Name Vote! (ignore)

Started by Skittlez, November 07, 2011, 10:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skittlez

This is the  final poll for the server name! Make this vote count, this is the final one!

Edit-
Note: this poll ran before we had all name suggestions, so you can ignore. Another poll will start on Thursday, Nov 10th with a bigger selection of names.
I apologize on behalf of Skittlez for the inconvenience  ;D
- bren
            <- I regret nothing! -Skittlez
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

thealex447

mix Carbon Domain and Digital Frontier to Digital Carbon. Or we can just be Slytherin :D

EDIT: Digital Carbon is used by http://www.digitalcarbongroup.co.uk/

morin

carbon domain is taken on proboards js
i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol

Skittlez

Quotecarbon domain is taken on proboards js
TheCarbonDomain.com Is NOT taken yet.
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

skloosh

bren4q

I dont think "The" should be the only thing that distinguishes our group from another group.

There are over 1 million words in the English language, and since we will likely have a double-barrel name that means there are 1 trillion possibilities for a group name. We should be able to come up with something that is more unique and still suitable.

My suggestion would be to build up a bigger list of possible names first (e.g. 50) instead of rushing to vote on the first 10 or so that we think of. I'd prefer to gather people's ideas until a certain deadline, say Thursday night. Then the admin group can review the list and reduce it down to the most suitable candidates and check them for availability. Then run a vote with a voting deadline of 11.59pm on Sunday. Then we have our name.

Once we have chosen a name, we're kinda stuck with it. I just want to be sure we're giving it the best possible chance of coming up with a good one.
Surplus to requirements

skloosh

that........... is a good idea  ;D

Reichtmueller

I really hope we can continue to use "PK" just not be powerkrew.
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

bren4q

Quote from: schiller on November 08, 2011, 06:23:05 AM
I really hope we can continue to use "PK" just not be powerkrew.

If its not on the list then make a suggestion for one please.
Surplus to requirements

jwirth

yea if we work more on it we could possibly find more names that are better these are pretty good but we can do better but that just my opinion.
Those that don't know pain can never know true peace!

bren4q

As I posted before:

We really want to settle on a new name as soon as possible. A thread has been running the past 4 days asking for people's suggestions, but rather than give suggestions people are saying "why dont we have a name that represents X and does Y and has like a Z in it", and yet still make no suggestions.

If someone has a suggestion for a name PLEASE just post it. And post it now. No explanation necessary, just names. Tankuverymooch.
Surplus to requirements

Reichtmueller

Chocolate servers, Incognito Servers, The Tranquil Servers, Project Krew (PK)  Riverview Servers, Dartmouth Servers. just some shit i brainstormed in 3 minutes.
I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.

skloosh

my ideas and one i think is mine ExoTrace NeonFlux DinoPony MegaDeath <--- stupid name ik.

Juwayyid

I'm not felling any of these names.  Perhaps we just stick with a temp one while we find one we all like.  So for now it can just be XKrew.
Though not of this world, The Juwayyid finds human kind to be a tolerable enough species to hang around with.

morin

i play way to much tf2/ massive trader :D i own a 100$ hat currently :D/not that expensive for some people lol