these nows LOL!

Reichtmueller

Brilliant! i knew about ignore, but not ignore all. thanks!
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

bren4q

I have coded a /scale command and added it to the classic server.

It works on copied objects, so it is for AdvBuilders or higher.

• /copy an object in the usual way.
  • Use the /scale command and specify optional parameters.
  • /paste the object and it will have increased in size.
The amount that you can scale up by is from 2 to 20 (note - things get big VERY quickly, so 2 or 3 is usually enough)
You can scale along all axes so that it uniformly grows, or you can scale along a specific axis so that it stretches in just one direction to make it just taller/longer/wider.

Some examples:
"/scale" on its own is the same as "/scale 2" which will double the size of a copied object in all directions.
"/scale 3" will triple the size of a copied object  in all directions.
"/scale 2 y" will double the height along the vertical Y axis.
"/scale 4 x" will quadruple the width along the horizontal X axis (use either x or z depending on which way the object is facing on the map)

You can chain them together to scale multiple times, e.g.
"/scale 2 y" immediately followed by "/scale 3 z" will have the effect of doubling the height and tripling the width.
Surplus to requirements

jwirth

Loving the /deathquit thats for me lol.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

Krawkyz

Do these work on the backup server? (They didn't before.  :-\)